Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Sun Pass

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 03:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sun Pass

Finally purchased one of these damn things. I know they say it needs to be mounted below the visor strip on the windshield, but will it still read it if it's behind the strip? Just want it up and out of the way.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:10 AM
12 Second Club

I have mine mounted at the very top left corner of my windshield. I can't stand having it in my usual field of vision. Works ok, but it has failed to read once in while. I just have to go a little slower through the lane.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:06 AM
12 Second Club

once they have u set up with your bank account, tag and address in the system wether or not it works or beeps doesnt matter. Because when they go thru the license tag pictures of cars who "didnt" pay they run your tag thru their computer, find u thru there and charge your account. Mine has been sitting in my office for two years and Ive never had a problem. So, i would nt worry too much.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:43 AM
TECH Regular

HAHA that's actually really funny SOM. I barely use mine, except when I go home for the weekends to South FL. I hate anything and everything that obstructs my vision, so I store mine in the center console, and when I'm on the highway that SunPass fits like a glove in that nice open space to the left of the cigarette lighter.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes, mine was mounted behind 5% tint and still went off, however mine is an old school one that you have to keep on with velcro and it always melts off when it gets hot. i keep it in that little box in the lower middle part of the dash.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

hell, my sunpass goes off in the center console of my truck ..lol
Old 10-29-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

i didnt even mount mine..i hold it up to the winshiled for a sec...then when THANK YOU Illuminates, its back in the console....**** some ugly object in my field of vision!

e
Old 10-29-2006, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Why do some toll stations beep and some dont?

I've had the beep and "Thank you"

I've also had the no beep and "Thank you"
Old 10-29-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

It still reads, but sometimes you don't have to pay a toll.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SOM_of_a_Beach
once they have u set up with your bank account, tag and address in the system wether or not it works or beeps doesnt matter. Because when they go thru the license tag pictures of cars who "didnt" pay they run your tag thru their computer, find u thru there and charge your account. Mine has been sitting in my office for two years and Ive never had a problem. So, i would nt worry too much.
I get a warning in the mail every month since I forget to hold it up half the time.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

A little off topic here but EZPASS (NJ/NY) sent me "the letter" with the picture and all. It was the shittiest pic I've ever seen. It wasn't even me. I was 1200 miles away. Computer must have guessed the plate number. I thought I didn't own a car with the plate number on the letter. I found out it was in my name and the car/plate where damaged during Hurricane Charlie. It was an old car I had that was damaged by Hurricane Charlie and I gave it to my buddy to use as a hunt buggy. I think I took the plate off Sept '03, the plate expired Dec '03 and I found all this out at the DMV when EZPass said I ran a toll with that plate. I was 1200 miles away! LOL....

Quick Reply: Sun Pass