Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

new parts!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default new parts!

New parts are about all gathered up. Install will start the 18th...hoping to be well into the 11's with traction and nice weather!

Part list
-SLP long tubes
-3" piping for true duals with x-pipe and magnaflow 4x9 ovals (under axle)
-HPTuners software w/ LC1 wideband
-MS4 camshaft from texas speed (239/242 .649"/.609" 111 LSA)
-PRC dual spring kit with titanium retainers (good to .660" lift)
-Chromoly pushrods
-LS2 timing chain
-Ported LS6 Oil pump
-ported stock TB

Parts already on the car
-Midwest 3500 stall torque converter
-LS6 intake
-SLP lid w/ K&N filter

Will be installing at my buddy's place up in gainesville. Hoping to hit rawlings automotive (spelling) for a dyno run afterwards, then gainesville raceway on the 22nd!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hellz ya man.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

damn... $$$... hehe.. maybe I'll see that beast on the 8th at gainville for the stang vs. GTO thing. You going to that?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not seeing heads in your list or sig. That MS4 cam will be nice if you can flow enough air to take advantage of it. If you don't already have non-stock heads, take it from 'the master of doing twice', now is the time to do the heads if you can swing it. And you're gonna' need a 90/90 setup to take full advantage. Car's gonna' be a killer, for sure. Good luck and hope all goes well with your installs ... nice choice of parts, BTW.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Not seeing heads in your list or sig. That MS4 cam will be nice if you can flow enough air to take advantage of it. If you don't already have non-stock heads, take it from 'the master of doing twice', now is the time to do the heads if you can swing it. And you're gonna' need a 90/90 setup to take full advantage. Car's gonna' be a killer, for sure. Good luck and hope all goes well with your installs ... nice choice of parts, BTW.
Thanks! Fast 90/90 and ported ls6's are in the future. Money only allowed what u see in the pic. I was only gonna do the exhaust, plugs, and wires. But then I though that since I had the whole week off from work, and 2 and a half car garage to work in, and a friend who has expierence in engine building....might as well do a cam. After researching for a nice/big cam (car is driven a lot, but not DD) I cam with up with the MS4. Plans for down the road is the heads and 90/90, then 150 shot, along with proper suspension upgrade and 12 bolt. And when the engine goes, I'll probably go forged internals with a bigger nitrous shot. I'm doing everything with the end project in mind. That's why when i originally bought the exhaust supply, I did 3" knowing i'd be using a big cam with heads eventually.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyperzone
damn... $$$... hehe.. maybe I'll see that beast on the 8th at gainville for the stang vs. GTO thing. You going to that?

Can't make it for that. Gotta work that weekend, and I'm already taking enough time off this week, and some time off in October. I might make it to the domestic gathering at don garlits on the 16th of sept though, looks like fun.

But, surgery begins today. I will have pics, open header vids, exhaust vids, driving vids, dyno vids, dyno sheet, drag times and vids, etc, etc, when it's all done!!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

converter is small for that huge cam.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
converter is small for that huge cam.
I'll let you know how it feels on tuesday when I get her up and on the road for some tuning
Old 08-19-2007, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Hey, Hows it going? Look like you have your work cut out for ya this weekend. Me and a friend went to g-ville last Wed. we were thinking about hitting it up again next week. Let me know if you go...

Quick Reply: new parts!