Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UTI in Orlando, anyone here there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UTI in Orlando, anyone here there?

Hey guys i'm moving up from the keys here a month or so to orlando and am most likely getting into UTI, i had a nice long conversation with them on the phone and will most likely be getting enrolled for january. anyone here go to that UTI?? how many in the orlando area because im gonna be needing some new buddies
Old 10-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Teching In

i been there!
graduated oct.06
Old 10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Launching!

i graduated July '06
Old 10-24-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Is that place any good? Well compared to something like S.A.M.? I wanted to go to SAM, but its all the way in Texas. And after graduating i will want to work for a race team or something close to it. Problem is i don't want to move from Miami, go to school is fine but nor permanently. And as far as i know there are no racing teams stationed in florida that i know of.
-Joel
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
Is that place any good? Well compared to something like S.A.M.? I wanted to go to SAM, but its all the way in Texas. And after graduating i will want to work for a race team or something close to it. Problem is i don't want to move from Miami, go to school is fine but nor permanently. And as far as i know there are no racing teams stationed in florida that i know of.
-Joel
i am a 20yr old "old school" gear head. drag racing and hot rodding is all i care about. and if you asked me that question, i would tell you that i wouldnt give 20+K to do it again!
they have so much nit pickey bull **** that goes on there it really pissed me off.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Good to know, thanks.
-Joel
Old 10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I graduated in aug 06 there are some **** there right Jake lol. IF you ant to be a technician good school to go to if you want to be a hobbyist go to work with some old timers and let them teach you and save yourself some money it has paid off for me but unlike Jake who is one of my bestest friends is married to racing and hot rodding I am a tech and make about 900 week right now so it paid off for me. unless you want to be a tech for the rest of your life save the money...dont believe the hype of the street legal performance class lol you will sit in a class and talk about turbos and listen to fat kids talk about how fast their turbo SRT 4 *** car is lol and jake knows who I am talikin bout lol
Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

^ LMAO
Thanks for telling me cause i always here about there performance class. Last thing i want to do is pay a **** load of money to have a bunch of young kids talk about their hondas or ****s. Sucks that SAM has to be so far away.
-Joel
Old 10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah lol they reall hype that class up and it really sucks. If you could just pay to go through the hot rod classes then there would be money well spent Agree? jake lol I learned alot but as I said this was a career move for me I am 32 and just got out of the military so i needed to find a new career. THis school is an investent in your future outside the normal BS it actually is a good school if you apply yourself but again it is an investment not just something you do becuase mom and dad want you out the house you will be in debt when you get out and will have to pay that off.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Teching In

i guess you figured out i changed my ls1 name haha!

yup what he said^^^^^ if you are going for the hot rod/performance your taking alot of **** for nothing.
that **** that you see on tv is bs.
in street legal we got to make cai out of pcv pipe and shoot like 75hp shots on a few cars.
couldnt use the turbo (the gto cuz it blows the motor cuz the dumbasses run it lean and blew like 2 or 3 motors)
couldnt use the centrifical supercharger on the camaro or ta due to the same problem.
hot rod classes the 6-71 blower on tv??? forget it... it blows the motors soo its off limits.
o yeah think the direct port fogger is great??? it had to be ran soo damn fat to save the motor it ran like **** (i pulled a switch-a-roo and put the larger pills in the n2o side) hahaha

robert will agree with all i say!
if your shirt aint tucked in,shoes aint right,1 second late,safety glasses aint on when u ****, no hats, bla bla they will ****
they act like they are dealing with 1st graders rather than grown men(some more than others)
its retarded!!!
they said that that the employers(audi,bmw,mercades,volvo,vw...) would rather hire someone who looks more professional over someone who can actually fix a car. i told them that was the stuipidest **** i have ever heard!

if you actually pay attention you can learn a great deal (if you can put up with the ****) also 99% of students are either retards or kiss asses!

robert! agree? yes or no?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol you got to play with the blower..........and dizon did to.......but thats becuase they brought thier own 6000 dollar motor in lol....but yeah i totally agree I raised a little bit of hel my last few weeks there lol
Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oh yeah i was so tired of all the BS at that school that i didnt even go to the mercedes program that I was accepted into I was done with all that BS
Old 10-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Banned

dude before you go into any automotive program/school go work at a dealership first or a local shop to see if you even like it before you invest all that money and time into it. I was so dead set on leaving college and becoming a mechanic/tech because i love working on cars, but before I enrolled in the GM ASEP program or UTI, I went and found my job at a dealership. Thank god I did that, because there is no way in hell I want to be a tech for the rest of my life. It is not all that it is hyped up to be. And as for UTI, I know many people that have gone through it, most wish they didn't, unless you go through a specialized program after the basic school to work on Audis, mercedes, bmws, ect. I just don't think UTI is all that great of a school, they are more business oriented than education oriented and it shows in some of the products they produce. Look into something like the GM ASEP program or similar, a lot less money too! BTW I'm not bashing any of you guys who went to UTI and graduated from there, just from my own personal experience working side by side someone who went to UTI and someone who went to GM ASEP it seems like the ASEP techs got a little better training!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 for ASEP.

I'm in the program as we speak.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Whats that GM ASEP?
-Joel
Old 10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is a 2 year GM program.

Take a look.
http://www.gmasepbsep.com/index_redirect.asp
Old 10-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Im also in the same program with TheLS1Kid!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

my fellow ASEP brother.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome to "O" town
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
11 Second Club

IMO, I went to look at the campus... I took the tour. I wasn't impressed with it.. They are all about getting as many people inthere as possible, and pumping them out. I will stick it out at ucf....

Quick Reply: UTI in Orlando, anyone here there?