Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

OSW Fri 3/23

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Yeah I had to bolt, they wouldn't let my friend in the track, she had to wait outside the gate. So I wasn't gonna leave her sitin.
Why wouldnt they let her in?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Why wouldnt they let her in?
She had a Mustang and it was 9:45.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

I apologized to Dave about the car incident, and be assured it won't happen again.

With the T-top thing, that is a No-no. The orange Camaro you saw run without a T-top was due to the fact he had a roll cage in place of them. The car has to be "sealed" before you can go down the track. Windows up, convertible tops up, T-tops on, etc...

This is strictly for safety purposes. God forbid you flip the car. Instead of landing on your roof, you land on your head. Don't want to be cleaning up your blood out there.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
I apologized to Dave about the car incident, and be assured it won't happen again.

With the T-top thing, that is a No-no. The orange Camaro you saw run without a T-top was due to the fact he had a roll cage in place of them. The car has to be "sealed" before you can go down the track. Windows up, convertible tops up, T-tops on, etc...

This is strictly for safety purposes. God forbid you flip the car. Instead of landing on your roof, you land on your head. Don't want to be cleaning up your blood out there.
Just wondering. Because I saw a guy run in the street lanes with his t-tops off, but he had a helmet on.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

How long ago was that, because nowadays we don't let anybody do that. We're a lot safer than we used to be.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowmofo
good time tonight, and yes that was my car parked by the fence.. I was itching to run, but thought better of it on street tires.. Get me SOM great to meet you, also JEB, and Raging nice to put some faces with the names..

One other person at the S&S i can't remember who though...
Thats me you cant remember
Old 03-27-2007, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

How long ago was that, because nowadays we don't let anybody do that. We're a lot safer than we used to be.
It was last year. I know you guys have been tightening up the safety situation. Just sucks now that you have to have a license to run 9's or 135mph traps. I can understand ofcourse having all of the safety equipment and cage etc, but why do you have to be licensed now? To prove you know how to handle 9's?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

wait, what kind of licence do you have to get? im just reading this ending part.. what do you have to do in order to pass the test??? (not that ill be there anytime soon)
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

That'd be my best guess. I actually have never heard of that until you said it. Even if that is a rule, common sense would be the best way to prevent 9 second wrecks. If you're a novice, then you don't belong behind the wheel of a 9 second or even 10 or 11 second car.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GENERAL
1. All drivers competing in NHRA Professional, Alcohol, Competition, Advanced E.T., Super Comp, Super Gas, certain Super Stock classes as defined by current NHRA rules, Super Street, Top
Comp, Top Sportsman, Top Dragster, Super Eliminator, Sport Compact, Snowmobile, ATV, certain Nostalgia, Special Fuel and E.T. cars or Motorcycles with a dial-in of 9.99 or quicker (4.50 to
6.39 for eighth-mile) or 135 mph or faster (excludes motorcycle) are required to have a valid NHRA Competition License and NHRA Membership.
2. All license applicants must be at least 16 years old. The minimum age for any professional category applicant is 18 years of age.
3. All licensed drivers are required to pass an NHRA physical examination every two (2) years, TF and FC required to take an annual physical. Any abnormalities in this
examination may be referred to an NHRA medical consultant for review, and may be cause for rejection.
4. Drivers must be in possession of temporary or permanent NHRA License Certificate and NHRA Membership to be eligible for competition in any category that requires an NHRA Competition License.
5. Drivers may not drive more than one car in the same category at any NHRA event.
6. License and competition numbers are issued as a unit and are valid for two years from date of physical examination; TF or FC is valid for one year.
7. The license does not convey a right but rather conveys a revocable privilege to participate in events.
8. Class 4 license runs can be completed at an eighth-mile track. For Class 1, 2 or 3 license, runs 1, 2, 3 & 4 can be completed at an eighth-mile track, but runs 5 & 6 must
be completed at a quarter-mile track.
9. Drivers who have not competed (or have let their NHRA license expire) for a period of two (2) years will have to meet all NEW DRIVER REQUIREMENTS. For TF and FC who have not
competed for two years, license will become inactive, three (3) test runs will be required to re-activate; see runs 4, 5 and 6.
10. If any test runs are older than one year, runs 4, 5 and 6 must be re-done.
11. In accordance with the Applicant’s Affirmation and Agreement on the front of this document, all drivers are subject to NHRA’s rules and regulations in connection with their participation
in any NHRA or NHRA member track event. This includes those in the NHRA Rulebook and any amendments thereto published on nhra.com or in National DRAGSTER.
NEW DRIVER REQUIREMENTS
1. Physical examination forms and Competition License application forms are available through any NHRA office or at www.nhra.com/contacts/forms.html.
2. The applicant will inform the track manager and/or duly authorized track official of intent, and will then arrange for two (2) currently licensed drivers (of equal class or above class
or as appointed by the NHRA Division Director) and an authorized track official to observe each test run. Signatures of observers and times must be filled in after each run.
3. The following tests are required:
A. The driver must pass an NHRA physical and present completed original physical examination form to authorized track official before test runs are made.
B. A special cockpit orientation test ("blindfold" test) will be conducted by observers.
C. All test runs will be single runs. No side-by-side runs on test sessions.
D. Test runs will be required in the following order: *For Pro and Sportsman minimum performances refer to the NHRA Rulebook and any
1. One half-pass 4. One moderate run amendments thereto published on nhra.com or in National DRAGSTER.
2. One moderate run 5. One full run*
3. One moderate run 6. One full run*
E. Final runs must be representative performance
Old 03-27-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

