Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Who tunes WELL!!! in central Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Jeremy drive around with a portable dyno or something.....or does he find local shops to dyno tune at?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

local Shops!
Old 05-13-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97blkz
That's stand up and the way it should be done!
Also...I should point out that I already paid for the tune!! It was only tuned for like 10 min. So....no extra charge.......it is not really free!!! I already put the cash up back in 2003!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

id also recommend Mike @ NLP,my cars only gone to him as well.And to the starter of the thread if Norris wasnt able to give you more than 10 minutes on the dyno then there were surrounding circumstances,ie like your driveshaft broke as stated.Hes always taken his time on the dyno with me and never tried to overcharge me or rush things....hell after a problem with a local head porter the second time i dyno'd with the heads and different bolt ons he didnt even charge me because i lost overall power under the area.Mikes definitely a good guy and always willing to make things right.Nick
Old 05-16-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddnspider
id also recommend Mike @ NLP,my cars only gone to him as well.And to the starter of the thread if Norris wasnt able to give you more than 10 minutes on the dyno then there were surrounding circumstances,ie like your driveshaft broke as stated.Hes always taken his time on the dyno with me and never tried to overcharge me or rush things....hell after a problem with a local head porter the second time i dyno'd with the heads and different bolt ons he didnt even charge me because i lost overall power under the area.Mikes definitely a good guy and always willing to make things right.Nick
Thanks for the insight! Just cuz a driveshaft breaks on a dyno...doesn't mean that there should be no invite to retune. A different shaft was put in the car the next day....and I received the call to come pick it up. NO OFFENSE at all.....but you really dont know the whole story. But that is neither here nor there. Maybe Mike and I can work it out....I will have to think! Right now I am too busy to tackle the situation.

But when the time comes, there is a good chance that I will go back to Mike. Not because he is performing good customer service by offering a "free tune"....but because I already paid for the original one that I never really got!!! I and the car deserve some serious time on the dyno getting a good tune that I paid for in 2003. I do appreciate the offer from Mike.....I really do!!! But it is not going that far out of the way considering I am owed it anyhow.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by mike#9
Thanks for the insight! Just cuz a driveshaft breaks on a dyno...doesn't mean that there should be no invite to retune. A different shaft was put in the car the next day....and I received the call to come pick it up. NO OFFENSE at all.....but you really dont know the whole story. But that is neither here nor there. Maybe Mike and I can work it out....I will have to think! Right now I am too busy to tackle the situation.

But when the time comes, there is a good chance that I will go back to Mike. Not because he is performing good customer service by offering a "free tune"....but because I already paid for the original one that I never really got!!! I and the car deserve some serious time on the dyno getting a good tune that I paid for in 2003. I do appreciate the offer from Mike.....I really do!!! But it is not going that far out of the way considering I am owed it anyhow.
if we really dont know the whole story maybe you'd light to enlighten us.And about you and Mike working it out,it seems that hes already offered to work it out,its all on you now.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Jeremy hands down. We are setting up a tune session down south if youd like to come down.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jeremy is the man!
Noone has ever treated me as well, or spent as much time helping me get things right.
He's tuned my car since I very first started tinkering with it, and will probably be the only one besides myself to do anything in the PCM.
Jeremy even stopped at my house in Pt.Charlotte one night on his way home from Ft.Myers. He did up my base tune for the new motor, explaining everything he was changing and why. Top notch customer service, extremely knowledgible, and just a cool guy to meet.
Give him a call for sure if you decide against going back to NLP.
I cant comment about NLP, as Ive never dealt with them. But I have seen cars theyve worked on and they seem to run really well.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I'd also suggest Jeremy. He does great work and takes the time to discuss everything with you.

Derek

Old 05-16-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ddnspider
if we really dont know the whole story maybe you'd light to enlighten us.And about you and Mike working it out,it seems that hes already offered to work it out,its all on you now.
When I figure out everything...then maybe I will let you guys know. Many people here in town know....and they suggest that I post it...but not really worried about that right now!!

Again....I think you are missing the point. He has offered to do nothing that he should not have done in the first place.....3 years ago!!

You make it sound like it was my fault, and I have done something wrong....or as if I am holding up the process. I am the one who was out the $500 for the tune... He is doing exactly what he should be doing...just a few years late!! Like I said before, I appreciate the offer from him ....but he really is not going out of his way at all.

