Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Forign conversation

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
This post might come off a little rude, but this is a oponion I believe many of us have.
To those who find it funny to speak spanish in this thread, you guys are doing exactly what it is that pisses americans off.
I speak english, and you want to be funny and speak spanish during this subject.
That to many americans shows disrespect, and is flat out ignorant.
Take it easy, man. I see what you're saying, but I NEVER speak in spanish to an American (obviously). If I find someone who was born in the same place as I (like chaman), however, then I'll speak to them informally in spanish, almost as if I was back home talking to one of my buddies. It just feels nice to be able to talk in your native language every now and then. That in my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with being ignorant, or showing disrespect.

Now I think what you mean is that it pisses you off when you go to a place like Miami and you go into a restaurant and can't find a single waiter who speaks english. That I can definitely see how it would **** you off, as an english-speaking American.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Teching In

I think this conversation is a waste of time. give it a break fellas.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This post might come off a little rude, but this is a oponion I believe many of us have.
To those who find it funny to speak spanish in this thread, you guys are doing exactly what it is that pisses americans off.
I speak english, and you want to be funny and speak spanish during this subject.
I am sure this will just make you guys type in spanish even more because you will look at my post and laugh, then post more in spanish knowing I find it rude. Go ahead, I guess its expected. I am not trying to make fun, or upset anyone, but I dont believe many of you care what other american citizens believe, or how they feel.
It seems that many spanish people have attitudes like they belong here and are better then everyone else. I feel that everyone is created equal, and we seperate ourselves by the desicions we choose to make.
I am not better then anyone else. My life dosen't mean anymore overall then the next persons. The major population of this country is White/Black. Mostly everyone else has came here looking to better themselves, or looking for work for their familys. Some come here out of fear and need to get away from their country.
In my oponion, if you come to America for any of these reasons you should come here with respect. Show respect to those that live here, and learn to do as the american law says. Be happy your are here and be willing to do your part to make this place a better place for everyone.

I only bring all this up as maybe some of you guys dont realize what can be disrespectful. Speaking spanish in this thread is to me disrespectful. I honestly shouldn't have to even read it. Type in English so we can all know what your saying, and so that is doesn't come out as hahahaha these damn white boys aren't going to know what I am typing.
And hell if you only typed in spanish because your english writing sucks, just come over to Ft. Myers and we can go to school together.
I hope you guys understand the point I am trying to make, and dont feel like I am making fun, or being rude towards any of you.
+1 and turo, i can see what youre saying, but imo it belongs in pm's. and the whole thing about no english speaking waiters really pisses me off, i was in miami and that happened to me, and i wasnt in a spanish restaurant, i would expect it then and would maybe be disappointed if they spoke to me in english, but i cussed out several people and left, they probably couldnt understand me, but i expect to be able to order food in my own country, i know enough spanish to get by and i definately could have ordered but that isnt the point, hope that makes sense.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Honestly, I thought it was funny to post to others in Spanish to porove I'm all for other languages despite my heavily pro-English views... A way to offset, so to speak. No offense intended, just some Hispanics trying to determine who has the prettiest women... No offense intended.

I am sure this will just make you guys type in spanish even more because you will look at my post and laugh, then post more in spanish knowing I find it rude. Go ahead, I guess its expected. I am not trying to make fun, or upset anyone, but I dont believe many of you care what other american citizens believe, or how they feel.
It seems that many spanish people have attitudes like they belong here and are better then everyone else. I feel that everyone is created equal, and we seperate ourselves by the desicions we choose to make.
I am not better then anyone else. My life dosen't mean anymore overall then the next persons. The major population of this country is White/Black. Mostly everyone else has came here looking to better themselves, or looking for work for their familys. Some come here out of fear and need to get away from their country.
In my oponion, if you come to America for any of these reasons you should come here with respect. Show respect to those that live here, and learn to do as the american law says. Be happy your are here and be willing to do your part to make this place a better place for everyone.

I only bring all this up as maybe some of you guys dont realize what can be disrespectful. Speaking spanish in this thread is to me disrespectful. I honestly shouldn't have to even read it. Type in English so we can all know what your saying, and so that is doesn't come out as hahahaha these damn white boys aren't going to know what I am typing.
And hell if you only typed in spanish because your english writing sucks, just come over to Ft. Myers and we can go to school together.
I hope you guys understand the point I am trying to make, and dont feel like I am making fun, or being rude towards any of you.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Turo
Take it easy, man. I see what you're saying, but I NEVER speak in spanish to an American (obviously). If I find someone who was born in the same place as I (like chaman), however, then I'll speak to them informally in spanish, almost as if I was back home talking to one of my buddies. It just feels nice to be able to talk in your native language every now and then. That in my opinion has absolutely nothing to do with being ignorant, or showing disrespect.

