Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Thinking of moving to Miami/Southeast Florida area...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got me a rental
Old 12-14-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

a bad *** piece of **** chevy cobalt, woo hoo.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
I agree, the people are ruder down here. Much more ruder than in Orlando. When I first got into West Palm Beach I was walking down the sidewalk minding my own business and some lady carrying boxes walked into me and just kept on walking. No apology, no excuse me nothing. She acted like nothing happened. I wanted to backhand her. This seems like typical behavior down here.

southflo2ss I want to come visit, sounds like a cool place where you live.
Most definately, and I remind myself again why I can't wait to leave. Today, walking out of work I hold a door for a customer..........again, no look, no thank you nadda. Rude ******* here, think you owe them this kind of gesture.

I think I am going to let the door just hit them next time and only open it for myself.

Jeff, not to get off subject here you still coming to BMP with us Sat?

If you want I will give you a call and plan it out............only a few more days!! I am coming home after I race, can't stick my dog in boarding..........I can't do that to him.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:58 AM
10 Second Club

be nice to your doggy, lol.

what time are you leaving? I might be able to swing something now. you still have my number?

I just can't miss this race, sux that I don't have enough time to get my car..
Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

I live in New Port Richey, houses there are still $90k+ bought my house 1 year ago for $74k, jobs suck there I drive 25 miles to work in clearwater, you might want to look into that, plus im 5 min away from the beach
Old 12-15-2005, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2kSnakeEater
I live in New Port Richey, houses there are still $90k+ bought my house 1 year ago for $74k, jobs suck there I drive 25 miles to work in clearwater, you might want to look into that, plus im 5 min away from the beach
How far is New Port Richey and Clearwater from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Sorry for my ignorance. I don't have to live like 5 minutes from Miami/South Beach, but at least within 20-30 minutes from it.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Last of a Breed
How far is New Port Richey and Clearwater from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? Sorry for my ignorance. I don't have to live like 5 minutes from Miami/South Beach, but at least within 20-30 minutes from it.
It's on the west coast. You'd be looking at a ride down 75 then across alligator alley.......or staying on Tamiami trail which to me is in the boonies I mean swamp. If you live on the west coast depending on what you do, you'd have Cape Coral, Ft. Myers and Naples close by AND you can get to Bradenton to race whenever you want to.

Jeff, I will call you.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Last of a Breed
It's on the west coast. You'd be looking at a ride down 75 then across alligator alley to get you east or you could get to the FL turnpike I believe.......or staying on Tamiami trail which to me is in the boonies I mean swamp. If you live on the west coast depending on what you do, you'd have Cape Coral, Ft. Myers and Naples close by AND you can get to Bradenton to race whenever you want to.

Jeff, I will call you.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by racer88
It's on the west coast. You'd be looking at a ride down 75 then across alligator alley to get you east or you could get to the FL turnpike I believe.......or staying on Tamiami trail which to me is in the boonies I mean swamp. If you live on the west coast depending on what you do, you'd have Cape Coral, Ft. Myers and Naples close by AND you can get to Bradenton to race whenever you want to.

Jeff, I will call you.
Damn, then that's a decent trek.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

That it is, I went partially across the alley last night to race in Immokalee.

133 miles from my house to that drag strip. Whew...........it was a good 55 or so miles just to get on the Alley to head west and I didn't go over all the way but I did not north on Hwy 29 for 18 miles.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by racer88
Yep, GA, SC and NC are my future States to check out........as long as I can reside near a good drag strip I don't care if I ever see another palm tree again.

I hope to be out of FL and in a new home by Spring of 2007 maybe even by this time next year. I got in and bought before things sky rocketed and it's time to take my equity and buy a new house and carry very little mortgage and enjoy my time racing.
better move quick. the rich ***** are taking over nc just like fla.

Quick Reply: Thinking of moving to Miami/Southeast Florida area...