I will probably end up going to Mike, and I will see how it goes. Right now though, I am too busy to get the car in. If I am happy the way it turns out, then great. I am getting a lot of mixed signals from NLP's tuning on and off the board....but whatever! If my car runs well after his tuning...then I will not have to go see Jeremy, but if I dont think it is maximized or quality work...then I will probably contact Jeremy.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

+1 for Jeremy Formato...you will NOT be dissapointed. He even did a follow up call a week later to ask how everything was with the car.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

When I figure out everything...then maybe I will let you guys know. Many people here in town know....and they suggest that I post it...but not really worried about that right now!!

Again....I think you are missing the point. He has offered to do nothing that he should not have done in the first place.....3 years ago!!

You make it sound like it was my fault, and I have done something wrong....or as if I am holding up the process. I am the one who was out the $500 for the tune... He is doing exactly what he should be doing...just a few years late!! Like I said before, I appreciate the offer from him ....but he really is not going out of his way at all.

I will probably end up going to Mike, and I will see how it goes. Right now though, I am too busy to get the car in. If I am happy the way it turns out, then great. I am getting a lot of mixed signals from NLP's tuning on and off the board....but whatever! If my car runs well after his tuning...then I will not have to go see Jeremy, but if I dont think it is maximized or quality work...then I will probably contact Jeremy.
actually i do understand your point,as ive had conflicts with a company or 2 before....but i think that if said company,in your eyes,made a mistake or owes you something then first off you should have said something 3 years ago when it first happened instead of years later....and if said company is willing to "make it right" then i think you need to make a decision in a timely manner instead of trying to decide and use the company as your backup plan in case you choose not to go with someone else.Do you honestly think you not making up your mind is having the company sweating?the company offers to help you out or as you say "give you what they owe you" so either take their offer or dont.Part of building up a car and having it tuned is feedback...ie if you had a problem it was your responsibility to give them feedback about it and tell them.end of story...unless you decide to post the whole story....you cant just come on here badmouthing a company and only give tidbits...thats not fair to the other party
Old 05-17-2006, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike is my guy... Ever since I got my car two years ago with it bone stock to the paper filter, to now with over $10,000 invested into it NLP has been great to me. They've done things as little as a transmission mount to as big as a motor swap for me, never had a single problem and always been treated great. I can't say much about Jeremy but from word of mouth, both are great guys. Mike tuned my 346 cubic inch motor with 9.5:1 compression and small cam to 380 rwhp and 390# if I remember right and I still get 300miles to the tank. He's tuned my car 3 or 4 times and I've been very happy with what he's done, every single time. My cars going in to get the heads milled and then I'll brag some more about the numbers he gets out of my car.

As far as saying he is not going out of his way at all is in my opinion a load of crap, brother. From what i've seen he stays late every single day tuning cars to get the best out of them he can. Im sure you know how busy the shop is and for him to take time out of his busy days to tune your car for free is definitly going out of his way. I don't know your situation or what happened three years ago but I do there are guys out there that would say too bad for you and that would be the end of it. "He is doing exactly what he should be doing" because he's that kind of guy, and you shouldn't take that for granted, as I said some people would charge you for a retune or just plain out not give a ****.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

When I had my car tuned at NLP he tuned it until all the kinks were smoothed out and even offered for me to come back again after I changed a few pullies. Mike is an awesome tuner and a great guy to do business with! It has been almost 3 years and my tune has not changed. My car still runs great and keeps getting faster too! That might have to do with my driving though...
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are totally missing the point still!!!! And nobody is badmouthing anyone. I had no issue with the shop as far as quality...Gary did a great job on the heads....and the rest of the stuff he put on!! Point is that, I did go back....and did not get offered to be retuned!!!!! I dropped off a driveshaft and a TA that was put into the car to get the thing running...and nobody there said anything about hey...lets get the car retuned.

And as far as stringing them along as the backup plan.....that is not happening either. I just dont have the time to have anyone tune the car!! Nothing against his offer...which I have already stated that I think it is stand up....I just cant get the car in anywhere because of my scheduling.

And the reason I did not post the whole story is because it was between me and the shop....I am not trying to hurt business at all. Many people here locally said I should post everything....cuz they thought it was horseshit....but I still am not going to do it. The only reason I went this far into detail is because a few die hard NLP customers came running to save Mike when there was absolutely no need to. Nobody was going after him.

