Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

LS1s in south florida?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Hey all, props to BottleFed03GT. This guy's come on the board, looking for a fair race (and some respect from the LS1 community) and all he's got lined up is a possible run with a wagon. C'mon you guys, give this guy a race. At the very least, welcome him to the board here.

everyones been pretty cool...so far got the wagon...slowvette and z28pat to run...should be fun
Old 10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Hey all, props to BottleFed03GT. This guy's come on the board, looking for a fair race (and some respect from the LS1 community) and all he's got lined up is a possible run with a wagon. C'mon you guys, give this guy a race. At the very least, welcome him to the board here.
I am just busting ***** like we would do to anyone else that came around and started asking for races. I just wish that I was Florida right now that is all. The soonest I will be there is going to be Thanksgiving otherwise I'd go run him.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Staging Lane

thanksgiving works...i'm not going anywhere...weather will be nicer then too
Old 10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2001z
I think someone is trying to BS some people on this Board. I bet he spent his life savings in that bad boy to beat an ls1 J/k man i have a good friend that is my neighbor that owns a 99 GT with 4.10 gears and 150 shot and all minor boltons and i easily walk him on spray with my old 10bolt (3.42) pretty much stock besides catback on 100 shot . He doesnt stand a chance now with my other mods and new rear. That is why not alot of us respect the 2v so much becosue it takes alot of work to make the 2v respond to mods.

I dont care what he spent. A cam only LS1 will school that car (off the bottle). Lets put it in another light. Another member on this board a while back had: Heads, VT cams, VT 5.0 stroker crank, FULL boltons and a SHITLOAD! of little things, basically $10K in that motor. He layed down 350ish rwhp after a LOT! of tuning work. This is all motor, had he had a 100 shot, 450-475 maybe? A cam+ bolton LS1 should whack out 400 to the tires, add a 100shot to that and what happens? I love the mustangs, I own a mustang, I have a lot of friends who own mustangs, but the 2V motor is just not gonna cut it without a power adder. If you have forged internals, why are you only on a 100 shot? I am not trying to be mean or an *******. I am just saying that every ***** to the wall 4.6L I have seen (one on another forum had stage III heads, cams, ect.ect. but was still 281ci, he made 324whp@7000+ rpm IIRC.) have all been weak compared to even the worst cam only LS1 numbers I have seen. Unless you have something hidded up your sleeve, or a 408 shoehorned under there, its not gonna happen unless you pick on stock/exhaust only LS1's PFFFT! I just gave up, I am going LS1 after christmas and these guys will tell you how much everloving **** I talked. I have been a member for several years and have yet to see an NA 4.6 2V take a cammed LS1. (unless it was driver error).
Old 10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned

Let me temper the last post in this light. I am not trying to diss you or your car or your goals, but I came to the LS1 world waving a big stick too. It broke lol. Just trying to say that its tough. If you beat the guys that are running you, +1 and post it up!!! This is a great site and we respect anything tasteful. I did not mean any disrespect at all, only personal experiences (failures, lol) that you might be interested in.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

hey i'm just looking for a race...not looking to bench race...looking for some ls1s that want to go to the track and prove it...maybe i win maybe i lose....only one way to find out...dyno numbers only mean so much...i prefer time slips...

and i said was starting with a 150 shot and going up from there...

Last edited by BottleFed03GT; 10-09-2006 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
pmed u back man, btw im going to pm v-seriestech to see if he wants to run to.
Yo slow, i'm here.

I think you'll do just fine on your own bro.... I have no want to race this mustang.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BottleFed03GT
hey i'm just looking for a race...not looking to bench race...looking for some ls1s that want to go to the track and prove it...maybe i win maybe i lose....only one way to find out...dyno numbers only mean so much...i prefer time slips...

and i said was starting with a 150 shot and going up from there...
Here's mine from a couple years ago. Heads, cam, drag radials, my crappy *** driving back then (before I really learned how to beat on a tranny properly) on a daily driven setup (about 425rwhp at the time):

Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Yo slow, i'm here.

