Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

undercover cop car

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
naa i had just put a cam in the car so had no tune.he had his windows up just driving next to me on us1,i was thinking to myself "no it couldnt be" then right b4 i turned off he rolled down his windows and smiled.

Guy at work had a 65 stang says here raced him on A1A near Patrick, then got a ticket, this guy is "Capt'n Bullshit" so I don't know if it's true, They asked me what I would do if I was riding in the Nova, " I told em I'd flick him off" and then tell it cost money to see the show" but I never got the chance to run in to him, maybe soon,
Old 05-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluenyghthawk
jacksonville sheriffs office has a white civic hatch with blue underglow
id kill my boss if he they made me drive that....
Old 05-15-2007, 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ellisjuan350
id kill my boss if he they made me drive that....
probably its the cops's personal car, ricer ...
Old 05-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

ya, they are use to driving slow pieces of ****
Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if we have any over by Hernando/Pasco counties. One night I had a red LT1 T/A next to me and the guy said lets race. I didn't feel very good about the way he said it, so I replied with Meh..... then without roasting my tires took it to 5 over the limit to show him whats what, but no higher than 5 over, cause the air felt weird, didn't really like how he said lets race, like maybe he was a cop.

About the entrapment part, don't they usually spew some BS at you about how it was your decision to race? I agree though, they shouldn't be out there provoking such behavior.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camar0corey
I don't know if we have any over by Hernando/Pasco counties. One night I had a red LT1 T/A next to me and the guy said lets race. I didn't feel very good about the way he said it, so I replied with Meh..... then without roasting my tires took it to 5 over the limit to show him whats what, but no higher than 5 over, cause the air felt weird, didn't really like how he said lets race, like maybe he was a cop.

About the entrapment part, don't they usually spew some BS at you about how it was your decision to race? I agree though, they shouldn't be out there provoking such behavior.

it is 100% entrapment bullshit...but +1 on not racing in the first place, which is the arguement when you get pulled over...lose lose situation
E
Old 05-18-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry guys, it is not entrapment. Read up on the law before you make an *** out of yourself.

In jurisprudence, entrapment is a legal defense by which a defendant may argue that he or she should not be held criminally liable for actions which broke the law, because he/she was induced (or entrapped) by the police to commit said acts. For the defense to be successful, the defendant must demonstrate that the police induced an otherwise unwilling person to commit a crime. Entrapment is an issue that must be considered in designing sting operations.

If he revved at you and you willingily partook, it is not entrapment.

If you unwillingly partook then entrapment would hold.

I wonder why so many people think they know the law, but think twice before offering an electrician or say a carpenter advice.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just some points to ponder:

Key words: Depends on the country/state/province.

Here is what Entrapment means in simple terms. If the police make an active effort into making someone break the law then it is entrapment. If the police do not make an effort then it is not entrapment.

The police can take part in illegal activities as pursuant to an investigation as long as they do not initiate the illegal activities. This is why a police officer can pose as a hooker or a drug dealer. They are not creating the crime they are posing as one side of a criminal equation that is intiated by the suspect. It would be entrapment if the police went looking for suspect.

Depends on the country/state/province. Here they aren't allowed to rev at you in an undercover car to get you to race. Why not? Because then you are about to take off down the road at 100 mph and it's dangerous to pedestrians, and you are trying to end street racing, when you just effectively made one. It won't look good on the news when a cop instigated a race and the civilian spun out and took out a crowd of people waiting to get inside a club.

the police are not allowed to partake in criminal activities. asking or implying that someone should do something illegal can legally be looked at as illegal. So if an undercover officer told you after watching you walk drunkly to your vehicle, that even though you are drunk it's cool to drive..... and he turns around and arrest you for DWI, he actually assisted in breaking the law. In this example it would be your word against his (and he'll win), but the example is still sound.

Entrapment is illegal because the criminal (or victim - depending on how you look at it) would not do the same thing under normal circumstances. Moreover, it is not the same as a crime of opportunity because the opportunity only exists to tempt a person, instead of it being inadvertent. For example, a person may want to (and has done so for a long time), but if you stick him in a room with nothing but junkfood in an attempt to get him to break, is it fair to say that he is weak willed? Of course not, under normal circumstances he would never touch, but in that situation the temptation was too great to pass up.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Well thats the angle I was looking at, if I'm just cruising around, shooting down I4 or something, I don't instantly drop 3 gears everytime I see a Fbody or mustang thinking hey I'm gonna race this guy. So they would have to provoke me, which you are stating is illegal, and I think if I was ever in this situation a lawyer would def. be involved.

