Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

our judiciary system blows the big one.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ and what area were you thinkin about going into?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW.that sounds like he was on the rag. but just remember if a cop issues you a citation is does not mean you are guilty. a citation is just the cops opinion through his eyes. that is why you should fight it in court, i think you have a really good shot of winning. most people just pay traffic citations because they feel its a hassle to go to court. and some feel just because they recieved a citation that there is no way they can win in court over the police even if it was an unjust citation. i was just wondering was this cop young (a rookie)? because some of them seem to be the biggest jerks and even more so if you have a nice ride. Good Luck!
Old 10-03-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
i was just wondering was this cop young (a rookie)? because some of them seem to be the biggest jerks and even more so if you have a nice ride. Good Luck!
I would say he was in his high 30's low 40's. He actually mentioned something alone the lines that he had a 02 WS6 that his wife made him get rid of. Like I said before its not about the money its about the principal of it all. The cop was a jerk and has no proof. It sucks because the judge will most likely take his word over mine. I have 5 possible witnesses in 3 different vehicles if needed but they are all my family or friends. We were all in line driving across town to my new home moving stuff. I was thinking of gettin one of these traffic lawyers that I keep getting letters from in the mail but they all seem pretty cheesy. I have gotten things from about 7 different lawyers so far and everyone says "we gaurentee you will win" "you will not have to show to court" and "we will beat anyone elses price". That really makes them seem to good to be true. The pathetic thing is that I only drive the car like a couple times a month if that and usually drive like an old lady and obey all the traffic laws. It has been a long time since I was pulled over so I do kind of feel like I was "due" to get pulled over.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Blubrd
I would say he was in his high 30's low 40's. He actually mentioned something alone the lines that he had a 02 WS6 that his wife made him get rid of. Like I said before its not about the money its about the principal of it all. The cop was a jerk and has no proof. It sucks because the judge will most likely take his word over mine. I have 5 possible witnesses in 3 different vehicles if needed but they are all my family or friends. We were all in line driving across town to my new home moving stuff. I was thinking of gettin one of these traffic lawyers that I keep getting letters from in the mail but they all seem pretty cheesy. I have gotten things from about 7 different lawyers so far and everyone says "we gaurentee you will win" "you will not have to show to court" and "we will beat anyone elses price". That really makes them seem to good to be true. The pathetic thing is that I only drive the car like a couple times a month if that and usually drive like an old lady and obey all the traffic laws. It has been a long time since I was pulled over so I do kind of feel like I was "due" to get pulled over.
i know a few truck drivers that use those traffic lawyers they say that they work. it helps them keep their class A license clean. maybe you should go that route.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

if the pig shows up to court your screwed. i would just pay the 60 bucks for a traffic lawyer and all will end well. Just take your anger out on the next pig you see parked in front of a residential house. lol. Some are cool most are just fat slobs who have nothing better to do but lie about your speed and complain that your exhaust is to loud because they vaginas for ears. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outlaw LS1
if the pig shows up to court your screwed. i would just pay the 60 bucks for a traffic lawyer and all will end well. Just take your anger out on the next pig you see parked in front of a residential house. lol. Some are cool most are just fat slobs who have nothing better to do but lie about your speed and complain that your exhaust is to loud because they vaginas for ears. Good luck.
LMAO!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

You might want to check out the law before you contest this ticket and look foolish in court. If he wrote you for "Unlawful Speed-Pace In Inside Lane Passing" then he did not actually charge you with any spific speed, therefore your admission alone put you at an unlawful speed (50 in a 45). And if you passed them on the right side (slow lane) that is also illegal. Just a little something for you to think about before your big day.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You will at least be charged with speeding @ 50mph since you admitted it.
Traffic lawyers work pretty much as good as they claim.

Dress nicely for court and be courteous. Talk to the prosecutor about deferring the charges pending completion of a safe driving course and maintaining a clean record for 6 months. This has worked for me at least 3 times.

Don't be mad at the cop; pity him and your improved mindset will get you further.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marthastewart
You might want to check out the law before you contest this ticket and look foolish in court. If he wrote you for "Unlawful Speed-Pace In Inside Lane Passing" then he did not actually charge you with any spific speed, therefore your admission alone put you at an unlawful speed (50 in a 45). And if you passed them on the right side (slow lane) that is also illegal. Just a little something for you to think about before your big day.
I didnt pass anyone in the right lane. When he was talking to me he said that he paced me and he was in the right lane. I was in the left lane the whole time, well until I had to pull over. I would gladly take the ticket for 50 in a 45.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt pass anyone in the right lane. When he was talking to me he said that he paced me and he was in the right lane. I was in the left lane the whole time, well until I had to pull over. I would gladly take the ticket for 50 in a 45.
I once saw someone pull over on the left side of the highway for a ticket.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

Remember that the cop has to show up in court. IF he doesnt that helps ur case by far.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1fastTransAm
Remember that the cop has to show up in court. IF he doesnt that helps ur case by far.
I am pretty sure if he doesnt show up it is thrown out because there is no other witness, but they get supena'd(I cant spell) So I am pretty sure he'll show. I am really pissed about this and gone back tracked the events that happened on a map to see the actual distance traveled and asked the other people that were going with me (in 2 other vehhicles) how they remembered it. I also have a friend that is a cop they said it should get thrown out. There is no way he could "Pace" me from 100-200+ Yards behind me. Well we will C what happens as I have the court date set up.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am pretty sure if he doesnt show up it is thrown out because there is no other witness, but they get supena'd(I cant spell) So I am pretty sure he'll show. I am really pissed about this and gone back tracked the events that happened on a map to see the actual distance traveled and asked the other people that were going with me (in 2 other vehhicles) how they remembered it. I also have a friend that is a cop they said it should get thrown out. There is no way he could "Pace" me from 100-200+ Yards behind me. Well we will C what happens as I have the court date set up.
Its easy to pace a car when you are in a different lane. If he was in fact 100-200 yards behind you they by all means you are being shafted. Take it to court and get the not guilty!
Old 10-15-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I completely agree its easy to pace a car if you are within a reasonable distance. But he wasnt anywhere near within a reasonable distance.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
Is there a radar unit number on the citation or did he write in pace clocked?
Maybe he said pace clocked but tagged you on a radar.
In any case he will most likely testify that in his professional training and experience that he visually estimated your speed at...blah blah blah
Hard to fight that one, specially if he has a good rapport with the court.

I would do what mustang5.0 said.

:hi jack:That's easy to beat. Take a tennis ball, ask the judge to do a demonstration. Ask the cop to tell you how fast you throw the ball. Worked for me when I lived in PA. :/hi jack:

That does suck though, what a dork. That's a very lame excuse to "pace". I would take your family into court and ask what vehicals the cop passed to "pace" you and then have them testify that the cop passed them at a very fast pace(well above the speed limit) to 'CATCH' you.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. the cops going to show up, if not hes gonna get his *** chewed and hes not doing his job
2. pacing is a rarely used method, but its actually very easy to do...and doesnt actually require "verticals"...its a simple math system with any set point...100 yards away isnt that far
3. i know its shitty, but your honestly going to pay more to hire a lawyer and court cost then just paying the ticket, and unless you have photos and a lawyer etc etc...your not going to overturn what the cop has brought.....just talking out of exp.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

He probably caught his wife screwing the pool man, and went for a drive. You just got him on a bad day, but i say fight it.
-Joel
Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Well there is your problem right there he's is just pissed that you still have a really bitchin car and his **** wife made him sell his.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So whatever happened to you? Did the cop show?

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket I was paced wtf