Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Northwest Fl Mechanics

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Northwest Fl Mechanics

I am in Ft. Walton Beach and I am looking for a good mechanic/tuner for my 2002 WS6. I cant really find any shops that I would let work on my car, most in the local area seem like shade tree mechanics, and have terrible shops. I am willing to drive about 200-250 miles for a good tune, if it helps I am between pensacola and panama city. Any info would be good (name of shop/ave. price per tune/phone#) Thanks guys.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

John Weeks is pretty close to you in Pace and he is an AWESOME LS1 tuner. He used to work with RWTD in Mobile, but split from them a few weeks ago. My hopes are up that he will start his own shop in Pensacola.

I believe John does head and cam installs along with alot of other work you may need. He can give you a wicked accurate street tune for a good price or you can wait a little while and his shop should be up and running.

If you need a dyno right now, RWTD still does LS1 wehicles but I, and most people who have ever been tuned by John, reccommend waiting for him to do it. Great guy.

Oh and check out gulfcoastmuscle.org and racingpensacola.com. John Weeks is a member of both those boards and frequents them often, along with this one. John02SS is his forum name.

Luke
Old 12-24-2005, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Agreed with Luke. John Weeks from Pace/Pensacola, is just about the best LS1 tuner/mechanic around. Reasonably priced, but you get the best service you can ask for. His name is John02SS on this board. PM him or me, and I will get you his phone number. Not only is he an excellent mechanic, but a hell of a guy, to boot! In fact, he just left my house, we were just checking out the new motor, which he will be putting in, in a few weeks!

Paul
Old 12-24-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Second Club

Things are a lil unorganized for me right now, but will have it all together first of the year in terms of installs and etc. As for tuning, I can take care of that anytime you would like. I can take care of your tune for any combo you choose, mild to wild. Please send me a pm with and I'll send you my contact number and we can discuss what your looking to do and what it will take to get you there. Have a great Holiday and I look forward to speaking with you!

John
Old 12-24-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SilverLS1
Not only is he an excellent mechanic, but a hell of a guy, to boot! In fact, he just left my house, we were just checking each other out.

Paul
Y'all fu*kin?

Luke
Old 12-25-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks guys, looking forward to working with him, a friend of mine had actually told me about the guys in mobile.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:00 PM
BfB
Teching In

Originally Posted by radz
I am in Ft. Walton Beach and I am looking for a good mechanic/tuner for my 2002 WS6. I cant really find any shops that I would let work on my car, most in the local area seem like shade tree mechanics, and have terrible shops. I am willing to drive about 200-250 miles for a good tune, if it helps I am between pensacola and panama city. Any info would be good (name of shop/ave. price per tune/phone#) Thanks guys.

...a friend of mine had actually told me about the guys in mobile.
That would be us, RWTD! Nice to meet you. Whomever you choose is fine by me, but I would like to give you a bit of information on our company.

Tuning:

We have you covered here, and for the best pricing period (trust me). We can accurately and professional tune any 98+ LS1/LS6 vehicle, any 99+ Gen III truck, any LS2 vehicle (including SSR now), and any 97+ GM V6 vehicle, and soon to come is Duramax. You have your choice of a true custom HP Tuners flash, a true custom tuned DiabloSport Predator, or the soon to be released SCT hardware and software. I'm about to start giving the option of tuning via Speed Density, so you'd have that option in the future (I would generally recommend this for supercharged and turbocharged GM vehicles only, tho). You can even purchase your own HP Tuners, and we'll be more than happy to tune you with that, as well as train you to use it yourself!

We have the most state of the art Dynojet dynos ever produced, our 224xLC (stands for "Load Control") automotive dyno, and our new 250i Motorcycle dyno. Both of these dynos incorporate the Eddy Current Load Absorption System, along with torque cells, which allows us to accurate weight and load test your vehicle for ALL possible driving conditions. I would highly advise NOT getting tuned on a dyno without this capability. Combined with our dyno, we employ full datalogging of the various sensors on your vehicle. We don't just read this in real time, but we actually log and then calibrate your vehicle based on the log files we examine from your vehicle. This is done after *every* test and/or run on the dyno.

Parts & Installation:

We have a fully equipped shop that can meet any installation need you have for us, both parts and service. We have a professional and experienced mechanic at the shop 5 days at week, Ryan Stansbury. He specializes in both GM and Ford vehicles, and has worked in the automotive field now for over a decade. Our rates are competitive and fair, and we will do everything w/in our power to ensure that you're 100% satisified.

Obviously there is more to all this than I'm able to type, so please do not hesitate to ask any questions, and we will be more than happy to answer them for you. Give us a call at the shop anytime!

I hope you have a great 2006!

Kind Regards...

Last edited by RWTD; 12-26-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

I would highly recommend RWTD. They are extremely capable, professional, highly knowledgeable, and can tackle any job you may have for them. RWTD's mechanic, Ryan, is clearly qualified with credentials pages long. On top of it, you'd also be supporting a board sponsor of LS1Tech, LS2.com, and LS1GTO.com, and a legit local business in your Gulf Coast area.

Quick Reply: Northwest Fl Mechanics