Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

blah save me from hicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blah save me from hicks

my job consists of a bunch of people with iq's not to much greater than a monkeys that all think their the boss. and theres never any work to do so its just stand around and listen to orders from these idiots to make ourselves look busy. SOMEONE SAVE ME!! i'd be a janitor for all i care just something better than this!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What does your situation have to do with 'hicks'? Would it be any different if you were in the same situation up North? Well ... hmmmmmmmmm ... a lot of hicks up North, as well ... and out West ... and uuuhhhh ... we're just everywhere!? It sounds like you just don't like hicks. I guess it depends on what your definition is of hicks. Could you expound on this?

I'm a hick ... but, I don't try to be 'boss' ... don't even wanna' tell people what to do. Just sounds like you're in a job you need to get out of. Move on to a more structured career so only one hick will be telling you what to do ...
Old 11-15-2007, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

What's a hick?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Country bumpkin
Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM
FormerVendor

There are rednecks here, you usually find hicks inland.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:21 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-15-2007, 04:30 PM

I guess if you were so much smarter, you wouldnt be the employee, would you?
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jeesh... everybody ganging up on this guy... haha... Well, I got the same good'ol boy atmosphere where I work. I'm typically at odds since I'm enthusiastic about cars not trucks, I dont dip or chew tobacco (or smoke for that matter), I dont refer to a black person as a ******, and I dont go hunting in Georgia every flipp'n weekend.... OH well,... We're living in the south, what do you expect?!?!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

This is the south, the GREATEST part of the country. If you dont like the people here, then dont move here! Cuz trust us, we dont want ya here to begin with. Robbie Rose (country music dj) used to sing a song to the tune of Charlie Daniels song "The South's Gonna Do It Again", but the lyrics went a lil somethin like this: "Well you know we love cuz it is our home, and dont ya know we love it cuz it turns us on and if you dont like it you can take a hike, get on I-95 and drive your butt outta sight!"
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hyperzone
Jeesh... everybody ganging up on this guy... haha... Well, I got the same good'ol boy atmosphere where I work. I'm typically at odds since I'm enthusiastic about cars not trucks, I dont dip or chew tobacco (or smoke for that matter), I dont refer to a black person as a ******, and I dont go hunting in Georgia every flipp'n weekend.... OH well,... We're living in the south, what do you expect?!?!
Didn't see anybody really ganging up on the guy and you prob could use some equal opportunity training, as well. I don't hunt up in Georgia. I did live in St Augustine and worked at Flager College ... after I retired. I'm degree'd and certified in Cisco, Microsoft, Novell, and a lot of other things. I'm now a Network Engineer and and make fair money. I'm a hick, but, I had no chance at being anything else. My mom died when I was 4 and my grandparents took me in and we were so poor we could hardly eat or have new clothes.

I had no choice of being born a hick and looking back, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I don't call black people the N word, either. I don't even call them black. I just call them 'people'. My hick grandpa would have beat me for that. I think you and the OP prob don't really know what a hick is. I think you are referring to a redneck, but, athts' another story. There ARE good rednecks, though. I have a little of it in my blood, but, I don't fit the stereo-typing some folks refer to as a redneck or a hick. I'm a country boy raised on a small farm in Eastern Tennessee and man was it a hard life. I leanred very early in life that it is not repsectful of your fellow brothers and sisters to call the names and stereo-type them into something they usually are not.

The OP's fellow employess seem to just be dicks ... not necessarily hicks ... just bad people who could be from any walk of life. It does suck to be the odd person in the bunch, though.

I feel for anyone who is having a hard time and dreading to come to work because of other ********* who make them feel lesser than their clan or group. It's just too bad people can't help others as they should ... instead of make them feel like they don't belong.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well....... I initially thought this post was supposed to be lighthearted but, seems that people on here are taking this a little to seriously. Lo siento mi amigo!
Old 11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
dude you got everything mixed up, those are some serious Bon Jovi/Poison/Ratt/Twisted Sister fans, not Hicks.

And there is always another job out there man, but until you have the qualifications to do something that you love or do something that you don't mind being a bitch becuase your pay is so well, life sucks. I have hated every single one of my jobs since I've been in college but it's money in my pocket so i can't complain. Once I get fed up with a place, I'll go find another job, give the place a two week notice, and start at some new shithole. Only a year and half left and I'm done with school and hopefully a little piece of paper that says I have a BA degree will help me find a better job
Old 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

My aunt and uncle are from hicksville. Guess that makes them hicks. I'll give them the fyi.

Sound like my job alot. Just move on. Thats what im planing.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001somws.6
My aunt and uncle are from hicksville. Guess that makes them hicks. I'll give them the fyi.

Sound like my job alot. Just move on. Thats what im planing.
Hicksville, NY?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TheLS1Kid
Hicksville, NY?
The only Hicksville I know of...and there are no hicks there. Ethnic and cultural diversity, yes...hicks, no. I had some hicks from upstate NY say, while eating venison jerky, "your one of them flat-landers from down there." I am from Long Island, so anyone with a slow speech pattern and an "accent" is usually hick.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha most of my family and myself are from Long Island too.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yep long island. Been there a zillon times since i was a kid. Back in the 70"s.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by VSGLS1
, so anyone with a slow speech pattern and an "accent" is usually hick.

HA HA, that reminds me of a funny story. My Wife and are both true Southerners. Not long after after moving to Orlando we found ourselves in a small pub having drinks with several Northerners. One of them was the type of person who went out of his way to use big words, trying to make himself seem smarter than he really was, I assumed. At one point he turned to my Wife and began explaining the definition of one the words he had just used. The look on his face was priceless when She jumped up, one hand on her hip and the other pointing an index finger right at his nose and in her best Southern drawl exclaimed, Mother F#$%er I might talk slow but I ain't stupid! Maybe you had to be there, but that was some funny ****.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
This is the south
What?? Really? Florida?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
What?? Really? Florida?
why dont you finish the whole quote? smart ***.

Quick Reply: blah save me from hicks