Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

anyone know a good ls1 mechanic in south florida ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer88
Cobrakiller........these guys and they don't street race just the track. Only hands to work on my car.
Yup, only other hands than mine too touch the car!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by metalic5
downin miami there was a shop called GM Express but they kinda dissapeared and i havent heard anything about them since..... if any one knows where they have gone please post... i do know they were prestty good, i know when the first z06 ls6 vettes were out they had one doing 9's after a few months, it was a yellow z06, it was a bad car.

Yeah, my cousin beat that car, on the track, and on the street. That car was totaled...it hit the wall at about 120mph, and grabbed about 15 feet of air. The entire driveline is now in my cousins garage, motor, torque tube, trans, etc etc...
Old 01-09-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

No one around can verify that car went 9's.......first of all, it was at Moroso a handful of times. Had it gone 11.99 at the time they would have been tossed off the track for no roll cage (pre pure for stock ET change) The car went to the Vette Viper Shootout at BMP a few years ago and other Z06's walked all over it..... and never made a full solid pass......again on the brakes as his did showboating at OSW before he wrecked.

That car was possibly a mid to low 11 second car. There is no proof 9's came out of that car at any of the tracks from the times it's gone hitting the brakes.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Teching In

i heard breatheless performance is pretty good but pretty expensive its in fort lauderdale
Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FastazfukWS6
i heard breatheless performance is pretty good but pretty expensive its in fort lauderdale
You and I heard that they only do vettes.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Breathless tuned my car a couple times.
They barely got my old C1 driveable, and did OK with the TSP231/237.

Rev Extreme is the way to go.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

No one around can verify that car went 9's.......first of all, it was at Moroso a handful of times. Had it gone 11.99 at the time they would have been tossed off the track for no roll cage (pre pure for stock ET change) The car went to the Vette Viper Shootout at BMP a few years ago and other Z06's walked all over it..... and never made a full solid pass......again on the brakes as his did showboating at OSW before he wrecked.

That car was possibly a mid to low 11 second car. There is no proof 9's came out of that car at any of the tracks from the times it's gone hitting the brakes.

Very true. The fastest I have seen it run was 10.87 @ like 128mph. ET drags. They did get kicked off.

Car was simply a Z06, with hand ported heads, long tubes(SLP) no cats, Z06 ti exhaust,....and a N O S direct port system, jetted to 2 bills.

Car ran but,...I was never superimpressed.

I did see it go airborn in O town. Crazy view. Crazy. Manny's lucky to have walked away. No injuries.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
You and I heard that they only do vettes.

True but,..nothing they do impresses me. It is local(right down the street).... but it's more like an ecklers then it is a hotrod shop.

I'm a certified mechanic, for GM. I've done alot of work on F-bodies but,...not super interested to work on them now. Just cause i've worked on them alot before. Working on them, was also the decideing factor for me NOT buying one. The F-body, Trans Am more though, is one of the all time greatest cars but,...I just hated working on them. Too many scars on forearms from working on them.

I'm curently doing a LS2 swap on a 2000 WS6 right now, which isn't going too bad. I do, when needed work on my buddies f-bodies, when needed.

I do know phoenix,...and he's a good tech, i'm sure he'd help.

If any of you board members,...do NEED something,..lemme know,...and i'll see what I can swing.

Jamie
Old 01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech

I did see it go airborn in O town. Crazy view. Crazy. Manny's lucky to have walked away. No injuries.
Amazing, it was and insane when I heard they were drinking beer that day.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FastazfukWS6
Breathless is a joke. I saw the owner at a Harley show in Lauderdale and thought I'd go say hello. Nick Agostino told me to take my car there for a leakdown check. I asked him if he could do it and that ARE recommended him and he said I'd have to wait 6 weeks because he's busy Like he's got a real busy shop.

Than to top that off he asked me what ARE had built for me and he gave me one of those punk kid looks and said, "what?, there's no way to make a 436 cubic inch motor from an LS1." I said, "what are you kidding me?" He said, "there's no way a stroke and bore could make that." I said, "you need to learn from ARE than." I think he was just talking out of his *** because maybe he thought I was some liar or something. That was the end of that conversation and I took off.

Also, I hear that most of his cars blow up at the track
Old 01-10-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

We rarely see Breathless at the track, but the last time they were out with a C6 (yellow one) I thought I saw low 11's on the juice and mid 12's on motor. This was when the new C6's started showing up on the streets.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Amazing, it was and insane when I heard they were drinking beer that day.

Yup,...we may have been the ones to tell you. We were hanging out with them ...or should I say we were around there area, and got called out by them,....se we stopped and started BSing for about an hour. They were all drinking.

Crazy dudes.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I know the guy who wrecked the Z06.

I've never asked him much about the incident, as I figure he probably doesn't want to talk about it, and I've heard enough about the story already.
I was there that day but I missed the wreck.

That SLP event was the first open track day I had ever gone to. At the time, my car was brand new and I barely knew how to drive it. I showed up to the event with my brand new SLP LT's just installed and I felt like a badass. When I pulled up to the staging lanes, I didn't know why the cars around me were shaking at idle and drowning out the sound of my car. HAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 01-10-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
I know the guy who wrecked the Z06.

I've never asked him much about the incident, as I figure he probably doesn't want to talk about it, and I've heard enough about the story already.
I was there that day but I missed the wreck.

That SLP event was the first open track day I had ever gone to. At the time, my car was brand new and I barely knew how to drive it. I showed up to the event with my brand new SLP LT's just installed and I felt like a badass. When I pulled up to the staging lanes, I didn't know why the cars around me were shaking at idle and drowning out the sound of my car. HAHAHAHAHA.

That day was alot of fun... Didn't cost anything. Wish they did something like that again.

I was driving a WS6 bone stock with lid,...Z06 wheels,...and mac springs. 13.1@ 107.79 6 speed. On Kumho's. Wasn't my car but,...I had a blast, and I think I made it to the third round.

I had a blast that day.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:38 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

I think I ran an 13.9. Again, didn't know anything about launching or shifting at the time.
I would watch people run 11's and I had no idea why they were going that fast. Lol.

It was a great event that we took for granted at the time. Yes indeed.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't go to SLP day because I didn't have my 12 bolt on my car. But my Fiance and his buds were all there spectating.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Yup, only other hands than mine too touch the car!

liar

Quick Reply: anyone know a good ls1 mechanic in south florida ?