Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

out of state points help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default out of state points help

hey just got a speeding ticket while in vermont..

do the points get reported to florida?

i know some states do and some dont.. but i guess im asking does vermont report traffic violations to florida ?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

itll be on there....just pay it and forget about it.....if someone pulled you over down here and saw that you a unpaid ticket, you could be arrested for that.....
Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i live off exit one in georgia and the ticket i got from fhp never got showed ip on my driving record but i did pay the ticket
Old 01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I got a ticket in Denver about 6 or 7 years ago and I paid it thinking it wouldn't show up on my Texas drivers license record. It never did either but I'm not sure about FL.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I Know Im Gonna Pay It Im Just Concerned About The Points...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

in florida we know ALLLLLL
Old 01-16-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

im just glad tickets in Texas dont show on a SC license...

SC has a points system.

Texas does not.

if my texas tickets went on to SC, i would lose my license twice over... LOL.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had a ticket in Georgia ... didn't ever show up in Florida. Even though the States Compact Agreement below says Georgia will report it, I've never heard of them doing it. Good luck John.

About the Drivers License Compact

Soon to be replaced by the Driver License Agreement.

The Drivers License Compact require member states to report tickets received by motorist to the state where they received a license to drive so as to receive points and get an insurance hike. Also when a state suspends the license of a driver who is from out-of-state, the state where the motorist received a license to drive will also suspend their license as well.

Member States : Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky - Joined 8/96, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee (Dropped out in 1997), Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
Exceptions & Notes:
Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin will report tickets to your home state even though they are not members of the compact.
Colorado, Nevada, Maryland, Ohio, and Wisconsin do not assess points for out-of-state convictions. Colorado does not make an entry for out-of-state convictions such as speeding but convictions for offenses like DUI still count !
New York, sames rules apply as for Colorado except New York DOES apply points for moving violations in Ontario and Quebec.
Michigan and Georgia will assess points for out-of-state tickets. Kentucky does not assess points for out-of-state speeding tickets but will for others.
Vermont and North Carolina does not report tickets to your home state unless violation results in license suspension. North Carolina will not assess points for out-of-state tickets unless the violation, if committed in North Carolina would result in a suspension.
Kansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, Arizona, Iowa, and South Dakota will not put speeding tickets on record unless it is 10 or more mph over the limit. If the violation was committed by an out-of-state motorist, the violation may still be reported to the home state which can result in points being assessed. South Dakota will not assess points for speeding tickets. This may change since the repeal of the 55 mph National Speed Limit.
South Dakota does not assess points for speeding but if speeding ticket is more than 10 mph over the limit in-state, it is record and no out of state speeding is recorded on public record. internal records are still kept.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get a ticket in a different state and don't pay it may not affect that status of your driving privelege in your state. However your driving priveleges will be suspended in the state that you got the ticket in and didn't pay.
This can make you eligible for arrest in that state if you ever go back or drive through.

I am not sure about the points thing.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Vermont and North Carolina does not report tickets to your home state unless violation results in license suspension.. THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR... THANKS!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hope you enjoyed the tires last year and hope to see you again soon. Finally getting ready to run this bird at the track .... glad the info above helped ya', as well.

Quick Reply: out of state points help