The handfull of NLP fans that I have talked to...cuz I have not encountered a whole bunch.......you guys think that he is unable to have any slip ups...and it something questionable happens...then it has to be the customers fault cuz no way could it be his!!

MIKE HAS DONE RIGHT BY ME SO FAR IN RESOLVING THE SITUATION!! NLP fans....you can stop running to his rescue now!!
Old 05-17-2006, 09:03 AM
10 Second Club

You guys are totally missing the point still!!!! And nobody is badmouthing anyone. I had no issue with the shop as far as quality...Gary did a great job on the heads....and the rest of the stuff he put on!! Point is that, I did go back....and did not get offered to be retuned!!!!! I dropped off a driveshaft and a TA that was put into the car to get the thing running...and nobody there said anything about hey...lets get the car retuned.

And as far as stringing them along as the backup plan.....that is not happening either. I just dont have the time to have anyone tune the car!! Nothing against his offer...which I have already stated that I think it is stand up....I just cant get the car in anywhere because of my scheduling.

And the reason I did not post the whole story is because it was between me and the shop....I am not trying to hurt business at all. Many people here locally said I should post everything....cuz they thought it was horseshit....but I still am not going to do it. The only reason I went this far into detail is because a few die hard NLP customers came running to save Mike when there was absolutely no need to. Nobody was going after him.

The handfull of NLP fans that I have talked to...cuz I have not encountered a whole bunch.......you guys think that he is unable to have any slip ups...and it something questionable happens...then it has to be the customers fault cuz no way could it be his!!

MIKE HAS DONE RIGHT BY ME SO FAR IN RESOLVING THE SITUATION!! NLP fans....you can stop running to his rescue now!!
Sorry to get under your skin a bit, but I read a few posts on the first page and it seemed that you were looking to get another tuner because your car broke a ds on his dyno. I was just stating that if it were me I would take it too him because he does good work that is all. I am sure there are better tuners around but as in every business there are some people who know what they are doing and some who bullshit you about knowing what they are doing. Lets just say that everything he did to my car he explained what/why/how for me and never tried bs'ing me. Good luck with your car dude.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Packy
Sorry to get under your skin a bit, but I read a few posts on the first page and it seemed that you were looking to get another tuner because your car broke a ds on his dyno. I was just stating that if it were me I would take it too him because he does good work that is all. I am sure there are better tuners around but as in every business there are some people who know what they are doing and some who bullshit you about knowing what they are doing. Lets just say that everything he did to my car he explained what/why/how for me and never tried bs'ing me. Good luck with your car dude.
Thanks bro!! I appreciate it.....you are not getting under my skin. I was looking for a tuner because I wrote off NLP/Norris Motorsports (at the time) because I was not offered the opportunity to get the tune that I paid for and never recieved. I did not start the thread to talk about NLP....and just wanted to find someone to tune it cuz I figured I had to pay for someone else. I did not want to get another tuner cuz the car broke a driveshaft...I wanted another tuner because the first guy that I paid did not tune the car!

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the feedback......and hope that I did not stir up ****......me and the car deserve a good tune, and come hell or high water I am going to get one whether Mike finishes the job or I have to go somewhere else. I put a lot of time and effort into planning out the steps and parts for the car...I did not cut any corners and I just want the car to run the way it should and most definitely can run!!!!

Thanks again!!

Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not exactly running to his rescue, it's just when a guy does it right we don't want others thinking he doesn't. Glad this didn't get into a pissing match.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've spent over $25K with Mike and he's done me right. Mike's a good man and he has made things right when I put up a dispute about a couple things. He's always gotten good numbers out of my tune ... and he's re-tuning mine next Wednesday since everything is broken in now. Afterwards, I'll be at Orlando Speed World taking her for my first run on the new setup.

I'll post up some numbers next week to show how good he tunes my car ... you hearing me Mike???? ... j/k ... LOL!

I would reccommend NLP for your tuning needs. Tim Sloper at Macebo is good, as well, if he's still there. Anyone know? Both will work with you if you feel their work isn't 'on the mark'. At least, that's been my experience.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 05-18-2006 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Misspelling/Add text
Old 06-02-2006, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Tim Sloper is still tuning GM cars @ Macedo.

Quick Reply: Who tunes WELL!!! in central Florida?