Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

NoBull Nationals Bradenton Sat April 22 4pm

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 10:35 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer88
Dave, one thing I'd like to know is where did that race car come from with wheelie bars and no registered tag for the No bull? I heard people talking about it stating how that is not a street car and I am with them on this.

So what was the deal with that Orange Z28?
Claire,that Camoaro is Ed Nash`s car it is a registered car he just didn`t have tags on it. He put the wheelie bars on last year after he really smashed the front end bad after a wheelie like Paula`s.
Maybe Jeb can post that video he has of last years Dec NoBull of Ed Nash busting his car up, not a pretty sight.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Caveman
Claire,that Camoaro is Ed Nash`s car it is a registered car he just didn`t have tags on it. He put the wheelie bars on last year after he really smashed the front end bad after a wheelie like Paula`s.
Maybe Jeb can post that video he has of last years Dec NoBull of Ed Nash busting his car up, not a pretty sight.
Aah, well that's cool. I guess there is a variable to "street car" than "race car" and that was IMO and alot other peoples a race car.

Maybe they can run 2-3 ET classes of No bull to make the competition alittle more fun for others. I couldn't figure out a dually running 15's to line up with a 9 second ride. Still do the 30 mile trip, come back and cool down, let cars make a qualifying pass and have the closer ET's be drawn to race each other.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:05 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

They had talked about doing 2 classes but the turnout for the first 2 races in Bradenton has not been what it was at OSW so for now its just 1 class at BMP. Those pickup trucks were run by guys who have NoBull cars that are down so they ran just to get points for the season ending payout.
Little Bulls "Real" NoBull at Lakeland Dragstrip runs a DOT class and a prostreet class there was 15 prostreet and 13 DOT cars at the March race, that next race is May13 at Lakeland Dragstrip I think(hopefully more cars next time) , Paula`s car could have won the DOT but Greg drove and he cut a bad light in 2nd round.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

the key to having 2 classes at the 1/4 mile event is attendance so we need more 10/11 sec cars to come out.

I think I'll run my car at the next 1/4 mi event. Have my son this weekend.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ed Nash wheelie clip is posted at video_LS1Tech_com ... not sure if it's working http://video.ls1tech.com/video/F88C0...FDE11C712C.htm

There is a better one posted if you search on Ed Nash > Mine is just a different angle with a closeup zoom of the front end as it hits ... coming back down. I suck at video taping and my camera doesn't have a USB port, so, the quality could be better. At least you will get a classic beer gut view at the end of the clip ... LOL!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it is a fun race, but for most of the cars like we have taking them on the street isn't a big deal especially when you can drive over from 3 hours away and use a half a tank

Well, maybe it will pick up in popularity. As much as I like to race, and go to BMP I'd be up for it to run close races, they ar the most fun afterall.

And a chance to win some coin is also beneficial to me to pay back my gas used to and from.

So maybe we can talk to Wade and see what we can come up with? I personally have nada, zip, zilch for some of the cars there yesterday. So for me to partake would be like a turtle and a rabbit racing.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:07 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Ed Nash wheelie clip is posted at video_LS1Tech_com ... not sure if it's working http://video.ls1tech.com/video/F88C0...FDE11C712C.htm

There is a better one posted if you search on Ed Nash > Mine is just a different angle with a closeup zoom of the front end as it hits ... coming back down. I suck at video taping and my camera doesn't have a USB port, so, the quality could be better. At least you will get a classic beer gut view at the end of the clip ... LOL!
Damn that was an awsome wheelie, that whole race in Dec was great. I stayed until late at night to watch the final when Shanes car wheelied( didn`t hurt car) and then got back in it and then Tony Gonyons car hooked left on the second kit and almost hit Shanes car, that was the best race I`ve ever seen at OSW in 15 years!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

Well it is a fun race, but for most of the cars like we have taking them on the street isn't a big deal especially when you can drive over from 3 hours away and use a half a tank

Well, maybe it will pick up in popularity. As much as I like to race, and go to BMP I'd be up for it to run close races, they ar the most fun afterall.

And a chance to win some coin is also beneficial to me to pay back my gas used to and from.

So maybe we can talk to Wade and see what we can come up with? I personally have nada, zip, zilch for some of the cars there yesterday. So for me to partake would be like a turtle and a rabbit racing.
Yeah I drove the t/a from Davenport (next to Haines City) 1 1/2 hours away with Devon and Brit following to do a bumper wheelie breaking crap. So far damge seen is tail shaft of the tranny and oil pan again. I was very scared. I can not lie... Devon did a nice clean. Congrats Devon.
Nice meeting everyone.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Caveman
Good to see all you guys and gals, had a great time. Sorry to see Paula and Gregs car go up in smoke but I`m sure Greg will have it running again quickly. Nice big wheelies by both Devon and Paula in 2nd round, unfortunately they both lost. Hopefully we can all do this again soon but with better results.
I was glad to see Ed Nash win NoBull finally, he rolled the car on the roof 2 years ago, stood it on the bumper last year and messed it up and has been close so many times. And Devon by the way the Monte Carlo that you lost to traped the same mph as Ed Nash( 8.5sec car) and only lost by a car, so he might not have used both kits against you.
Yeah, I talked to him today and he was sayin he let out when he saw that I had to let out from the wheelie.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
8 second mod

nice to meet everyone. i just got hom 10 min ago, its 46* here, and raining!!!!!

