Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Is a License plate cover illegal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well theres several things that could contribute to him going to jail, ive personally never heard of anyone being taken to jail for failure to provide a dl....if it can be confirmed the person has one....now if it cant be, he can easily be taken downtown....something else, is that up here in NE fl most of the agencies, use a 3 violation rule....that if you have three or more violations during a 1050, you can be arrested. ive never taken anyone on that stuff though
Old 08-07-2006, 01:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's play pretend here...

Now, at the time John Doe is pulled over, the only infractions are: 1. No Driver's license on his person 2. License plate cover on his license plate.

The license is verified next as valid and clean.

Afterward, can this person be arrested?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:21 AM
Restricted User

curious to know if the tag was clearly visable. i used to have a smoked cover on my truck and it would fog up every time i washed the thing. plus it was hard to read the tag while the cover was still wet.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmm depending on policy, probably not....does the person have insurance? and if the encounter went bad...as in a attitude problem it wouldnt be hard to find that 3rd violation.....a smoke cover can get you pulled also....the crap that the dealers put on can to...
Old 08-08-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by staringback05
hmm depending on policy, probably not....does the person have insurance? and if the encounter went bad...as in a attitude problem it wouldnt be hard to find that 3rd violation.....a smoke cover can get you pulled also....the crap that the dealers put on can to...
Wow... I'm about ready to give up dude... JEEZ, I clearly posted:

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Now, at the time John Doe is pulled over, the only infractions are: 1. No Driver's license on his person 2. License plate cover on his license plate.
So of course our "person" has insurance and NO there is NO third violation to find... AND an attitude IS NOT grounds for arrest as far as I know or else some cops that have pulled me over in the past would've had to arrest themselves!!! Let's be fair, here, bs and loose cannon bad apple cops aside... We're talking about a hypothetical and let's assume the officer is DOING THE JOB RIGHT.

SOOOOooo... Is there grounds for an arrest here or not?
Old 08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
curious to know if the tag was clearly visable. i used to have a smoked cover on my truck and it would fog up every time i washed the thing. plus it was hard to read the tag while the cover was still wet.

Tag was just as visible as without a cover, lightly smoked.

BTW car did have proof of insurance and registration.

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Let's play pretend here...

The license is verified next as valid and clean.

Afterward, can this person be arrested?
Very interested in a response to this.

Kevin D
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

depending department policy....because alot of departments are crazy....no....ive never seen someone being arrested for it....so no to ur question...thered have to be something else

Quick Reply: Is a License plate cover illegal?