Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Cam Regrinding

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
The ECOtec heads are the same in design but the sensors for the LSJ 2.0 are in different locations so if I use a cam from a 2.2 my Cam Positon Sensor wont work. The SS/SC has the same engine as me but idk if your refering to an SS or an SS/SC. The SS has a few cam profiles out for it.
okay lets start form the top there are so many diffrent ecotech applications you will have to excuse my ignorance on this subject. there is a 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4, and alot of you ecotech guys a starting to get pretty fast and nobody makes a cam for your car im sure in all the diffrent applications there a small diffrences but there has to be something out there for you. my buddy has 06 ss supercharged cobalt he got cams for his. next time i see him ile ask from who. and have you ever considered a head swap if you cant get a cam for yours maybe you could for a diffrent one. i never really got into the performance aspect of ecotech but im sure with those there has to be some sort of part interchangibilty. im mean look at the ls-based engines almost all parts can be made to work in a other ls engine . with some sort of modification or fab work
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
okay lets start form the top there are so many diffrent ecotech applications you will have to excuse my ignorance on this subject. there is a 2.0, 2.2, and 2.4, and alot of you ecotech guys a starting to get pretty fast and nobody makes a cam for your car im sure in all the diffrent applications there a small diffrences but there has to be something out there for you. my buddy has 06 ss supercharged cobalt he got cams for his. next time i see him ile ask from who. and have you ever considered a head swap if you cant get a cam for yours maybe you could for a diffrent one. i never really got into the performance aspect of ecotech but im sure with those there has to be some sort of part interchangibilty. im mean look at the ls-based engines almost all parts can be made to work in a other ls engine . with some sort of modification or fab work

Your on the right track but its not as easy as it sounds. Most of the times stupid parts that are hard to interchange end up not matching up. Your buddy with the SS has cams, most likely, from JBP. They kinda suck and hurt your car more than help it. On top of that they cost as much as a solid gold panda. GM tells you how to make HP with this car but everyone always thinks they're smarter than GM that has tons of smart people working for them so they go different ways. GM says to regrind cam blanks to some specs I already have but I was just looking for a shop that could do it locally. If it can be done to an LSJ, I've either seen it first hand or done it first myself to my car. I know im a newbie on here but I'm one of the first with these cars to start playing with it and making power. Also blew my engine up in the process lol. Thanks for the help though guys.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

corey, just buy an LS1 and you dont have to have any cam probs anymore lolol
Old 05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
Teching In

I woulda bought one and made 500hp in 2 seconds but wheres the fun in that?

I like being the first person to do stuff to this car and pioneering things, plus I'm one of "those" guys on my forum. You gotta have a twin turbo with a 500 shot of nitrous to be one of those guys on here jeez. lol.

Or have a hot looking set of rims on a red camaro with a sick *** center exhaust kit, but who the hell has that around here?
Old 05-11-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

hahah
one of "THOSE" guys.....we have a bunch of those here, they are like GODS lolol (or at least they think they are)
Old 05-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
hahah
one of "THOSE" guys.....we have a bunch of those here, they are like GODS lolol (or at least they think they are)
Yeah, I dont think I'm a god, the stickers however, they think they're pretty cool, and you know how hard it is to argue with stickers?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

you got that right Sir...hey Allan was trying to find you to play some net...was he successful?
You interested?

Erik
Old 05-11-2007, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
The ECOtec heads are the same in design but the sensors for the LSJ 2.0 are in different locations so if I use a cam from a 2.2 my Cam Positon Sensor wont work. The SS/SC has the same engine as me but idk if your refering to an SS or an SS/SC. The SS has a few cam profiles out for it.
Did you talk to my boy Chris over at Vera?
I'm sure you are aware of his little bro's Ion turbo set up.
They are preparing to go crazy with that car, and last time we talked he had some good cam info on those cars, but I am not 100% sure which heads the cams are available for.
Give him a hollar and see what he has to say.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Did you talk to my boy Chris over at Vera?
I'm sure you are aware of his little bro's Ion turbo set up.
They are preparing to go crazy with that car, and last time we talked he had some good cam info on those cars, but I am not 100% sure which heads the cams are available for.
Give him a hollar and see what he has to say.
Yeah Eric is one of my best friends and Chris is the reason I bought my Redline so yeah I know them pretty well You notice the Thanks to guys at Vera tag in my sig?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
you got that right Sir...hey Allan was trying to find you to play some net...was he successful?
You interested?

Erik
Yeah he got ahold of me but I was working

Quick Reply: Cam Regrinding