Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

"careless driving" citation

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "careless driving" citation

I got a citation for careless driving on friday. I'm not gonna lie, I pretty much deserved it. Some guy cut me off and I went medievel on his ***.

How big of a deal is "careless driving"? I'm from virginia, and we don't have a careless driving clause there. We have "reckless driving", which is a huge deal. It's a misdemeanor charge, and your insurance quadruples, you get alot of points on your liscense, etc...

If floridas "careless driving" the same kinda thing, or is it a lesser charge? My ticket was only $118. In virginia, reckless driving tickets are always over $350.

I was offered the option to take driving school to get it waived. What is florida driving school like?
Old 02-10-2008, 04:33 AM
Launching!

Take the class to keep the points away for sure.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Non-criminal. 3 points. You can take the school online in a few hours, do it. Sounds like you were really lucky you DIDN'T get a wreckless ticket if you were driving aggressively towards the other driver. But basically, it's the citation 75% of people get when they're at fault of an accident.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

You are lucky. That is called road rage. Thank god he didn't pull a gun. Flick them off, but don't road rage. You could cause an accident and kill someone.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

A cop saw you do it and all you got was careless driving? Lucky you didnt get arrested for aggrevated assault with a motor vehicle, or that new law concerning road rage. At the very least Reckless Driving.

Count your blessings and take the class and calm down.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Launching!

If the class is online, I'll definatley take it.

Let me rectify myself though. I came running through a yellow light, and at the same time a pickup made a right turn across 2 lanes of traffic into my lane while he was going 10mph compared to my 45. I had to lock up the brakes and swerve off the road into a ditch to not rearend him really hard. I got pissed, pulled back onto the road, and blew past him ricer style, gave him the evil eye, and then got pulled over.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Don't do traffic school. Just get a lawyer and don't worry about it.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

that will cost more then just going to class for it and having adjutication withheld...^^
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by staringback05
that will cost more then just going to class for it and having adjutication withheld...^^
He won't have to waste a day going to drive school though. And in south florida the going rate for tickets was only ~$70.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Launching!

I don't mind spending a saturday in traffic school. I'm sure it will be much cheaper than getting a lawyer.

I did traffic school in virginia several years ago, and it wasn't too bad. I have never done it in FL, but everything in VA is 10x more miserable than it is elsewhere in the country, so I'm not worried at all.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can do the class on line.They will send you plenty of post cards in the mail for different schools and no points will go on your record.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NBD. I have a few of those.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I can give you a list of approved traffic schools if you like. I give them to people when I write em citations. And a lawyer is pointless. The ONLY thing they will do is get the points dropped. So you'll pay the traffic ticket, court costs, plus whatever the lawyer charges you. I'm yet to EVER see a lawyer actually fight a ticket for a client.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

there is a thing called ticket clinic. trust me i know. they saved my life. my cousin lives in tampa and idk if they have a ticket clinic up there but down here in broward thewy saved my ***. i got 4 tickets in 2 months and 3 of them speeding and all i did was pay $80 each and there lawer takes care of it. at one point i got caught doing 30mph over and they got me off, i just had to a pay a big court cost lol. if anything you will have to pay a court cost but u wont get any points or anything.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

from what i have been told if you have a out of state license you can not attend traffic school in another state,also va will find out about that ticket,it goes on the va license and you are subject to va penalties.i own 5 semi trucks and i got a speeding ticket and if you have a cdl they will not let you take traffic school at all,we are suppose to be better than a average person with just a license they say.lol
Old 02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
I can give you a list of approved traffic schools if you like. I give them to people when I write em citations. And a lawyer is pointless. The ONLY thing they will do is get the points dropped. So you'll pay the traffic ticket, court costs, plus whatever the lawyer charges you. I'm yet to EVER see a lawyer actually fight a ticket for a client.
I would very much like a list of online traffic schools. That would be a big help.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tntdiablo
from what i have been told if you have a out of state license you can not attend traffic school in another state,also va will find out about that ticket,it goes on the va license and you are subject to va penalties.i own 5 semi trucks and i got a speeding ticket and if you have a cdl they will not let you take traffic school at all,we are suppose to be better than a average person with just a license they say.lol
I have a FL license. I have lived here for 2 years. I was talking about **** germany...err....I mean.... Virginia because that is where I used to live.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
That's funny considering my lawyer got my 98 in a 70 and failure to stay within a single lane dropped completly (got them at the same time). No points, no court costs, no driving school. I went WOT from 0-98 right infront of a cop so it's not like it was some bs ticket.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
That's funny considering my lawyer got my 98 in a 70 and failure to stay within a single lane dropped completly (got them at the same time). No points, no court costs, no driving school. I went WOT from 0-98 right infront of a cop so it's not like it was some bs ticket.
Cop didnt show?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Cop didnt show?
No idea, but I've had friends get off numerous tickets completly. I don't think one had to pay court costs or take driving school over a normal ticket.

Quick Reply: "careless driving" citation