Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Seminole Community College Car Show - Oct 20

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007 | 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 92slowmaro
damn for 75 bucks it better dyno high has hell so i feel good about myself and spending that much. hahahaha
Haha the dyno guy is coming up from Ft. Myers.
Old 10-06-2007 | 11:06 AM
Teching In

It is a little high to help him with gas and insurance reasons
Old 10-11-2007 | 08:49 PM
On The Tree

I know $75 seems kinda high, but it is a state of the art set-up, and the guy is working with me big time. He paid for the insurance to be on our campus, is driving up from Ft. Myers to support the cause, and seems happy to do so, as his nephew, Jordan is in my program. It was very easy to say yes to him. Please support him, it's only a couple of more bucks than you normally pay, I have 8 cars comitted already not including Ryan.

Sponsors so far:

Matco Tools
Next Level Performance
Corvette Masters
Napa Auto Parts
Discount Tire
SMC Automotive
Saturn of Orlando
Enterprise rental

105.9 pending for a live on location. Not sure if they can do it yet.

A few more sponsors pending....

A couple of drag cars will be there, an old fire truck, and I already have the Vectrix full electric motor scooter on campus.( 63 mph, really cool)

Next Level is caravaning some cars out to the show. I hope you guys can all make it. Even if you don't want to enter your car, please come and support SCC by checking this event out.
Old 10-13-2007 | 08:36 AM
Teching In

you should see the burnouts with the electric bike haha
Old 10-13-2007 | 01:56 PM
Teching In

the scooter is badass 65 mph
Old 10-13-2007 | 01:57 PM
Teching In

srry 63
Old 10-15-2007 | 04:45 PM
Teching In

my question is haha how does earl keep his job if he can read somethinng rite the first time haha just playing
Old 10-15-2007 | 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody else coming out?

I wanna see some F and Y bodies.
Old 10-15-2007 | 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

LOL 75 bucks for 2 pulls? Most shops charge $50-60 with A/F. boost, and print out. Shops usually charge $75 for an hour of dyno time. Also if its not a dyno jet the numbers will be off and not accurate. Just because he is coming from Ft Myers doesnt mean he can come and rip people off for 2 pulls. From what ive read VMP tuning has a Dynojet Model 224xLC and charges $60 with HP, TQ, A/F, boost, and a printout. Good luck with the $75 though.
Old 10-15-2007 | 06:11 PM
Teching In

I definitely want to see some old school muscle such as Chevelles and Novas!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2007 | 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
LOL 75 bucks for 2 pulls? Most shops charge $50-60 with A/F. boost, and print out. Shops usually charge $75 for an hour of dyno time. Also if its not a dyno jet the numbers will be off and not accurate. Just because he is coming from Ft Myers doesnt mean he can come and rip people off for 2 pulls. From what ive read VMP tuning has a Dynojet Model 224xLC and charges $60 with HP, TQ, A/F, boost, and a printout. Good luck with the $75 though.

First, I think he has a dynojet too.

Second, a dynojet is not the most accurate dyno. The name dynojet doesn't guarantee you the best results. Maybe the highest numbers, but I know I don't have a "Dyno Queen" It's a useful tool to see how your car performs. An eddycurrent dyno provides a more realistic comparison to actual road conditions. DynoJet makes one, but it's not the standard model.

Third, Justin at VMP Tuning was not willing to work with me on this show, required money up front, and wanted me to pay his insurance rider, and guarantee him all the cars up front. For someone running his first show, it was way more trouble than it was worth, but I guess everyone has his opinion.

So.... for an extra $15 to support a worthy cause, like the Automotive Programs at SCC, and help out someone who is willing to drive 4 hours and be a good sport about it is not a good idea? That equates to wings and a dring at Hooters.

Someone in my backyard was not as easy to deal with as a guy from Ft. Myers. As far as him ripping you off? You didn't have all the facts, so how can I hold that against you? I mean even you said, from everything you READ.

I keep telling the students that you can't become a car expert from reading forums. Guys in my class read this one good, it's a perfect example.
Old 10-16-2007 | 07:01 AM
12 Second Club

ill be there provided my car is out of the paint booth.
Old 10-16-2007 | 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ill be there for about the first hour and see how things are but i have to leave at about 9 to make ti to work hope there is a good showing though ive been giving out flyers like crazy.
Old 10-16-2007 | 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
****** NJ, what the hell are you doing in this forum anyways?
Old 10-16-2007 | 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

UCF game...
Old 10-17-2007 | 02:48 PM
Teching In

I will be there. I really want to get my car dynoed, but low paying job = LOW FUNDS!!! I will see what i can do.
Old 10-17-2007 | 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

my buddy posted that......i told him to make a disclaimer that it wasnt me..... i have no idea what shop is what and who rips who off or what not.

if i was down there, id be there. im all for good causes

-brandon
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:09 AM
Teching In

Yea I'm sure
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SScamaro
First, I think he has a dynojet too.

Second, a dynojet is not the most accurate dyno. The name dynojet doesn't guarantee you the best results. Maybe the highest numbers, but I know I don't have a "Dyno Queen" It's a useful tool to see how your car performs. An eddycurrent dyno provides a more realistic comparison to actual road conditions. DynoJet makes one, but it's not the standard model.

Third, Justin at VMP Tuning was not willing to work with me on this show, required money up front, and wanted me to pay his insurance rider, and guarantee him all the cars up front. For someone running his first show, it was way more trouble than it was worth, but I guess everyone has his opinion.

So.... for an extra $15 to support a worthy cause, like the Automotive Programs at SCC, and help out someone who is willing to drive 4 hours and be a good sport about it is not a good idea? That equates to wings and a dring at Hooters.

Someone in my backyard was not as easy to deal with as a guy from Ft. Myers. As far as him ripping you off? You didn't have all the facts, so how can I hold that against you? I mean even you said, from everything you READ.

I keep telling the students that you can't become a car expert from reading forums. Guys in my class read this one good, it's a perfect example.
Jason, I don't think saying that I am hard to deal with is fair. I simply have to protect my own interests, just like you have to do. I have $100,000 invested in my mobile dyno business + individual event costs like insurance and employees. It's not an effective business model to spend a whole day at an event and only run 5 cars, I need to have minimums.

The dyno debate is often filled with mis-information. The bottom line, just about every dyno brand out there, including some big ones like Mustang Dyno and Dyno Dynamics, let the operator change the power output to their liking. Some leave it a lone, some try to make it look like a Dynojet, others inflate the numbers so their shop looks better. At the end of the day, Dynojet is the only dyno out there that can not be inflated. There is the load debate, but I can also show you how it makes no difference in WOT power on a 460RWHP heads/cam Z06, as I have a loaded dynojet.

Hopefully you can find out what kind of dyno it is and let everyone on here know.

I hope this first show goes well for you and I will try to make it out there for at least an hour or two.
Old 10-18-2007 | 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

I'll be there with both my cars. Ahh, I mean, mine and my wifes car. lol

Quick Reply: Seminole Community College Car Show - Oct 20