Now I think what you mean is that it pisses you off when you go to a place like Miami and you go into a restaurant and can't find a single waiter who speaks english. That I can definitely see how it would **** you off, as an english-speaking American.
+1
Old 04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Here ya go... straight from dictionary.com...

joke Audio pronunciation of "joke" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jk)
n.

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal.
1. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
2. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

BTW~ How the hell can I moderate something I cant even understand? LOL

AND... look, nobody offended.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not defensive, just figured if you could point out something I messed up on why not throw it back in your face.
That would work ..had I messed up on something in my post. Unfortunatley, I didn't.

Ahhem..
Old 04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
That would work ..had I messed up on something in my post. Unfortunatley, I didn't.

Ahhem..

Yoor right your perfect.
Sorry for not noticeing that sooner.
Anyways go get yourself some head bolts.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Good try but you did sound disrespectful....the short spanish conversation was trivial to say the least and mostly about women.....in no way any rude argument was intended. I find it very immature that you arrived to the conclusions you did, remember that the vast majority of the current US population came as a product of immigrants from different countries...so called melting pot...

...and to the latinos in the thread...la sangre latina se lleva con orgullo, mantengamosla siempre en alto
Old 04-12-2006, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

This is the dumbest fuggin thread the Florida section has ever seen. That is all.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EviLS1
I talk dat ghetto slang cuz im from da hood

for shizzle....
Old 04-12-2006, 08:09 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I've refrained from contributing to this thread until now. I figured that the voice of an Ivy League educated Cuban American from Miami would do nothing to elaborate upon the topic at hand, which is what again?

Anyhow, blah blah blah go play your bongo, blah blah tend to your pet roosters, blah blah speak English, blah blah go back to your country, your kind is not wanted here. It's the same crap over and over.

How did I cope with it while growing up here in Miami? I didn't have to "cope" with anything. I was surrounded by people just like me, who spoke both English and Spanish, who studied hard, went on to college and have become success stories. The bulk of my fellow "immigrant" friends from childhood have become lawyers, doctors, engineers, architects (count me as one of those), and scientists. So F anyone who thinks they are better than me because of my background. I can do what you do, only better, and in 2 languages.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I've refrained from contributing to this thread until now. I figured that the voice of an Ivy League educated Cuban American from Miami would do nothing to elaborate upon the topic at hand, which is what again?

Anyhow, blah blah blah go play your bongo, blah blah tend to your pet roosters, blah blah speak English, blah blah go back to your country, your kind is not wanted here. It's the same crap over and over.

How did I cope with it while growing up here in Miami? I didn't have to "cope" with anything. I was surrounded by people just like me, who spoke both English and Spanish, who studied hard, went on to college and have become success stories. The bulk of my fellow "immigrant" friends from childhood have become lawyers, doctors, engineers, architects (count me as one of those), and scientists. So F anyone who thinks they are better than me because of my background. I can do what you do, only better, and in 2 languages.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
++100!!
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Banned

So F anyone who thinks they are better than me because of my background.

I couldn't agree more. Noone is better then anyone else.
There will always be people who feel their race is better, or have to call names to different races. these people can kiss my ***.

Honestly I see this the most often in the asian people, especially the women.
They are flat out rude, and walk around HERE like they are better.
I see it all the time.
The men on the other hand are typicially polite, and decent people.
But how can you be stuck on yourself when you only have a 3" shlong.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chaman
Good try but you did sound disrespectful....the short spanish conversation was trivial to say the least and mostly about women.....in no way any rude argument was intended. I find it very immature that you arrived to the conclusions you did, remember that the vast majority of the current US population came as a product of immigrants from different countries...so called melting pot...

...and to the latinos in the thread...la sangre latina se lleva con orgullo, mantengamosla siempre en alto

I am sorry if I wasn't able to explain myself well enough, and came off rude. I apoligize.....

I again dont care where anyone came from. We are all here and we can all get along. America is big enough for 1,000,000 different types of people.
I cant fault anyone for moving here because I know if I were born in some other parts of the world I would want to move here as well.
The only problem I have is with those who run around talking **** about the USA, or those who have a big xxxxxxxxxx flag on their car and if someone asks then about it they are like. **** america, I am a xxxxxxxxxxx forever.

My whole point to this thread was to see how other people felt.
I know we have quite a few who are involved in all this BS, and I just wanted to see how those people felt.
Again I ment no disrespect.
JZ
Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The only problem I have is with those who run around talking **** about the USA, or those who have a big xxxxxxxxxx flag on their car and if someone asks then about it they are like. **** america, I am a xxxxxxxxxxx forever.
JZ
I totally agree
Old 04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by next
This is the dumbest fuggin thread the Florida section has ever seen. That is all.
I've seen way dumber.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

+100 for that too.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Come back with something better to say....

Last edited by Country Boy; 04-13-2006 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Forign conversation