Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

JL Turbo of pompano and Ft Laud

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:31 PM
On The Tree

Default JL Turbo of pompano and Ft Laud

Has anyone ever heard of JL Turbo? Like I said they have shops I guess in Pompano and Fort Lauderdale. Anybody ever get stuff from them or ever had their cars tuned through them? NA or forced induction? Also be specific with examples please. Thanks ahead of time guys I am looking for a good dyno shop around my area.
Old 05-03-2007 | 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

I have never heard one bad thing about them... Could be the best tuners/installers in the world for all I know...

All I know is, when I was looking for a local installer for my turbo kit, I could not get in touch with them for the life of me. I left a message asking what it was I wanted done, and I called several other times, additionally. It was over a year ago, but I remember it pissing me off that I didn't ever get a call back.

You're gonna get this from others inevitably, so I'll be the first:

"Head north, young man. Head north."

... At least to the Tampa/Orlando area.
Old 05-03-2007 | 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Good idea on heading north. I can't though because the kit will be on the car already but not tuned therefore gotta stay at low rpms and go somewhere close.
Old 05-03-2007 | 06:40 PM
On The Tree

By the kit I mean forced induction. It would not be a good idea to drive it 3 hours away untuned. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2007 | 07:17 PM
Banned

I haven't heard anything bad about them. Took a ride in a car they built just a reg LT1 with a STS system. Kind of pricey though, I had no problem contacting them tho.
Old 05-03-2007 | 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by smokin2001formula
By the kit I mean forced induction. It would not be a good idea to drive it 3 hours away untuned. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed...

So, then it sounds like you don't have a choice anyway... Unless you'd consider Horsepower Sales.

On SFFBA.net, there is more information on them than here, anyway, since I believe they sponsor the site and post often.

Quick Reply: JL Turbo of pompano and Ft Laud