Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

OSW Fri 3/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good time tonight, and yes that was my car parked by the fence.. I was itching to run, but thought better of it on street tires.. Get me SOM great to meet you, also JEB, and Raging nice to put some faces with the names..

One other person at the S&S i can't remember who though...
Old 03-24-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

I was there.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey got me some ur car loooks awsome. i was in the red ss on alyfia tonight
Old 03-24-2007, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

I went to the track also. Ran two of my worst times ever there. 13.9@ 98 and then I hit the rev limiter and ran a 14.7@90. I think it is time to find me a LS1.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Hey Hey. I'm up early today for some reason. Hey Slowmofo, I am one of the guys that was at S&S last night, I had the red Firebird shirt on. Anyways it was pretty cool to meet everyone last night and should be easier to pick out some friends out of the crowd at the track next time. I was not Doing so well at the track last night. I have not ran in a really long time and decided to go with my street tires. That didn't go so well. I was launching pretty good but would spin a little when the car would shift to second. I had a best run of 13.167 @ 107.15mph. the other 2 runs were 13.236 @ 106.66mph, and 13.171 @ 106.85 mph. Next Friday I intend on running DRs and getting some High 12 action . As for the little fender bender before the last run I did, here is the story. I am going to get ready to stage, and I am in the water box just waiting. The guy in front of me is in a 67 Chevy II. He was already done burning out and I guess he wanted to back up to the water box again to do another burn out. I am sitting there watching him slowly back up and I am starting to get worried as he gets closer and closer(not even looking back) . I hear people screaming at him to stop and I decide to throw it in reverse and gas it. As soon as I hit reverse he is just hitting my nose. Bang right as I give it some gas . We stop, he shakes his head and then stages. I am shocked and confused. I ask Ragingwolf51 whats the damage? He gives a thumbs up and says the cops are being called. I ask should I run still and he says yeah but come right back here after you're done so we can deal with the police and driver's info. I am upset and just run a 14.6 spinning down the track. I was going to look for the guy but I was like I better go to the front again and deal with the police. I go to the front of the line up and wait for a bit with my friend John. Guy doesn't show up and the police can't do anything about it, I have to get this guy to settle with me on my own(suckness). The reason I am not so enraged about the whole thing is because I already have a damaged front bumper from the previous owner Leftme4dead. You can't see any dif. in the bumper from what it used to be and nothing else was moved or damaged. Here is the Shitty Irony of it all. I had a Tag on there that said OUCH before he even hit me. Sooo everyone at the track had a pretty good laugh about that and I'm sure there are a lot of videos of it and I am not going to be surprised if I don't see it one day online. Even I have to laugh about that. Now the tag has been removed and I have the guys phone # and have already spoke with his wife(maybe she will get on his ***). I really don't think this is going to happen but it would be nice if the guy would get me a new bumper, if he doesn't then oh well, the car still looks the same. I don't want to be the joke at the track all the time when I go there now, and I am a little embarrased about the whole thing. Do you think people will be stupid about it when I return next week? Sorry for the Novel. Nice to meet everyone.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't sweat it, just talk to the guy and tell him to pay attention to what he's doing and if you had new paint he's be liable,
Old 03-24-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Yeah. I'm not being rude or anything. I called last night and spoke with his wife(cause he was not home yet) and I was just telling her that we had a little fender bender and that I was just seeing how he would deal with it and me. I was very polite and shall be the same with the guy, that way it will give me a better chance on him not getting mad and a whole yelling fest starting(and maybe he will help out), because really all he has to do is say I don't wanna do anything or I don't know what you are talking about and I have to ecept it. That Sucks but thats the way it goes at the track.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Hey JAMcreations I saw that dumbass run into you. I was walking around the track with a "hippies smell" shirt and a beer. Got me SOM I saw your car there too, I was parked not too far from you on the other side of the staging lanes, your car looks awesome.

Who had the GTO that ran 15.something?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by getthesand0ut
hey got me some ur car loooks awsome. i was in the red ss on alyfia tonight
Thanks man, were you the car with true duals?

I gotta clean her up today she's dirty.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Hey JAMcreations I saw that dumbass run into you. I was walking around the track with a "hippies smell" shirt and a beer. Got me SOM I saw your car there too, I was parked not too far from you on the other side of the staging lanes, your car looks awesome.

Who had the GTO that ran 15.something?
Thanks bro, I parked it out there cause I knew fellow ls1techer's would see.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowmofo
good time tonight, and yes that was my car parked by the fence.. I was itching to run, but thought better of it on street tires.. Get me SOM great to meet you, also JEB, and Raging nice to put some faces with the names..

One other person at the S&S i can't remember who though...
cool to meet you too.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Next time ill meet up with you guys, I was out all day and didnt see this thread.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

It was awesome putting some faces to their names, and it's always a pleasure to see Caveman around the racetrack. We had a lot of complications last night as far as employees and so we barely had enough people to run the track. If one more person had left, I would have been stuck with pulling cars AND pushing the waterboxes at the same time!

Steak N' Shake was good, and it was nice sitting down with everyone and getting to know everybody. Everybody seems awesome, and I can't wait to do it again.

Let's be sure we can actually "cruise" there this time (to all those that left early )
Old 03-24-2007, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Good times last night. I had a cooler and a LS1Tech shirt on, shotgun in Slomofo's ride.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
It was awesome putting some faces to their names, and it's always a pleasure to see Caveman around the racetrack. We had a lot of complications last night as far as employees and so we barely had enough people to run the track. If one more person had left, I would have been stuck with pulling cars AND pushing the waterboxes at the same time!

Steak N' Shake was good, and it was nice sitting down with everyone and getting to know everybody. Everybody seems awesome, and I can't wait to do it again.

Let's be sure we can actually "cruise" there this time (to all those that left early )
Haha Next Friday I will for sure be there, and I will also wait for everyone to meet up(encluding raging) afterwards so we can cruise and hit up shake ur steak. I wish I got to put some names with faces. I didnt even see GOT's Camaro when I was leaving.

I have a question for Raging, but anyone who knows can answer it as well. I always see them telling people to put their windows up. What are the specific rules behind this. I saw a guy once run with t-tops off(T/A) in the street lanes but he had a helmet on. By my observations, the way it looks like is you can run with t-tops off, I'll assume convertable down, or windows down, as long as you have a helmet? Is this right. Lets say I was rich and wanted to run my Ferrari Modena 360 down the track with the convertable down, could I do this if I had a helmet? Enlighten me please.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

I would guess that it's for safety reasons.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Well I got a call back from the guy that was driving the 67 Chevy II, and he was really sorry about what happened and actually doesn't even own the car, he just drives it. I was like you know I had damage before and I'm not out to get anyone so I eventually just told him to tell the owner of the car to not worry about it and that I will be there next week. He seemed pretty honest and I'm sure I will get to chat with him in real life soon. As for now I am just happy there was damage before the little bump and that the damage remains to stay on the front bumper only. Look for the OUCH next week.LOL
Old 03-24-2007, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I had to bolt, they wouldn't let my friend in the track, she had to wait outside the gate. So I wasn't gonna leave her sitin.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

It was awesome putting some faces to their names, and it's always a pleasure to see Caveman around the racetrack.

i don't think caveman was too happy when you were banging on his car. Use your head if you need to get a driver's attention go to his window or be in his line of vision so he notices you. You cant always hear things when you have a helmet on.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't hear jack with a helmet on,

I have a BBC with 3" pipes thru 3 chamber Flowmasters no turn downs, Its loud but with a helmet on I can't hear ****, Can't even tellif the cars running,

Quick Reply: OSW Fri 3/23