POOP ON A STICK. Thats a lot of info. My melon hurts.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Yup that's alot of crap to do and go through, that's why my goal is for 130-134mph in the 1/4 and not to hit 9s, they can boot you out if you don't have your license and you hit those numbers.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

That'd be my best guess. I actually have never heard of that until you said it. Even if that is a rule, common sense would be the best way to prevent 9 second wrecks. If you're a novice, then you don't belong behind the wheel of a 9 second or even 10 or 11 second car.
I am only asking because I heard them announce over the intercom thius past Fri that if you are running 9's or 135mph traps, that you will need to get a license which includes running 6 races(im guessing with a certain trap or mph)
Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Yup that's alot of crap to do and go through, that's why my goal is for 130-134mph in the 1/4 and not to hit 9s, they can boot you out if you don't have your license and you hit those numbers.
This is why I am asking raging, because what I gathered from the announcement was that if you ran those numbers, you would need that license, or you would get the boot @ osw.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

In that case, the best thing to do is to call OSW.

407-568-2717
Old 03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by leftme4dead
I am only asking because I heard them announce over the intercom thius past Fri that if you are running 9's or 135mph traps, that you will need to get a license which includes running 6 races(im guessing with a certain trap or mph)

This is why I am asking raging, because what I gathered from the announcement was that if you ran those numbers, you would need that license, or you would get the boot @ osw.
That's how it is with the tracks up in Jersey. You also have to have all the safety equipment plus know where all your killswitches are blindfolded. The license runs for the 1/4 mile have to all be in the 9 second range. The first few runs have to be 1/8th mile and the last ones 1/4 mile which have been stated by Adrian.

I've seen people go for their license runs up there and they always announce it over the loudspeaker and the person does a solo run.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Roarin_8

I've seen people go for their license runs up there and they always announce it over the loudspeaker and the person does a solo run.

I've saw the same process at several tracks, including OSW. In fact my Brother in Law's boss just did his licensing runs there last fall.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Yea. NHRA licensed passes always get a "single".
Old 03-28-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

I know this is off topic... but...

<<<<<< BITCHES DON'T KNOW BOUT SPARTAAA!!!!

Figure I'd get a few laughs out of that one.

Quick Reply: OSW Fri 3/23