Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

LSX Scene, South FL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lived in Kendall when I had my Trans Am. What a filthy ******* hellhole. And the people are the worst.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Well it all depends the area that you live in, not all of kendall is a shithole. Yes people can't drive for ****, yes most of miami you go to your may have to deal with people that just got to this country and already believe they are better than you, yes the traffic is outrageous. But lets look at the pros, the women are gorgeous, the weather except when a hurricane or t-storm is in the area is absolutely beautiful like right now i jus looked out my window and theres no cloud in the sky. Honestly now that the housing market has dropped a ton i would buy a house if i had the money in miami, prior to the drop it was almost impossible to even get an apartment. Gas is expensive everywhere so thats not really a problem, just don't fill up anywhere near the beach. If you go to the track all the time well all i can say is the 1/8 of the mile track is garbage, and Moroso well that place just sucks. I have heard from some people it has gotten better, but when i went it was ****. But if you go to the track occasionally Bradenton is nice drive to the North, near tampa.
-Joel
Old 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dave 96TA
I lived in Kendall when I had my Trans Am. What a filthy ******* hellhole. And the people are the worst.
Tell us how you really feel.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
Yeah i saw your post on SSP, that is one sharp looking car. Especially when you take into consideration the year and mileage. In the near future hopefully if i decide that i don't want a truck, or to get a G8 even though i think its awesome. I was also considering on getting a 2002 CETA, maybe even convertible but keeping it completely factory.
DO IT DO IT! F-body for life, son.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Well it all depends the area that you live in, not all of kendall is a shithole. Yes people can't drive for ****, yes most of miami you go to your may have to deal with people that just got to this country and already believe they are better than you, yes the traffic is outrageous. But lets look at the pros, the women are gorgeous, the weather except when a hurricane or t-storm is in the area is absolutely beautiful like right now i jus looked out my window and theres no cloud in the sky. Honestly now that the housing market has dropped a ton i would buy a house if i had the money in miami, prior to the drop it was almost impossible to even get an apartment. Gas is expensive everywhere so thats not really a problem, just don't fill up anywhere near the beach. If you go to the track all the time well all i can say is the 1/8 of the mile track is garbage, and Moroso well that place just sucks. I have heard from some people it has gotten better, but when i went it was ****. But if you go to the track occasionally Bradenton is nice drive to the North, near tampa.
-Joel
Not all the women are great - many are fresh from the fields of South America and looking for a meal ticket and a baby. Perhaps if you lived on South Beach and only mingled with the models you could ignore that fact. Otherwise Miami-proper has the same ratio of hot-to-not as any smaller poor city, just at a higher multiple.

The weather is the same 2/3 the way up the length of the state, so that's not specific to Miami.

There are at least 3 test & tune 1/4 mi tracks in the state, and none of them are within one county of Miami, so that's out too.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know where you lived but many of the girls i have seen don't look like they are from the fields of South America. Maybe if you enjoy hanging out in Homestead in the open fields with the illegals yeah, but everytime i have gone to publix or some shopping center there are gorgeous women everywhere. And thats not including the ones you see walking around the Dolphin Mall, **** hot ones still even go to International Mall. Yeah great Miami doesn't have a 1/4 mile track it has some garbage 1/8 mile, but i hardly go to the track anyways. I stated if he was really into going to the track all the time then he would be better off going to the Bradenton track anyways.
-Joel
Old 04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bboyferal
DO IT DO IT! F-body for life, son.
LMAO maybe, maybe. Thats if a 2500HD is out of the question, and don't want a G8 GT or G8 GXP.
-Joel
Old 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know where you lived but many of the girls i have seen don't look like they are from the fields of South America. Maybe if you enjoy hanging out in Homestead in the open fields with the illegals yeah, but everytime i have gone to publix or some shopping center there are gorgeous women everywhere. And thats not including the ones you see walking around the Dolphin Mall, **** hot ones still even go to International Mall. Yeah great Miami doesn't have a 1/4 mile track it has some garbage 1/8 mile, but i hardly go to the track anyways. I stated if he was really into going to the track all the time then he would be better off going to the Bradenton track anyways.
-Joel
I lived in Coral Gables and later Kendall, I worked in South Miami.

If I were 14 there would plenty of nice tail around. But only teenagers and Puerto Ricans will scope out the 13 year-olds dressed like *****.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

But only teenagers and Puerto Ricans will scope out the 13 year-olds dressed like *****.
LMAO!
-Joel
Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Any one still go to that F-body meet at the Best Buy in sunrise. I went there back in 01 with my 70 formula, but moved out of state for the past 7 years. Wondering if its still around or if anyone knows what im talking about.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

Never been to a meet in Sunrise, but we used to meet in Kendall and head out to Fuddruckers in Ft Laud sometimes.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Never been to a meet in Sunrise, but we used to meet in Kendall and head out to Fuddruckers in Ft Laud sometimes.
We would meet at the best buy, then drive to fuddruckers in Ft laud as well. I've been out of it for a while, not even sure where to go around the ft lauderdale area now.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Dont mean to highjack the thread, but how is Moroso on the Wed. night test and tunes? Im going to be in West Palm next week (missing Pinks All Out by one day) and Moroso is all I can usually find.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

It's least busy on Weds but track prep is better on Fri. Moroso doesn't find it necessary to prep well on Wednesdays with so few people.

Quick Reply: LSX Scene, South FL?