Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

No-Bull Nationals @LMSP

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Devon Next is right. get the safety stuff done now. As fast as you are going you need the cage etc.

I just had a customer get killed a couple of weeks ago. He had to race and his car wasnt ready. So he went and stuck his big motor in his truck to make some passes. Something went wrong and he hit the wall hard. He died because of his stupidity. Dont be another of my customers like that.
Sorry to hear about your friend/customer Brian, that sucks.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
here is a video of some cars at LMSP its really not a bad track. They have told me the track wil be prep like it should be for any other event. Caveman has raced there yes the longer the night gos the worst it gets but everyone cant be like BMP and do it every so many laps.
A coworker of mine lives near LMSP, he said there was a sign in front of the track that said "Lakeland Dragstrip For Sale" but now the same sign just has it listed as "52 Acres For Sale". I hope they dont sell it and build a warehouse.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
ls1queen-you and the orange car need a Wolfe rear sway bar BAD. I hope you have subframes too, the chassis is twisting.

Yeah, Its coming, should have most of it here in two weeks. I have had sumframes for awhile now. I heard soomething pop tonight scared me. I thought I lost my windshield. Damn spending $3000 hurts. Guess I will be bossing people around for a few more hours everyday.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, Its coming, should have most of it here in two weeks. I have had sumframes for awhile now. I heard soomething pop tonight scared me. I thought I lost my windshield. Damn spending $3000 hurts. Guess I will be bossing people around for a few more hours everyday.
Spending $3000? Did you pop the motor?
Old 02-03-2006, 03:31 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Spending $3000? Did you pop the motor?
If I keep burning plugs I will but no. Fast Intake 90mm TB wolfe roll cage with swing outs and back bar removal (for the kids, groceries ect.) Qa1s, drag sway bar, 410 gears, springs, longer push rods (damn LS1s are noisey), dynojet wideband gage, I just bought a yank py3600. and maybe direct port? not sure on that one.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

think she's talking about a cage.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
A coworker of mine lives near LMSP, he said there was a sign in front of the track that said "Lakeland Dragstrip For Sale" but now the same sign just has it listed as "52 Acres For Sale". I hope they dont sell it and build a warehouse.
Why don't you buy it and put it on your credit card??
Old 02-03-2006, 04:52 PM
9 Second Club

Flyers
Attached Thumbnails No-Bull Nationals @LMSP-no-bull0012.jpg   No-Bull Nationals @LMSP-no-bull10009.jpg   No-Bull Nationals @LMSP-no-bull20011.jpg  

Last edited by LS1Queen; 02-03-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

If I keep burning plugs I will but no. Fast Intake 90mm TB wolfe roll cage with swing outs and back bar removal (for the kids, groceries ect.) Qa1s, drag sway bar, 410 gears, springs, longer push rods (damn LS1s are noisey), dynojet wideband gage, I just bought a yank py3600. and maybe direct port? not sure on that one.
Wow, lots of stuff! Nice! What's up with the burning plugs though, why she goin lean? And which plugs you burnin, like which cylinders?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

yipers going lean on the juice = not good.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
yipers going lean on the juice = not good.
Yeah, tell me bout it, I did it over at BMP on a 300 shot, took out some plugs, guess I was just expecting too much out of the racetronix pump, she couldn't handle it all, so i'll be gettin a standalone before I hit the track again, plus some other needed things! Everything seems ok with the motor, but we're gonna do a leakdown on her tomorrow night just to make sure and if all checks out, i'll be at moroso Sunday for hot rod sunday runnin on motor and tryin to bring home some extra dough to help pay for the **** I need!
Old 02-04-2006, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

