Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Military jets over orlando

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the air wings here in florida roam over a pretty large area....the eagles up here at the ANG base cover most of florida...believe its the 125th fighter wing....so to see planes over your house could just mean they are moving around or something....avon park is right down south of orlando
Old 08-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think King's bay sub base is going anywhere..I dont mind Trident subs because they are our first and last line of defense. They are quieter than a mouse fart, and the infrastructure needed to support them cant be moved easily. Mayport is probably on its way out, and thats a shame, because its the perfect location for a naval base. There are a great many things that must be done to station a Nimitz class group in JAX, and the backwards populous wont agree to it.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just remember when I was stationed out in Lemoore, CA, they were talking about closing down Miramar. I think it is still going to happen, the Lemoore base has been growing. Why is that base on the chopping block? People bitching about noise. So obviously the general populous by some of the bases can care less about their service people, all those people will have to leave beautiful Miramar to go up to the semi-desert I spent 3 years at. At least the people in Kings county out there in CA realize what a large part a military base plays in the economy.

Quick Reply: Military jets over orlando