Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. if the officer shows up for court...he's a good officer...if he doesnt he's a slacker

2. its a speeding ticket, go to school, and just chalk it up

3. you dont want to be a smartass to a judge....in traffic court hes god
Old 04-29-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys you arent gona believe this. I got a parking ticket at nicks house for having my car blocking the drive way. Nick went out and was like "hey he can move the car" and the cop honestly goes "well I already started writing the ticket"

Honestly, they are out to get me. It was in a ******* neighborhood.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man, that is some jacked up **** dude..
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by staringback05
1. if the officer shows up for court...he's a good officer...if he doesnt he's a slacker

3. you dont want to be a smartass to a judge....in traffic court hes god
Number one makes sense assuming he wrote the ticket justifiably.

Number two already assumes he's guilty! Why should someone that didn't do anything "chalk" anything up or go to school?

Number three is true of everything of everybody in life... **** the judge, he's a wretched POS man like all of us... Fact is, you shoudn't be a smartass to anyone, so on that principle you shouldn't be a smartass to him... On that principle and with that reasoning, NOT because it'd be advantageous or to "kiss ***." the TC is probably respectful enough not to be a smart *** to anyone anyway.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dang Paul they had it in for your car last night.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Ok guys you arent gona believe this. I got a parking ticket at nicks house for having my car blocking the drive way. Nick went out and was like "hey he can move the car" and the cop honestly goes "well I already started writing the ticket"

Honestly, they are out to get me. It was in a ******* neighborhood.
Should have thrown the mini keg at him...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

if you didnt do **** fight it all the way (though i do recommend a lawyer ) i got a ticket about 4 months ago for "running a redlight" i knew in my heart he was just trying to get me on the side of the road to just **** with me and the light was not even yellow. I have my pride and if i didnt do anything wrong i will fight it 100% even if it costs me the amount of 5 tickets.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

^

Old 04-29-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds to me like you are a marked man. Your reaction to the initial ticket is what probably did it. You may have been completely right, but punching the console was totally ridiculous.
A lot of bad advice on the net, so beware. Yes, these people are men, but they are men with power over you, specially judges. To look at this idealistically one would have to agree that truth and rightesnous will triump. But realistically speaking, you can lose and lose big time.
Life is a poker game, play your hand dude.
I would complain to the supervisor about the ticket. It will not get your ticket voided, but may prevent someone else from being victimized, specially if others start lodging the complaint with the sergeant. You know the saying, where there is smoke there is fire...
The sign of a young man is that he is willing to die for what he believes in, the sign of a wise man is that he is willing to live and fight for what he believes in.
Don't **** yourself, on this one.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

Definately punching the dash was a bad move. I'd definately take the parking ticket to court, along with your friend. The careless driving one I'm not so sure, and probably not without a lawyer and witnesses.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
Definately punching the dash was a bad move. I'd definately take the parking ticket to court, along with your friend. The careless driving one I'm not so sure, and probably not without a lawyer and witnesses.
Well nick was driving behind me when I was "careless driving". Maybe he is just bad luck. But anyway he can be my witness. I punched the dash when he was already giving me the ticket. I kept my cool until then.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by staringback05

Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

go to traffic court if your found guilty ask for an appeal to a trial by jury.. get the common citzen to judge you.. not some one my local sheriff buddy calls the revenue builder
Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Trial by jury? for a traffic citation? Do they do that in Melbourne?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

umm to the best of my knowledge you have the right to request that for any appeal..
Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Wow. That sucks bro. I've never had an experience like that.

off topic but Vendetta, that is the GREATEST avatar lololol

CAMAROEXTRA, good luck my man
Old 04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
Sounds to me like you are a marked man. Your reaction to the initial ticket is what probably did it. You may have been completely right, but punching the console was totally ridiculous.
A lot of bad advice on the net, so beware. Yes, these people are men, but they are men with power over you, specially judges. To look at this idealistically one would have to agree that truth and rightesnous will triump. But realistically speaking, you can lose and lose big time.
Life is a poker game, play your hand dude.
I would complain to the supervisor about the ticket. It will not get your ticket voided, but may prevent someone else from being victimized, specially if others start lodging the complaint with the sergeant. You know the saying, where there is smoke there is fire...
The sign of a young man is that he is willing to die for what he believes in, the sign of a wise man is that he is willing to live and fight for what he believes in.
Don't **** yourself, on this one.
Like always, your advice is darn good. In this case, however, no one gets hurt or dies, so while idealism here might carry higher stakes than years-cultivated "wisdom," they consist only of paying a ticket... I'd do that gladly for what I believe is right many times over, but that's just me...
Old 04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I think even if you lose in court you can still request traffic school can't you? If thats the case might as well try to fight it, then if that fails take the school.

Ugh I logged 36 hrs. of traffic school when I was a teenager, I must have drove like a idiot.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Just for your information, police officers are REQUIRED to show up for court. If not, they can be held in contempt, so it's in their best interest to show up. Good luck with that ticket. I get adjudicated for a ticket on May 22nd. They had a "No left turn" sign up for one week, set up a trap, then took it down. I took pictures. The case should get thrown out.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Any chance that any info is wrong on the ticket? When I was stationed in CA I got a ticket for a "Unsafe Start". My tires did make a little sequel, it had been sprinkling. The officer had no line of sight on the vehicles, and just picked mine out of the 4 at the light.
When I looked over my ticket it said my tag was a CA tag even though I had FL tags on my car. I was going to state to the judge that the officer must not be very observant if he couldn't even get my state of registry correct. I was then going to state that the officer was rude, as I went to ask him a question and he was gone.
Well the cop didn't even show up. I drug it out, I waited til 3 days til my money was due, showed up at the courtroom to pay, they could only take cash/personal check, so by showing up but not able to pay(only had a visa on me), the lady extended my time to pay by another 60 days. I sent in a personal check and a written request for a court date. So that took more time, by the time I had my court date it was 7 months after getting the ticket. Officer didn't show, and it would be hard for his word to count at that point, it is several months later.

Maybe you can try to stall? Seemed to work for me.

Quick Reply: rant