oh cool I didn't know moroso was having an event. I'll go check it out.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Wow, lots of stuff! Nice! What's up with the burning plugs though, why she goin lean? And which plugs you burnin, like which cylinders?
Not for sure on the why shes going lean, but we think it might be in the tune. Last week it was cylinder 2,6,3 this Thursday it was 1,3,5. She will also start to miss REAL bad I mean bucking and jerking when you are driving, some days are worse than others. Its intermediate she will have about 6 good passes, pull plugs looks good then do a pass and she will pull hard for about 300 ft then fall out then if you pull the plugs she has burnt atleast 3. It has never done it running wet alone or dry alone only when you use both kits. Damn car shes just like a women. Has her pms days.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Caveman
Caveman you going to be at LMSP this Thursday. Hopefully some of the new stuff will be on. I will be practicing on the tree. I need to do that. Don't matter how fast you are if all you do is either redlight or sleep on the tree. My best tree light was a 5.04 I was staying in the 4.90s forever. I am pretty sure Greg will have his red Z28 there. (not my Greg) Oh and where did you say you got your hood? Suncoast in Tampa right?
Old 02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Caveman you going to be at LMSP this Thursday. Hopefully some of the new stuff will be on. I will be practicing on the tree. I need to do that. Don't matter how fast you are if all you do is either redlight or sleep on the tree. My best tree light was a 5.04 I was staying in the 4.90s forever. I am pretty sure Greg will have his red Z28 there. (not my Greg) Oh and where did you say you got your hood? Suncoast in Tampa right?
Yes Suncoast Creations hood. I will try to be at the track on Thurs, I have to work on not redlighting also cause I want to start running some of these heads up races this year.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:02 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Caveman. I found a real nice hood. It looks taller than yours.
Oh well gotta try to find a flywheel for a friend before the game.

Thanks Paula
Old 02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Not for sure on the why shes going lean, but we think it might be in the tune. Last week it was cylinder 2,6,3 this Thursday it was 1,3,5. She will also start to miss REAL bad I mean bucking and jerking when you are driving, some days are worse than others. Its intermediate she will have about 6 good passes, pull plugs looks good then do a pass and she will pull hard for about 300 ft then fall out then if you pull the plugs she has burnt atleast 3. It has never done it running wet alone or dry alone only when you use both kits. Damn car shes just like a women. Has her pms days.
Damn that sucks, I took out 1,3, and 7. Luckily everything's ok with her, took her to the track today and actually ran a new all motor best!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 08:02 PM
9 Second Club

congrats. I still haven't gotten a better motor pass still stuck at a 7.08.

She seems to be ok, I was real scared. I just kept thinking there goes my pistons. When I drove my mom home tonight she started her usual miss. If you stab the gas or put in nutruel and rev her up she will clear up then do it a few seconds later. Got any clues, Greg put her on a computer and the only code was that the crank needs to be relearned. I am about to give up.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

congrats. I still haven't gotten a better motor pass still stuck at a 7.08.

She seems to be ok, I was real scared. I just kept thinking there goes my pistons. When I drove my mom home tonight she started her usual miss. If you stab the gas or put in nutruel and rev her up she will clear up then do it a few seconds later. Got any clues, Greg put her on a computer and the only code was that the crank needs to be relearned. I am about to give up.
I think the car will act all screwed up like that if the crank needs to be relearned, and maybe it's a bad crank position sensor and that will definately make it screwy! I'd definately look into that stuff before anything else if it's throwing that code, and also, maybe the wiring going to the crank position sensor is pinched, that'll cause the code too I think. Wow, our motor bests are pretty damn close, here's my run from today:

I don't know what kind of 60's you cut on motor or what kind of mph, but et is close! I was actually really surprised when I saw that 60'! She comes out of the hole like a pig on motor cuz she's all setup for spray and usually only cuts like high 1.6 - low 1.7 60's cuz she bogs out of the hole, but I messed with my shock settings a bit to try and make her hit softer so she wouldn't hook so hard and pull the motor down and I guess it worked, cuz I cut that 60' right off the street and then the rest of the day she was in the low 1.6's! Of course it still feels piggish compared to low 1.3's on spray, but better than usual!!!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:02 PM
9 Second Club

Yea they are real close 60ft was 1.56 mph =99.50 this was at 24* of timming and #8 plugs we just put in a Yank PY3600 converter today we are hoping to get the 60ft down a little we havent hit it with a 300 yet but we have sprayed 225hp in the hole and pulled a 1.322 60ft on MT drag radials

Quick Reply: No-Bull Nationals @LMSP