Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Whos in Gainesville???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The main issue is my clutch at this point. Basically, it will not fully lock up on command when it is slipping under launching conditions. If I don't leave at around 2000rpm and then fully release, it will slip and lock up on its own free will. When it is fully locked up, it holds power fine. My theory thus far is that it is glazed. Its a street organic disk, so I don't expect a whole lot out of it. I was pretty surprised that it held 378ft/lbs of torque.. Its only rated to 267ft/lbs, but ACT always underrates their clutches.

On my new setup, boost threshold is an issue, even for trap speed. But I am going to run the two-step on my AEM to fix that..
Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
Gainesville is pretty fun once you get to know everyone. I used to think it sucked for cars as well, but then I went to the Ale house one night and met the right people. I have gone every chance I get ever since. The best thing about the Ale House club is the lack of biased opinions. Everyone there is pretty much open to any car, performance oriented, even if it didn't come from the factory with performance in mind.

Ignore the ricers that sit farthest from the road.
Best advice you can get.

Cory! Why'd you make your way on over to LS1tech?
Old 08-15-2007, 06:31 AM

I was searching around for a good machine shop in Jacksonville.

You ever get your car fixed from that indicent with your pushrods?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nissanfanatic
I was searching around for a good machine shop in Jacksonville.

You ever get your car fixed from that indicent with your pushrods?
I wish I could give you some insight for a machine shop in Jax -- the only ones I know of are in South Orlando and the one in Tampa I'm probably going to use in the next couple months.

It turned out I collapsed a few lifters and bent some pushrods on a backfire when it leaned out too much. It has been resolved since then and retuned in May. Now its running out of fuel, so I'm waiting on some injectors and a walboro before I can get it tuned once more.

Right now the Camaro is assuming DD Duties, so I'm treating her nice for the time being.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:30 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget Southard Machine in Bronson. Only about 20 miles from Gainesville and they do a bunch of circle track stuff (plus stuff for Rollins Auto as well).

Bummer to hear the red beast chewed some stuff recently Joe. Hope she's back to form soon. I had to replace the anti-posi in the Formula recently, and that sucked out $600 quickly!

Derek
Old 08-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=nissanfanatic]I was searching around for a good machine shop in Jacksonville.QUOTE]

Do you live in the Jacksonville area or Gainesville?
Old 08-18-2007, 12:31 PM

I stay in Jacksonville through the week and come home to Gainesville on the weekends.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im here guys any meets commin before thursday?? if so can some one PM me a address. Maybe ill stop by if i can and meet some of you guys. Im also staying at gainesville place if anyone is staying around area. that
Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackbird00
im here guys any meets commin before thursday?? if so can some one PM me a address. Maybe ill stop by if i can and meet some of you guys. Im also staying at gainesville place if anyone is staying around area. that
Have fun in Gainesville Place.
Just walk around on a Thurs/Fri/Sat Night and find a party to crash.

Quick Reply: Whos in Gainesville???