Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

blah save me from hicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I'm a hick then. Born and raised in Alabama. Only here for business. I got a southern accent, got a truck that aint street legal that i only take in the woods. I like hanging out with my buddies in the woods just shootin the **** and drink a few cold ones. I'm very proud of how i have been raised. Guess you can call me whatever you want but i'll just take it as a complament.

Last edited by ls1blackss; 11-16-2007 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelt wrong
Old 11-16-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anit nothing worng with rednecks and hicks.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, and regardless what you call us or think of us 'hicks', this is one hick who wishes you well and that your situation changes for the better. Good luck. You just work with some low life f**ks ... they just happen to be hicks or rednecks or whatever you might want to call them. They could be from any part of the country or even other countries.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Teching In

This ain't Hicksville! I grew up in upstate New Yuk but just spent 13 years in Louisiana. THAT is Hicksville.
Coming here to Florida is like moving back up north with the way people talk and act. I have some true Florida born and raised "hick" friends here and think of them as REAL people. You don't see them trying to outdo the Jones neighbors and only want to enjoy life. Quality time means being on the lake with a fishing rod in the hand rather than on the green with a putter. You also don't see them runing around their deed restricted communities writing up folks because their grass might be 1/4 inch higher than the rules allow.

Don't get me wrong, I love it here. A nice mix of hick and dick. If I must choose, give me a hick anyday, they are real folks!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just back from running the dog thru the woods & fields up here in Pennsylvania.

I'm now picking TICKS off of myself. Am I a hick or just a tick magnet?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mullet
This ain't Hicksville! I grew up in upstate New Yuk but just spent 13 years in Louisiana. THAT is Hicksville.

What part of Louisiana did you spend time in? That's my home state and I miss it dearly. I'm only here for financial reasons.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Yeah, and regardless what you call us or think of us 'hicks', this is one hick who wishes you well and that your situation changes for the better. Good luck. You just work with some low life f**ks ... they just happen to be hicks or rednecks or whatever you might want to call them. They could be from any part of the country or even other countries.
Of course what you meant to say was...

Yeah, an' regardless whut yo' call us o' reckon of us 'hicks', this hyar is one hick who wishes yo' fine an' thet yer situashun changes fo' th' better. Good luck. Shet mah mouth! Yo' jest wawk wif some low life f**ks ... they jest happen t'be hicks o' rednecks o' whutevah yo' might be hankerin' t'call them, dawgone it. They c'd be fum enny part of th' country o' even other countries.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razor_Blade
What part of Louisiana did you spend time in? That's my home state and I miss it dearly. I'm only here for financial reasons.
Shreveport/Bossier.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mullet
Shreveport/Bossier.

I grew up about 90 miles east of there. I went home for a year back in 05 and worked out of Bossier for a few months before heading back to Flaaduh.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Of course what you meant to say was...

Yeah, an' regardless whut yo' call us o' reckon of us 'hicks', this hyar is one hick who wishes yo' fine an' thet yer situashun changes fo' th' better. Good luck. Shet mah mouth! Yo' jest wawk wif some low life f**ks ... they jest happen t'be hicks o' rednecks o' whutevah yo' might be hankerin' t'call them, dawgone it. They c'd be fum enny part of th' country o' even other countries.

Actually, I'm retired and now a degree'd Network Engineer in my 2nd career. Ironic that I work for The Bank of New York Mellon Corp. around mostly New Yorkers ... LOL! Good people most of them ... a few dicks, but, that's anywhere you go ... know what I mean Vern?

That's good Hillbilly you write there, son. That ain't 'hick', though. You know, dude, you could be a Technical Writer and make good money, back where I come from.

However, I have to point out that you did misspell one word and you had an apostrophe' where there should have been a comma.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

ha ha I aint that good. I used the trusty ol hill billy translator.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

man this is funny ****! spit.. TANG!! this makes me horny for my sister!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

ha ha I aint that good. I used the trusty ol hill billy translator.
LOL!!!! You saying you hang at Wal-Mart? Only place that carries those!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
LOL!!!! You saying you hang at Wal-Mart? Only place that carries those!

Nah, I used one online. You can just copy and past text into it and hit translate.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Nah, I used one online. You can just copy and past text into it and hit translate.

You shittin' me man? That's some funny ****!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

haha damn yea the word hick was definetly meant to be taken lightheartedly...it was more of a rant after coming home from work and getting told to what to do by any person there and i refered to them as hicks because half of them didn't own a car and if they did none were newer than 1980, all spoke with that good ol' southern accent, and they all had this attitude like i owed them something. i quit the next day by the way haha. and i actually am mostly friends with the "hick" type. the backward all words mixed together talking beer drinking in the driveway firefightin quad ridin larry the cable guy imitating type guys are who i use to always be around.

Quick Reply: blah save me from hicks