Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

My F'in cop rant!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) "I got arrested for street racing about 4 months ago."

2) "this is going to put me over the 12 points in a year"

3) "OPD walks up, we talk, im honest, asks if i knew what i did, i said speeding, asked how fast, i said 90, he asked the speed limit i said 55, he said 50, asked if i knew the consequence, i said no, he asked if ive been to jail, i said no, asked if i wanted to go, i said HELL NO!"

4) Running the stop sign

5) speeding over 90MPH again

Ummmmm..... Man, its good that your venting but, you really dont have any room to bitch about all this. Nobody gives a crap how honest and straight forward you are about breaking the rules when it suits you. And your looking like you've been busy getting caught in the wrong places at the wrong times.
--------------------------------------------
- (1998) I got a ticket in high school for doing a burnout and got 3 points. Never 'got caught' doing that ever again yet...

- (2001) I got my last ticket ever going like 90+ in hawaii coming home from the track at like 12am.... open highway and cops are just waiting for it. Well, I got off lightly with just a fine since the cop wrote it up as something like 10MPH above speed limit. $300 and change later, I haven't gotten another ticket since... Cruise control all the way!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hyperzone

1) "I got arrested for street racing about 4 months ago."

2) "this is going to put me over the 12 points in a year"

3) "OPD walks up, we talk, im honest, asks if i knew what i did, i said speeding, asked how fast, i said 90, he asked the speed limit i said 55, he said 50, asked if i knew the consequence, i said no, he asked if ive been to jail, i said no, asked if i wanted to go, i said HELL NO!"

4) Running the stop sign

5) speeding over 90MPH again

Ummmmm..... Man, its good that your venting but, you really dont have any room to bitch about all this. Nobody gives a crap how honest and straight forward you are about breaking the rules when it suits you. And your looking like you've been busy getting caught in the wrong places at the wrong times.
--------------------------------------------
- (1998) I got a ticket in high school for doing a burnout and got 3 points. Never 'got caught' doing that ever again yet...

- (2001) I got my last ticket ever going like 90+ in hawaii coming home from the track at like 12am.... open highway and cops are just waiting for it. Well, I got off lightly with just a fine since the cop wrote it up as something like 10MPH above speed limit. $300 and change later, I haven't gotten another ticket since... Cruise control all the way!

Ok, so youre saying I have no room to talk cause Ive gotten caught doing somet stuff, when you admit to doing the same stuff (almost) but just havent gotten caught. Thats pretty hypocritical. We've all done things in these cars, we just dont always get caught.

Yea I got arrested for street racing, but again, I only got on it. Cops were called for previous people that were racing in the area that I came to find out. Ive gotten a few other tickets, it happens. A seatbelt and a insurance card. OPD let me off, Im grateful. I learned not to get on it again like I did. Lesson learned. Ive said over and over the stop sign was a complete accident. Just didnt pay attention, Im sure even you arent that perfect. And the speeding was me trying to be nice, but that bit me in the ***. Fine, I learned my lesson on that. Next time tell them theyll just have to deal.

You can sit there admitting to all the things youve done, that youve been let off for doing, that you havent been caught doing, and yet I have no room to talk cause I didnt get let off this time and that I have been caught. Maybe I should try being more like you?
Old 11-03-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

Sorry to talk down to you. You are very well spoken and sincere but an obvious menace on the highway. Sorry that you haven't learned your lessons in life but I'm very glad for all my family in FL that you won't be driving much longer. You are going to hurt someone. Those young girls just sent to long prison terms in Atlanta for street racing their BMW's (today's Atlanta Journal Constitution) is a must read for you. They never thought they would kill 2 people by driving crazy but guess what??
Old 11-03-2006, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FBodyPerformer
Well first off, this is why i started this thread. I wanted to rant, and to try and see different sides of it. Greg 00SS makes a good point, I jst got a ticket and it probaly seemed to the FHP that I thought I had a good excuse to do something if I got pulled over again, but that wasnt my intention. I was sincere. I still feel sick from wendesday night.

I got arrested for street racing about 4 months ago. Had the best lawyer and all, but had to kind of take a rough one cause they said they had witnesses, which I say is BS, I just got on it. But anyways, after that I started thinking bout the Navy just to get my life on track, go to school and get some money together to buy a house when I get out. Ive been kind of going away from the idea looking for other stuff to do, but still had the Navy on my mind. I almost think that this is life telling me I should do the Navy, if you look at it right. That I was steering away from it and I need to do it. We'll see.

But I say the navy cause I think this is going to put me over the 12 points in a year limit. I got, and this one was complete BS but I kind of got bullied by the cop not to go to court (threatened me with another street racing), and got a careless driving about 3 months ago. And a traffic control device awhile ago, but I dont think its been a year. So without a lisence, I cant get to work, pay for the car, insurance and so on.

The cops weren't bying ****** they just pulled your record and seen that you still haven't learned your lesson.
I am sorry that you got all the fines.but to be honest the fines should be the last of your worries. the points are whats going to kill you.

