Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Code enforcment

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWon00
The officer stated in the case isn't a Law Enforcement Officer rather a City Code Enforcement officer.
That actually explains a lot.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

City code enforcement can kiss my butt. My Z28 isn't moving until it's running again.
(duh ) But seriously, if they give me a ticket for it, I'm gonna go in the house, get a lighter, and burn said ticket. I live out on the outskirts of Plant City, on private property, no homeowner's associations or anything like that.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Launching!

I have the same problem where I live, except my SS is tagged and clean, isn't an eyesore, it's just not a DD. I get hassled all the time over it.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jon I am going to call Code enforcement on you because your not putting a stall in during the swap.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is why I hate all those Deed Restricted communities and such. I would never live in one. My neighbor complains about this 91 firebird we have out front, we tell her to stop worrying about it, complains that our driveway looks like ****, and the answer back is her yard isn't going to be in some damned magazine or something. basically we end it with we aren't in some gated deed restricted community, so live with it.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
just get the ugliest pos that runs and put it in your front yard paint it like 10 different colors and just let it sit there my dad had an old dodge truck in the back yard of his house one time it was untagged well CE came around and they were like that truck is an eysore and its not tagged so iwent to the courthouse got it tagged and insured and parked it in the front yard been there for a year lol
Sounds familiar...

Bought a decent looking Astro Van when I was moving from old house w/ 3 car 24x32 garage on 1.3 acres (no homeowner's association) to new house w/ 40x60 garage on 3 acres (also w/ VFN- very few neighbors-). I was building my TA at the time, and had cars in the other two stalls so the van sat outside the garage 50' off the road w/ no tag on it since I wasn't ready to use it and didn't see the need to pay tag & insurance until I was.

Neighborhood **** called code enforcement about the "inoperable" vehicle in the driveway, so I pulled out my registered & insured old multi-colored Corvair and used some flourescent orange marking paint to put the below stuff on it:
  • Hammer & sickle (Communist symbol for the younger folks)
  • "Operational"
  • "How do you like me now?"

Also threw in some duct tape around the bumpers & mirrors and around the windows. I parked it next to the road so all could see it easily.

My question is, how much of your property taxes do these people pay? If none, what gives them the right to say/regulate what type of vehicle YOU have on YOUR property or what YOU are doing with YOUR vehicle???

I'll never live around other people due to foolishness like this.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

When you buy a house, it MUST be disclosed that there is a HOA. You even have to sign a paper to that effect. Our problem was that we specifically asked about things that we were concerned about and the sales guy lied to us. So when we signed we did not know how bad these rules would be.

They even went as far as to send out violations to the police officers that live in the neigborhood because they were parking their squad cars in the driveway. It is a violation of the rules.

They went a little overboard on the parking rules, and even el presidente of the HOA cant even decifer the rules correctly. The lawyer we consulted told us the letter of the rule actually says you cannot even park a car in the driveway, and you cant leave your garage open except when you are pulling the car in or out.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow now that is crazy. They better provide you with a huge *** garage when you buy your house then.

When I move out of my parent's house, I'm going to live in the more "rural" areas.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

i dont get it is this only in florida? and why the hell cant oyu leave your car on stands or on your lawn??
Old 07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

you should see what we have gone thru with the one who runs it here in
Nassau County. she is a real piece of work. she has been out to our house
several times. we live out in the woods, not in the city limits.
we have 3 older cars in the back yard and all are covered, she even gave
us a hard time about the jet skis back there too. i tried to be polite and
told her they are recreational/seasonal toys. she proceeded to tell me that we had to move everything. i forgot to mention that 2 of them have dead tag affidavid's on them because they are over 20yrs. she didnt like that.
i told her that i am going to pull a good one and there is nothing that she
can do. i am going to put up a 12ft. tee-pee and make a smoke house out
of it. you should have seen her face when i told her that i can prove my indian heritage over 100 years back.
im pretty sure that her son who has a bird very similar to mine, is on this board. he has gotten me into trouble with the local and county cops. he races and tears up the streets all night long. they showed up in my
driveway to look at my car. what a shock they got when they saw mine
was in her spot and the motor was cold. the other cop was on the radio saying that he was following this kid.

Sorry for the Rant, bit I HATE the so called code enforcment. they can
BITE ME!!!

Quick Reply: Code enforcment