Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

All South Florida peeps, u'll get a kick out of this.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Sweet , maybe I'll actually meet you one day!
Well I come up at least once a month, i'll be up there next weekend the 22nd and 23rd, come on out. Thinkin i'm gonna head out with Havoc and the guys after racin sat night to hang out, so if ur not at the track but out that night wherever they go i'll probably see ya there.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good deal , I gotta dial in the car for the n2s event anyway!
Old 07-16-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Good deal , I gotta dial in the car for the n2s event anyway!
Cool man, i'll see ya there.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Yes moroso is a ****** joke. I hate the people working there almost as much as you guys. They try to kick me out every chance they get. Every time I go there they know my cars are always fast and crawl all over it lookin for anything to bust me on. That track for me has never hooked. By the way the message starts ok but then the sound goes out for me. Oh well Im sure its typical moroso bullshit. Ive been cursed at many times and they think the are the king **** there. They think that they can say anything to you without you having anything to do about it. So I say **** moroso.
Yes I was there when the car hit the wall .It was at the end of the track when I was getting my ticket right next to me. Supposedly the car blew the engine and oil went on the tires which made him spin out. I know the other guy that went on the roof and he said while he was in the air from a slight wheel stand one tire broke loose and sent him toward the wall. He hit the wall and bounced off and rolled on the roof. The car is now trash of course.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Can't wait to order a rear end and install my MS3 and nitrous. I have only heard great things about BMP, can't wait to head out there once everything is in.
-Joel
Old 07-16-2006, 03:37 PM
7 Second Club

Gainesville is a great track compared to Orlando and Moroso, IMHO. I think Bradenton is a little better as of this moment, but yesterday we were not hooking at all, but track temps were 130+ degrees!

Nice job Devon! Sorry to hear Moroso is that bad, and I'd think Gary C. would handle this better being a former bracket racer, but I know my dad tells me he enjoys running Bradenton and Gainesville more now a days.

Derek
Old 07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was at moroso last night and witnesed a very pretty Duster lose it at 1/8mile bounce of the right wall come back across hit the left wall then flip. It was takin away by the tractor with the dump scoop on it. Car looked totaled to me.
Old 07-16-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Villain281H
I know my dad tells me he enjoys running Bradenton and Gainesville more now a days.

Derek
Imagine that, your Dad lives down the street from Moroso probably 8 miles away and he won't even go there.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:38 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by racer88
Imagine that, your Dad lives down the street from Moroso probably 8 miles away and he won't even go there.
Claire,

He still runs points there, but has more fun racing the other 2 tracks in Florida. He's done better at Gainesville than Moroso this year....
Old 07-16-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blackbird00
i was at moroso last night and witnesed a very pretty Duster lose it at 1/8mile bounce of the right wall come back across hit the left wall then flip. It was takin away by the tractor with the dump scoop on it. Car looked totaled to me.
It wasn't a Purple Duster was it?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

how far north is brandenton from moroso? itd like to check it out one day
Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Claire,

He still runs points there, but has more fun racing the other 2 tracks in Florida. He's done better at Gainesville than Moroso this year....
I know he does, but I am sure he has his reservations about MMP.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
how far north is brandenton from moroso? itd like to check it out one day
Roughly 2.5-3 hours from Moroso.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope is was a Orange one
Old 07-16-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

I quit going to Moro-slow for the same reason. Their track prep sucks ***.
I have had great experience with the people there, unlike others reported.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Yeah MOROSO sucks *** Ever since they put those concrete retaining walls up there is NO room for driver error or for you to correct without hitting the wall. Yes there are rednecks running the place and the track is always slippery and you are lucky to get traction and make a clean pass. MOROSO has really gone to the dogs in the past few years... BTW: Love the Moroso sucks on the back windows in shoe polish

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Ok, so here's the situation, as we all know, Moroso lacks big time when it comes to prep and usually doesn't hook worth a ****! So me and a bunch of my buddies were always voicing our concerns to the
track manager and it was all just ignored and fell on a deaf ear and they all told us it was our cars, to fix them. So then some of the guys sent emails to Sue Moroso about it and nothing happened, she just replied with a short message with the jist being she'd talk to her guys. So we decided to stop going to Moroso all together and started to takin the trips to BMP and Immokalee and viala, no problems hooking! So one day, 3 of my buddies were up at BMP (I was working, so I was just goin the next day to spectate) and I got a call from them at work and they were tellin me that they were havin an awesome time and they wrote Moroso Sucks on their back windows and everyone thought it was funny and was agreeing and all the super pro guys that used to go to Moroso were up there and started comin over and talkin to 'em and agreeing and sayin that's the reason they were there too! So then the next day I head up to the track to spectate and it was funny cuz the announcer kept thankin us for bein there and said he noticed a lot of the guys from the south were up there and heard the track down there has problems hookin and so on and thanked us for comin up and we're welcome anytime and so on. So it got out to the track manager at Moroso that first day that they had that on there back windows while they were racing there and he called the track manager of BMP told him that none of us are welcome back there and the track manager of bmp basically told him good, we'll keep 'em. So anyways, about a month later I was up at BMP with the car and one of the guys in the lanes asked me to write it on my window, so I said yeah, no problem. Then a few weeks after that, me and one of my buddies who doesn't make it out to BMP wanted to get a few runs so I agreed i'd meet him at Moroso even though I really don't like the track. So I get there and the track manager is waiting for me at the ticket booth and he won't let me in and an argument ensues and then the rent a cop threatens to arrest me if I don't leave, so I do. So my buddy Dave sends Sue another letter about what happened and asking her for an official letter telling us we can't race at the track. And then the track manager goes and calls his cell phone that night or the next night, can't remember and leaves this message: http://www.freewebs.com/loudmouthls1/gary2.wav

We contacted Sue Moroso about this with a copy of it and still nothing has been done, so I felt the need to post this up to show you what a bunch of ******** they got over there running that place and how unprofessional they are!!! Very bad way to run a business!!! And the funny thing is, it wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't true, they know the track is garbage, so that's why it hurts their ego so bad!!!!

Anyways rant over, hope you guys get as much of a kick out of this as I did when I first heard it!!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blackbird00
Nope is was a Orange one
okey doke
Old 07-16-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think after this thread runs it's course we need to shoot the link to Laura South and Sue Moroso.

I doubt Gary knows how to read, thats why there ain't VHT on the track he can't read what it is on the drum. "Uhm, duh "Hey A**hole, what does VHT mean?"
Old 07-16-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by racer88
I think after this thread runs it's course we need to shoot the link to Laura South and Sue Moroso.

I doubt Gary knows how to read, thats why there ain't VHT on the track he can't read what it is on the drum. "Uhm, duh "Hey A**hole, what does VHT mean?"
Who is Laura South?
Old 07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Who is Laura South?
The one that does all the promotional **** down to track rentals.

Quick Reply: All South Florida peeps, u'll get a kick out of this.....