You need to go to court for this one pull the cops aside and beg for mercy
just try to get the points dropped, and pay the fines thats all the city really wants is your money.
Besides they make more money with you on the road, then with a suspended license. Becuase they know they will see you in about a month again

LIVE AND LEARN. remeber that. good luck with everything I really mean that.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SOOOOO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GIRL?....was she late? did she bitch at? etc etc

and for whoever said "cops give their friends brakes" doesnt exactly know there crap...one of my friends from the academy...(works for JSO)...took his brother in for DUI, let him spend the night.....and i can personally say if one of my friends was doing 25 over...theyd get a ticket for being a dumbass....my bike friends know not to stunt and ride in my zone

ive never personally had a superior tell me i have a qouta for anything....ive had them say...go out and do your job...enforce the law

and being arrested for street racing.....REALLLY doesnt help your case......i think your still a swell guy though
Old 11-04-2006, 12:29 AM
TECH Resident

These threads are always sooooooo entertaining.....I feel like I'm in traffic court with all the .
Old 11-04-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Junkie

And ALOT of " " smilies, too!
Old 11-04-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

KC- this is 2001Somws6's GF. Was reading the thread and gotta say im sorry what happened. You were definitely not having a good day.

As far as the stop sign. They maybe could have given you a break. I agree with the other comment said on here. Do not say a word....simply look forward and comply. If you hadnt said anything to that cop...they may have possibly thought you were new in the area and didnt know any better.
(I was pulled over in the UCF area a few years ago for doing an illegal u-turn. Was given a warning because the area was dark and I did it right in front of the cop....who was sitting right next to the sign.)

As far as the speeding goes....you came across FHP. So unfortunately there is no other way to say it but you were f*cked from the start. They do have a chip on their shoulders and do not have any sense of mercy or compassion. ( I was pulled over by one for blocking an intersection because I couldnt get into the left turning lane. Wasnt my fault because the other cars wouldnt let me in. But you know what that officer told me? " If you cant make a left turn...too damn bad." He was a total pr*ck. )

Hopefully you can get the points dropped so you can remain driving. But just a note of advice. Please remember the next time you want to speed...that not only you could injure yourself but someone else as well. (I lost my only sister to a careless driver that wanted to speed on the back roads of PA in a Trans Am. Guess what...the driver lived...my sister didnt.)

I certainly wouldnt want that to happen to you. Not trying to pass judgement...just some friendly advice that I hope you take with you.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

For me to be a hypocrit, I would have to be ranting about why I think I didn't deserve my tickets or ranting about how I should have gotten some mercy... and I'm NOT. So, your wrong there. I apologize for any offensive comments.

I only made mention of my past offenses to sort of show that I'm no saint either but, that 2001 speeding offense was my last ticket to date. I honestly do not drive as carelessly as I did back then and I do have a healthy fear of what an accident can do since I've was a passenger for one once.

You mention you were trying to get a feel for both sides so, I was giving you my 'limited' point-of-view that with so many recent priors that your obviously not going to get any leniency from the cops and I dont think its reasonable/rational to expect it.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got arrested for street racing about 4 months ago. Had the best lawyer and all, but had to kind of take a rough one cause they said they had witnesses, which I say is BS,
You didn't have a lawyer, you had someone who took your money.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:47 PM
12 Second Club

Well, again I appreciate everyones feedback. If I didnt want the criticism, I would have kep the events to myself and sulked lol.

Ill say it again, I really do know that I did 2 things wrong. I did them. The speeding really was my fault though, I just felt pretty bad. Im sure if you all were in the situation, you would understand why I was trying to so hard to get her home and not make her mad, but its a long story, and its personal. But either way, she was late, and my fight for her has come to an end....

And I know I may seem like a menace and a punk driver and just causing trouble, but thats the last thing I am. I really have been in the wrong places at the wrong time. And the street racing was dropped to a wreckless with-holding judification, so its not on my record. Other than that, my record is very very short. And whats really funny, is that Ive owned my car 2 years now this week. I drove the hell out of it for the first year to year and a half. But for awhile now Ive slowed down a lot, driving extremely calm and just cruising in the car, and now I get in more trouble than with my old driving ways. Go figure lol

Anyways, my lawyer was really good. He's gotten at least a good 10 people I know from fuelslut off of their racing tickets, and I think theyre cases were harder than mine. But Im going to get ahold of him and Im going to see what it will take, like you all said, to at least get the points dropped and just pay whatever fine they want.

Thanks again for the different opinions on the situation. I think IF I ever get pulled over again, Ill just do like you all said, shut up and stare forward.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

that does suck man. When it rains it pours. If it were me though and I pulled you over doing 90 in a 55 and heard that you had just gotten a ticket earlier in the night with all of those other things on your record, I would write you up too man. You may be a good guy and you may have been sincere, but all the officer KNOWS is that youve had quite a few infractions in a short period of time. As far as the crap with a girl..... I would tell her that my liscense, safety of other motorists, my insurance rates are all more important than her curfew.

Last edited by greentahoe; 11-05-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

that sucks. just doing their job. Just need to be more careful out there.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

but my rant is why the hell did these cops have to be so strict with me?

Rant done....
Only bad things happen when you mess with girls from volusia county.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

thats right..you tell him glenn.

Last edited by blk04c5; 11-07-2006 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: My F'in cop rant!!!