Devone, im guessing your rear will need a little spool action to get it to go straight, your in the zone where no spool is dangerous.

anyway, good times, and the wheel stand was pretty sweet.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D, you don't have a spool yet? damn get on the ball son!

Hope the 2 class idea gets entertained, I'd make an appearance with a slow 10 second ride if it doesn't conflict with a points race here.

Derek
Old 04-24-2006, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Noyzee
nice to meet everyone. i just got hom 10 min ago, its 46* here, and raining!!!!!

Devone, im guessing your rear will need a little spool action to get it to go straight, your in the zone where no spool is dangerous.

anyway, good times, and the wheel stand was pretty sweet.
Yeah, gonna try a few things and if that don't work, i'll throw a spool in there, just kind of sucks, cuz right now the posi is holding, that's what I was worried about, that it wouldn't hold, not that it would steer me different directions. But it was real nice meetin ya dude, wish we could've hung out a bit more, I had called you friday and left a message, don't know if you got it though, I know nextel sucks! Oh and I talked to my dad this mornin, he said the same thing, that it's all yucky and rainy over there! I'm gonna have to come up with the car one day when I go to visit my dad and we'll go racin!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Villain281H
D, you don't have a spool yet? damn get on the ball son!

Hope the 2 class idea gets entertained, I'd make an appearance with a slow 10 second ride if it doesn't conflict with a points race here.

Derek
Nah, still got the eaton posi in there that I originally bought the rear end with 2 - 3 years ago. She's been holdin to the power, so I hate to spend the money to throw a spool in there when I can spend the money on something to go faster, but if I have to, I will, but not sure if that's why i'm goin left sometimes or not.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:24 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Yeah, gonna try a few things and if that don't work, i'll throw a spool in there, just kind of sucks, cuz right now the posi is holding, that's what I was worried about, that it wouldn't hold, not that it would steer me different directions. But it was real nice meetin ya dude, wish we could've hung out a bit more, I had called you friday and left a message, don't know if you got it though, I know nextel sucks! Oh and I talked to my dad this mornin, he said the same thing, that it's all yucky and rainy over there! I'm gonna have to come up with the car one day when I go to visit my dad and we'll go racin!
that spool will fix your issue, and it is safer, and it will probably drop a tenth off your time by the weight savings!!!

anyway, good to meet you to, let me know if your coming up north at all, im here!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Nah, still got the eaton posi in there that I originally bought the rear end with 2 - 3 years ago. She's been holdin to the power, so I hate to spend the money to throw a spool in there when I can spend the money on something to go faster, but if I have to, I will, but not sure if that's why i'm goin left sometimes or not.
I don't have a spool. I have the new detroit locker limited slip.

Greg had just tightened up the front Devon can you imagine if he hadn't. OMG I don't want to even think about that.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:37 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
I don't have a spool. I have the new detroit locker limited slip.

Greg had just tightened up the front Devon can you imagine if he hadn't. OMG I don't want to even think about that.
what was the rear set on? must have been to tight.
spool is the way to go for race, its a huge weight savings, and it realy isnt that bad on the street.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
what was the rear set on? must have been to tight.
spool is the way to go for race, its a huge weight savings, and it realy isnt that bad on the street.
For me embarrasing is the word.
They were at 50/50.. Year old comp egineering..What are you running in the rear?
Old 04-24-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Folks who want 2 classes are completely missing the point of why this was set up in the first place. This was always about being the fastest. Have mufflers, make the cruise, heads up. There have been a few tube chassis cars in the field. The general consensus by the other racers is so what. Just bring it. I personally would be really disappointed to see this get diluted with a slow class and I'll continue to vote strongly against it. There's my .02
Old 04-24-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by next
Folks who want 2 classes are completely missing the point of why this was set up in the first place. This was always about being the fastest. Have mufflers, make the cruise, heads up. There have been a few tube chassis cars in the field. The general consensus by the other racers is so what. Just bring it. I personally would be really disappointed to see this get diluted with a slow class and I'll continue to vote strongly against it. There's my .02
Oh well, some of us all can't be equals with our daily drivers lining up to race cars that can drive on the street
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM
9 Second Club

Oh well, some of us all can't be equals with our daily drivers lining up to race cars that can drive on the street

Yes I agree. Even though our cars run stronge we are no match for what we seen Saturday. But for me it was supose to be for fun. LOL but Devon and i did good. I think anyways. For what we both have in our cars.

Quick Reply: NoBull Nationals Bradenton Sat April 22 4pm