I think you'll do just fine on your own bro.... I have no want to race this mustang.
Can't believe I just found this thread.
BottleFed I assume is looking for a dig race, where as we all know, HP does not rule. However, HP/weight is a valuable factor here, as well as traction and driver skill. I may have missed it, but is this car a stick or auto?
Either way, you want NOTHING to do with any LSX motor on spray.Feel free to ask V-series about the time we whooped the **** out of a Vortech 'charged 02 GT from a dig in my 297rwhp STOCK, automatic Z28. It was not pretty. Those cars make NO torque. On the spray, my car made 560rwtq, thats a solid kick in the ***. I've seen built 4.6 motors(4valves no less) make way less torque on spray than my stock LS1.
Take no disrespect in V-series having no desire to race you, as he's busy smashing the ego's of various assorted exotic cars' owners. It would not even be a race with him on motor, from what I can see.
Well, now that I've run my mouth, find my Pewter, 99, black top, no t-top, SS wheel with no center-cap havin' *** on the streets of South Florida and BRING IT!!!!
Track costs too much just too whip some mustang, lol. I already know what my car runs.
OOOoooohhh! I just saw you're in Pines! LOL, tomorrow motor to motor, you say when and where, I got to work till about 6pm. I'll get V-series to come video it for the world to see!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Now I'm all excited damnit. I was just thinking though, wasn't this whole subject just covered, in great head- to -head detail, in the last issue of MUSCLE MUSTANGS & FAST FORDS? Hope I'm not the only one who reads this mag, as it's as good as they get.They tested a BONE STOCK C6 against a ROUSH modified, supercharged this, bolt-on that, all new suspension havin, brand spankin new stage 3 Mustang.
Needness to say, the LS2 Vette out-lapped the corner carvin Stang by a full second on the road course. FWIW, the guy driving was on his first ever drive of a C6.
Of course, at the dragstrip is where the LS2 got to shine, outrunning the pony by 2-3 tenths and 3-4 mph! Yes, this was in a Mustang magazine. Do we even have to discuss how this would have gone if that vette had just a low-boost Maggie on it, not to mention all the other supporting mods the stang had?
Okay, now i can go to bed....
Old 10-10-2006, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

damn it, i need to get my **** installed already...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Please everyone post the results and/or videos!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99sprayjunkie
Can't believe I just found this thread.
BottleFed I assume is looking for a dig race, where as we all know, HP does not rule. However, HP/weight is a valuable factor here, as well as traction and driver skill. I may have missed it, but is this car a stick or auto?
Either way, you want NOTHING to do with any LSX motor on spray.Feel free to ask V-series about the time we whooped the **** out of a Vortech 'charged 02 GT from a dig in my 297rwhp STOCK, automatic Z28. It was not pretty. Those cars make NO torque. On the spray, my car made 560rwtq, thats a solid kick in the ***. I've seen built 4.6 motors(4valves no less) make way less torque on spray than my stock LS1.
Take no disrespect in V-series having no desire to race you, as he's busy smashing the ego's of various assorted exotic cars' owners. It would not even be a race with him on motor, from what I can see.
Well, now that I've run my mouth, find my Pewter, 99, black top, no t-top, SS wheel with no center-cap havin' *** on the streets of South Florida and BRING IT!!!!
Track costs too much just too whip some mustang, lol. I already know what my car runs.
OOOoooohhh! I just saw you're in Pines! LOL, tomorrow motor to motor, you say when and where, I got to work till about 6pm. I'll get V-series to come video it for the world to see!

has to be done at the track... again not risking my job over a race...just not gonna happen...and if you read the whole post hopefully getting the car tuned tomorrow...we can go from there

Last edited by BottleFed03GT; 10-10-2006 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

If you ever go to bradenton post up as I know there would be a lot of ls1's there you could run.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Hey is this Jeff? I work with Ed Feaster i think you know him. Id be more than happy to try it out with your mustang. Heres a video of my LS1(cam only on a DR) vs a 04 GT (tubular k member, suspension, bolt ons, nitrous, and a slick). I just pulled the motor apart to change the cam....Ed is gonna help me get it back together then ill be happy to try it out. I was watching videos of your car here at work...seems like its quick. Should be a good run me on motor you on nitrous.

http://miamistreetracing.com/nory/vi...stangtuner.wmv
Old 10-10-2006, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

BTW will you be driving your car cause Ed's here telling me he wants to hand me my *** with your car lol. Dont let him drive!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i'll drive the car for you...although i'm sure eddie would probably get it a few .10s quicker...

you guys got the dyno over there yet???

getting the car tuned tonight but doesnt look like i'm gonna run the nitrous for a few more weeks...
Old 10-10-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

stock gt's are slow period.......my friend has a completely stock gt 04 and ran a best of 14.8.......i saw this is about average.....a stock ls1 runs about a 13.2 average.....let alone modded. I have a lot of respect for my other friends mach1 and cobra. They are very well built motors. I just dont think ford did a good job with the gt.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaross305
stock gt's are slow period.......my friend has a completely stock gt 04 and ran a best of 14.8.......i saw this is about average.....a stock ls1 runs about a 13.2 average.....let alone modded. I have a lot of respect for my other friends mach1 and cobra. They are very well built motors. I just dont think ford did a good job with the gt.

ok casue your friend cant drive and ran a 14.8 you now think thats the average time for a stock GT???
Old 10-10-2006, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BottleFed03GT
yeah i'll drive the car for you...although i'm sure eddie would probably get it a few .10s quicker...

you guys got the dyno over there yet???

getting the car tuned tonight but doesnt look like i'm gonna run the nitrous for a few more weeks...
Weve had our dyno were just waiting for the lift to get here. It should be here thursday. Hey are you doing A/C work cause thats what Derek said...house A/C or car A/C cause i need the A/C worked on thats in my buddys garage.

Whos tuning your car bro?

Quick Reply: LS1s in south florida?