Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Mike Norris LSx Chassis Dyno Tuning in Ft Myers 7/20-7/21

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manny I have 20 bucks that heads won't get you over 400rwhp.

I wanna see what both zo6's end up with. I will be there and my Father will be joining me as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

You think my car is cursed and destined to stay in the 300 hp range? Considering that 98 heads are the worst flowing heads, don't you think that better heads will help my car even more than a 01 or 02 car that has better heads to begin with? I have seen quite a few people on here that have the same cam as mine and got past 400 with heads.

So.... why do you think I'll be stuck at 3xx?
Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MannyZ28
So.... why do you think I'll be stuck at 3xx?
Because you want it so bad. Stop chasing Dyno numbers and run the bitch down at the track.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

so what did everything put down?? car/mods/numbers, pics would be cool too
Old 07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by melchoir
Because you want it so bad. Stop chasing Dyno numbers and run the bitch down at the track.
If I did that...it'd be even more depressing....I suck at being hard on my car, hence the dyno obsession. It's just a goal I want to achieve.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

If I did that...it'd be even more depressing....I suck at being hard on my car, hence the dyno obsession. It's just a goal I want to achieve.
What's... the point? If you never actually use the power you're paying so much money for, then why waste the money? You probably don't race it, you sound like you're afraid to go WOT on it.. so why spend thousands on something that you'll essentially NEVER see.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

lets just hit it with a 150 shot and call it a day, at least you will hit your number.

The blue Z06 hit like 378 or something, and the silver 06 Zo6 didn't do as goo as it could have because of a faulty 02 sensor but still put down 460 something.

Manny I am just busting your *****- but you need to beat the **** out of your car more often.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

tonight he got it up to 80mph (true story) haha
Old 07-21-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by presto_z
tonight he got it up to 80mph (true story) haha
That's right! Had a hot girl in the car...merged onto 776 from some side street, it hooked in first, and spun pretty damn good in second...but kept it straight. Those KD tires hook way better than my old Yokos ever did. She loved it....said it was fun....lets do it again!

Why do I have a HP goal? Why not? It's my money I spent on it, why risk it by losing control of the car, killing someone else in some accident, or getting arrested for street racing and getting the car impounded. I just like knowing that the power is there. I just have a different philosophy than you boys do, after all, don't forget that I am 35 already!

I have 4.10s in a stock rear end with fairly sticky wide tires, I don't want to break my rear end yet, that's another reason why I try to baby it. Also, I bought the car brand new, so it has sentimental value to me, I just take care of my stuff and like upgrading it. I do race on occasion, last one was 2 weeks ago against a brand new Boxster S.....pulled on him by the end of first and the show was completely over after I hit second.

Different strokes for different folks....what can I say!

376 on the C5 Z06....what was done to it?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:30 AM
12 Second Club

That's right! Had a hot girl in the car...merged onto 776 from some side street, it hooked in first, and spun pretty damn good in second...but kept it straight. Those KD tires hook way better than my old Yokos ever did. She loved it....said it was fun....lets do it again!

Why do I have a HP goal? Why not? It's my money I spent on it, why risk it by losing control of the car, killing someone else in some accident, or getting arrested for street racing and getting the car impounded. I just like knowing that the power is there. I just have a different philosophy than you boys do, after all, don't forget that I am 35 already!

I have 4.10s in a stock rear end with fairly sticky wide tires, I don't want to break my rear end yet, that's another reason why I try to baby it. Also, I bought the car brand new, so it has sentimental value to me, I just take care of my stuff and like upgrading it. I do race on occasion, last one was 2 weeks ago against a brand new Boxster S.....pulled on him by the end of first and the show was completely over after I hit second.

Different strokes for different folks....what can I say!

376 on the C5 Z06....what was done to it?
I'm betting intake/LTs on the C5z06 for starters.

Secondly, that hot girl sounds like she's got a bigger pair then you. Maybe she'll loosen YOU up and let you enjoy your car the way it's ment to be.
You're not driving a temperamental Ferrari here, you have a reliable F-body that NEEDS some "abuse" to know it's place in the world.

I baby my car too. I haven't been in a street race in.. **** I don't even remember. I haven't been to the track since 12/06. BUT, I still let my car stretch it's legs every now and again. And will be going to the track soon.

I see your post as a double edged sword. You want a lot of power that you basicly state that you will never use, but want to "know that it's there."
This to me seems dangerous. If the only WOT your ride ever sees is on the Dyno, and one day you're showing off to Mrs. Hottie in the passanger seat, you could put both your lives at risk by not knowing how to handle the newfound power in the car.

I'm mostly busting your *****, we all have some sort of goals and it IS your money. You know the weakness in your car, and making more power is not the answer. Instead of trying to make up for some dyno number, for roughly the same money buy a 12bolt instead. This way you can actually consider enjoying the car if you want to, instead of waiting for the time bomb to explode.

Plus, if you get a 12bolt you won't be afraid of seeing what the REAL numbers on the car are, the ones from the track.. This is just something to consider.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by melchoir
Secondly, that hot girl sounds like she's got a bigger pair then you. Maybe she'll loosen YOU up and let you enjoy your car the way it's ment to be.
You're not driving a temperamental Ferrari here, you have a reliable F-body that NEEDS some "abuse" to know it's place in the world.

I baby my car too. I haven't been in a street race in.. **** I don't even remember. I haven't been to the track since 12/06. BUT, I still let my car stretch it's legs every now and again. And will be going to the track soon.

I see your post as a double edged sword. You want a lot of power that you basicly state that you will never use, but want to "know that it's there."
This to me seems dangerous. If the only WOT your ride ever sees is on the Dyno, and one day you're showing off to Mrs. Hottie in the passanger seat, you could put both your lives at risk by not knowing how to handle the newfound power in the car.

I'm mostly busting your *****, we all have some sort of goals and it IS your money. You know the weakness in your car, and making more power is not the answer. Instead of trying to make up for some dyno number, for roughly the same money buy a 12bolt instead. This way you can actually consider enjoying the car if you want to, instead of waiting for the time bomb to explode.

Plus, if you get a 12bolt you won't be afraid of seeing what the REAL numbers on the car are, the ones from the track.. This is just something to consider.
why dont u quit worrying about what everyone else is doing with their car and worry about your own. the guy wants to make 400rwhp then he should try and make 400 rwhp. if he doesnt want to race it then thats his perogative. not everyone builds a car to drag race it. maybe u should spend some more time working on your and less on the inetrnet worry about everyone elses. then u could get some "real" numbers out of that pickle u drive. order your heads manny.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

With every mod I make...trust me, I try it out before I do something stupid with someone else in the car. That's why I hit it when the road was totally clear with only me on it.

The 10 bolt is only a timebomb if you go to the track with slicks and launch at 5000 rpm...I don't intend to do that. I was relieved a bit that it spun tires pretty good when it hit second, because, as we all know...spinning tires means the rear end will live another day. I am pleased with all the suspension stuff that I did to it too, it really kept the spinning action nice and smooth, not even a hint of wheel hop.

Heads are coming next year
Old 07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
12 Second Club

Heads are coming next year
Did you decide on what set yet? I've been in a toss up between LS6 and 5.3s myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

No I don't know yet. Got some time before I have to make that decision.

Quick Reply: Mike Norris LSx Chassis Dyno Tuning in Ft Myers 7/20-7/21