TECH Addict

That's funny LOL!!!!
Old 08-19-2007 | 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any updates? Pricing?
Old 08-19-2007 | 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Hey Mike,

It would be great to see you for sure and if the board is ready that would just be a bonus.

As far as pricing goes, there will be an announcement as early as tomorrow in relation to the Grand Opening (Grand Re-Opening??) shindig as well as some special pricing to celebrate. I am supposed to have a meeting tomorrow AM and sign the lease and from there I am open to get things officially rolling.

So keep an eye open here and all questions should be answered. Once folks see some pricing it will be worth the wait. And again I want to says thanks for all the kind words and support. It should be a great end to 2007 and beginning of taking lessons learned over the past three years and applying them to this business to make things better for the clients and customers as well as myself and my family.

Mike Norris
Old 08-19-2007 | 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
Hey Mike,

It would be great to see you for sure and if the board is ready that would just be a bonus.

As far as pricing goes, there will be an announcement as early as tomorrow in relation to the Grand Opening (Grand Re-Opening??) shindig as well as some special pricing to celebrate. I am supposed to have a meeting tomorrow AM and sign the lease and from there I am open to get things officially rolling.

So keep an eye open here and all questions should be answered. Once folks see some pricing it will be worth the wait. And again I want to says thanks for all the kind words and support. It should be a great end to 2007 and beginning of taking lessons learned over the past three years and applying them to this business to make things better for the clients and customers as well as myself and my family.

Mike Norris
kick *** seabass..
Old 08-21-2007 | 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Hey All,

I did get the keys to the new shop to start moving things in, but they are still putting in AC in the office as well as some other finishing up to do. That will pretty much put the kibosh on a Sept 1st Grand Opening get togther for now as it does not leave a lot of time to get things up, running and finished.

What I can at least do is get the new address out there which is:

Norris Motorsports, LLC
101 First Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787

Here is a Google map to the new shop:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=101+1s...i=map&ct=title

It is about 1.5 miles from exit 24 of the 429 toll Road, about 3 miles from exit 267B of the FL Turnpike and less then a mile north of 50. If folks remember the original location in Ocoee, it is about 2 miles or so from that location.

If y'all want we can work on another date for a Grand Opening as I am fairly open and the cooler weather is coming soon also

Thanks again for all the support and as promised, special prices will be up by the end of this weekend.

Mike Norris
Old 08-21-2007 | 04:05 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Nice. Only 4 miles from my house.
Old 08-21-2007 | 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Nice. Only 4 miles from my house.
(napoleon dynamite voice) LUCKY
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

4.46 miles. not far from your original location. not good for me. might get into a habit of stopping in before getting home.
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:40 PM
Banned

Cool deal Mike! Post pics as soon as you have it lookin good
Old 08-21-2007 | 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Good stuff Mike ... just let us know when you're opening ... when you know.
Old 08-22-2007 | 05:33 AM
12 Second Club

Very nice Mike, you're shop is only 6.5 mls from my house, damn right, Now I might be comming to your shop every day, I hope you wont get tired of me and my black widow.lol. I would need help on which stall to get for my babe, ttyl, glad u got the keys, holler if u need any help moving stuff this weekend, ttyl, Jeff
Old 08-25-2007 | 05:01 AM
Staging Lane

Looks like you're located in a hotbed of F-Body's ... see a lot of Corvette's in that area, too. It's looks like you're on your way to bigger and better things and you'll be top competition as you always have been. I'll be there at your opening and will try and bring a few more cars along ... as several folks have been wanting to get together and ride down there to your new place when you open up. Keep us informed here. BTW, are you taking orders for parts sales now?
Old 08-25-2007 | 06:50 PM
FormerVendor

Hey All,

Once again I am overwhelmed with the support to say the least The dyno is in place, the lifts go up Monday and hopefully will have an operating office by Tuesday. Still a lot to do but a lot easier to set up 3000 SF as compared to 13,000 SF from the last time.

FullBoreTA,

First, thanks for starting the thread and second, yes I am and was always taking parts orders. The website should be ready before long and set up as a shopping cart. For now anyone can call me if they need anything at all.

Thanks again folks.

Mike Norris
Old 08-26-2007 | 09:19 AM
9 Second Club

Mike,

Where are u opening, Im in south florida but have a condo in winter garden. I AM A COMPULSIVE BUYER AND NEED stuff!!!!! I WAnT TO PICK UR BRAIN...lol
Old 08-26-2007 | 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

Lmao, Got The Map, When I Get Up There, Ill Come Check The Shop Out, Ur About 1 Mile From My Spot.
Old 08-26-2007 | 12:15 PM
9 Second Club

Mike, If you need any help just ask...
Good luck with the new place.
Roy.
Old 08-26-2007 | 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

What all kind of work will you be offering?
Old 08-26-2007 | 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks again everyone. Roy it was good seeing you the past couple days and thanks for the offer. Here is a quick rundown of what I plan on doing with the business that I posted on the Corvette Forum.

"My main business will be:

LSx tuning, both the simple & basic to full chassis dyno tuning.

Retail parts sales.

Internet parts sales.

Travel to other shops for tuning out of area customers.

Bolt on installs such as headers, exhaust, pulleys, forced induction, nitrous, clutches, torque converters, transmission assemblies installed, rear end assemblies installed, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades.

At this time and for as far as I can tell, I do not plan on doing any internal engine work, trans disassembly & repair, rear end disassembly & repair. The current owner of the property does not want to have any environmental issues and as long as quantities of oil are not invloved he is cool with any automotive work. I may be able to do a cam swap type of work and am still talking to the owner on that avenue.

I still do own my Dynojet 248 chassis dyno and will be in house so folks can get before and after horsepower results without extra cost.

I just felt I should be open and up front of what my business is about at this time. I have had a lot of support from everyone and the kind words are greatly appreciated from clients and other vendors and shops alike.

Please also remember that I am a one man show just as I was back in the starter days, well except for my wife, who is invaluable. What this means is that the person you talk to is the person doing the work and if there is an issue, there is only one person to go to. It also means that the procress of getting a job done may not be a quick as some other shops and that scheduling could get to be an issue if there is a tight timeline needed. But truly a one on one owner to client experience."

This should help give a good idea on what I will be doing for now. Thanks again.

Mike Norris
Old 08-26-2007 | 08:39 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Good luck with the re-opening and all the best.

Quick Reply: Norris Motorsports ... Grand Opening