Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anybody going to SpeedWorld tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody going to SpeedWorld tonight?

I went out to SW on Wednesday and got rained out. That was my first time seeing the track. I'm new to Florida, so the weather patterns perplex me. Most every day I've been here so far, it rains a little, then stops. But on Weds it started raining and got out of control.

I'm watching the weather right now, because I don't want to waste $20 again and get rained out. I can't tell whether tonight will be a drizzle or a pour night.

Anyways, how is tech at SW? I know each track has certain things they stress on. I'm running a mid to high 13 sec car.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mistermetoo
I went out to SW on Wednesday and got rained out. That was my first time seeing the track. I'm new to Florida, so the weather patterns perplex me. Most every day I've been here so far, it rains a little, then stops. But on Weds it started raining and got out of control.

I'm watching the weather right now, because I don't want to waste $20 again and get rained out. I can't tell whether tonight will be a drizzle or a pour night.

Anyways, how is tech at SW? I know each track has certain things they stress on. I'm running a mid to high 13 sec car.
Generally in Florida during the summer, just expect rain. Tech is real laid back. One of our local members runs tech there, I'm sure he'll post up in this thread. You won't have anything to worry about running 13.5+.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

I'm giving up on OSW until it gets cooler and stops with the 50% chance of rain every day.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MikeG
I'm giving up on OSW until it gets cooler and stops with the 50% chance of rain every day.
just wait till fun ford weekend or something else big. they dont prep for regular w/f test n tune nights (from an employee)
Old 07-27-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah the rain..... I've never been to a 1/4 track, and I'm going to wait til the fall. OSW is over 2 1/2 hour drive for me so........
Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

Contrary to popular belief, we do prep on test and tune nights. On points nights, however, we do prep the starting line with VHT. On TNT nights, we spray the track with STC Strip Grip.

The only problem you guys might face as far as traction is concerned are the ricers who drag the water through the box and onto the starting line.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

osw=mph, gainsville=et, good thing is the 10 bolt will survive there

Last edited by Hennytime; 07-27-2007 at 11:46 PM.