Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

a UF football player died!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a UF football player died!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1238186.story

Kind of a shock to me, I knew the kid, but I log on to the orlando sentinel sports page this morning to read up on some sports and to see a picture of someone you know isn't a great way to start the day.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks, way too young to die.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

that is a horrible way to die, and at such a young age.
Thoughts and Prayers go out to their Families and The Team.

i hate that no helmet law!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

terrible
Old 10-12-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Resident

that sucks. sad day in the gator world
Old 10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

thats really horrible, and more importantly a reason why you wear a helmet
Old 10-13-2007, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1238186.story

Kind of a shock to me, I knew the kid, but I log on to the orlando sentinel sports page this morning to read up on some sports and to see a picture of someone you know isn't a great way to start the day.
I can relate for sure. I served in Egypt in 1982 on peace-keeping mission. A few years later, a rotation of soldiers returning from that mission crashed on their way back home. Local paper published the list of those killed. Nearly 2 dozen of the 300+ were soldiers and leaders I had previously served with on my first tour over there and abroad.

It's bad enough when fellow comrades die. It's just as sad if not sadder to see 2 young people in the prime of their lives taken away. I pray for their family and friends.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-13-2007 at 05:51 AM. Reason: correct a typo
Old 10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by momacoz

i hate that no helmet law!

They really need to make it a law that you have to wear a helmet. You don't have the choice to wear a seat belt(well you do but its against the law) why should there be a choice to wear a helmet. How many people would still be alive if they would have just worn there damn helmet.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had someone I knew this week die due to no helmet. Even if the law doesn't require you to wear a helmet, I don't understand why people don't wear one. I like the seatbelt reasoning, you need to wear a seatbelt, but not a helmet on a bike? I'm always amused that you can ride in a truck bed in this state also.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a scar on my head where I had 38 stitches when I was 14 years old. My lips were purple, as well as my fingernails from the tremendous loss of blood. All because I wasn't wearing a helmet. Helmets should absolutely be required by law in every state. They save lives. I nearly died from not having one on.

If someone in a car is simply not paying attention because they are stressed form a long at work, or, maybe they are stupendously talking on the telephone and arguing with their spouse ... well, if they are not paying attention, they can rearend you and end your life, instantaneously.

If you ride a bike PLEEEEEEZZZ wear a helmet.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:09 AM
On The Tree

Sucks to hear. Just another guy who thought he could handle driving wrecklessly at high speeds at odd hours of the morning.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

There is no doubt that there should be a "Click It or Ticket" law for motorcycle helmets. But, if I may say so, a helmet isn't going to do much for you if you don't have all of the OTHER safety equipment on as well (leather pants, leather jacket, leather gloves). Of course wearing a helmet improves your chances, but to truly have a remote chance of even surviving, you need to be wearing ALL of the right gear when you're out there on a motorcycle.

When I was little I was hit by a car on my bicycle, and my helmet was the only reason I didn't end up in the hospital.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Banned

I think it might have helped out a lot in his situation, but you never know. Still sad to hear, Old Archer is a shitty ******* road anyways. It's horribly lit where the road drops down and curves onto 441 and I'm sure that's where it happened.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
There is no doubt that there should be a "Click It or Ticket" law for motorcycle helmets. But, if I may say so, a helmet isn't going to do much for you if you don't have all of the OTHER safety equipment on as well (leather pants, leather jacket, leather gloves). Of course wearing a helmet improves your chances, but to truly have a remote chance of even surviving, you need to be wearing ALL of the right gear when you're out there on a motorcycle.

When I was little I was hit by a car on my bicycle, and my helmet was the only reason I didn't end up in the hospital.

Oh yeah I completly agree a helemt is not going to stop people from dieing on bikes. A helemet should at least be the minimum requirement by the law. I'm sure there are alot of peopel that have had fairly mild accidents that if they had a helmet on they would still be alive. Sure they would be scraped up an pretty rough but they would still be alive. There's probably some people that have died just siting still and fell over and cracked there head.

Quick Reply: a UF football player died!