If FL would have more tracks this wouldn't happen as much, the police in my area just tell you to take it somewhere else. Well where the hell do you want us to go??
Old 05-19-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

I've been pulled over a few times doing some pretty radical driving ... nothing high-speed, just hard hits on the back tires. The cops here (except for the guy named Pickeltimer) will let you go most of the time unless you're doing something stupid in traffic or running around picking racing with everything on the road ... at least that's been my experience. When they run my tags, my car comes back clean, so, that helps. I think in Lake Mary and Seminole County we have some pretty good law enforcement.

The bottom line really is that if you run around town hot-******* and intimidating people, you'll eventually rev on the wrong guy and he'll arrest you. If an undercover officer rev's at you a little and you race him, he'll likely nail ya'. The entrapment thing will only fly in court if an undercover officer blatantly plays cat-n-mouse with you and makes it really obvious he's pressuring you to race him. When you do, you still better have witnesses and a damned good attorney. I've launched HARD on a couple of these umarked cars from a redlight but let off before breaking the tires in 2nd (A4). Both smiled and nodded ... next time I might not be so lucky. I have decided to quit while I'm ahead, so, not saying I won't race somebody. If I do it will only be because they pick a fight with me and I will lead them out of town first, as I always have.

I raced an off-duty '03-'04 Cobra. He literally turned around and ran me down. Didn't know he was a cop and told him I would run him, but, only if we took it out on the 4-lane oustide of the city limits where there's no traffic. We went from a roll and he beat me. That was before my heads and some other stuff went on ... saw him later and he was in uniform. I about **** my pants.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

My record is clean at the moment also, you also won't find me hauling *** down through town either.

The road where I got my talking to is the straightest most traffic free road around here, then I get told to take it somewhere else. So the nearest track is a hour and a half to two hours away, and isn't open every single day, so where does this officer expect me to take it somewhere else, if I can't run it on the safest thing around other than a track? It seems illogical that such a statement was made, he didn't tell me to go to a track he just said, "Take it somewhere else."
Old 05-19-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Well sunshine is closer than a hour and a half, but that place pisses me off! $20 and I got two runs in? How am I ever going to learn how to launch this thing if I only get 2 passes in? My *** should move to NC, people get like 30 passes a day in up there.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

I hear ya'. It takes about 35-45 minutes to get to Bithlo from where I live and it's the same way ... gotta' fight traffic redlight-to-redlight to get there. Once you get there, you're lucky to get 2-3 runs in if you get there early enough. I think I'm going to head over to BMP to do my first run ... just waiting and biding my time to put a pair of MT Street Drag radials on the back corners before going though. I might head down to OSW/Bithlo just to get a couple practice launches in on the Nitto's. Hopefully. they'll build some more tracks closer to Orlando and elsewhere and prep them well.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not that anyone here needs to worry about it, but I was in NJ visiting family a year or so ago. They had the stupidest funniest thing I had ever seen. It was a fully dressed scooter. Looked like the Harleys with all its police garb on it, but it was a scooter. Funniest thing I had ever seen. We laughed at it out loud. They proceded to pull us over with a full size Yukon. We were in my cousin's Corolla. They then realized half my family was on the force and let us go. They warned us about laughing at the scooter and we told them we wouldnt laugh next time, we would laugh and POINT.

It is good to know people. I wouldnt dare do that here, but when your Uncle is the boss...........well lets just say you get away with a little more.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, my cousin is senior man on his watch with the FHP here Central Forida area. He's has about 65 troopers under him. He's out of Troop D Deland. I don't ask him for help myself, but, he's a great guy and has helped my son, recently. I'll leave it at that, but, I hear what you're saying. When family is in charge, it's sometimes advantageous. I'll ask him about the undecover guys rev'ing to get you to race them ... him, his sister/brother, and his mom and dad will be coming over for a get-together in about two weeks. I'll aks him and post up here to disspell all the rumors about it.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Theres a Gray Mustang 05 or 06 in Sanford usually patrolling the start of 417 with a "procharger" license plate frame. Dunno if hes really blown or not.. Seen him on the side of the road with people pulled over a few times tho.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ask him how boost he's running, and what's he putting down at the tires,
Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hawaii has all kinds of undercover cop cars.

A myriad or suvs, v6 mustangs, g35s, and v6 chargers.

The only modded cop cars I see are some GT/Mach1 mustangs, z28/ss camaros, and a couple hemi/srt chargers/magnums.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 396D1SS
around here they have a few gt's and some vw bugs
really? i dont think i would stop for a vw bug.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

me and my buddy were in hid dakota one day and a jso officer pulled up next to us at a light in his silverado ss and was like wanna race my buddy was like uh no your a cop hes like im off duty my buddy was like no then the cop took off and we were like yea

Quick Reply: undercover cop car