Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

PINKS Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FreezeGTO
Awesome bro, he was the Red Z28 right?? That thing was sick I was hoping he would bring it home then he was out, so then I was hoping for the nova and he was out, then it was ford vs chevy and I wanted to the camaro to take it but I guess that camaro broke his axle or something.
Yeah, it used to have the yellow hood. He just painted it himself about a week before the event. Jason called me around 11pm to tell me he made it to the final 8. I'm sure everyone wishes they could have won the whole thing, but I'd just be stoked to make it on TV. I'm happy for Ryan that he made it that far and won some money to boot.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecajun5.3
too many race cars
and bracket racers just out there for the money.
fast *** cars detuned to make their times closer to
the click.

AMEN!! I didn't have a problem with anyone who wanted
to race. But there were several cars there who are not
your everyday erron running, taking the kids to school,
pick up the dry cleaning cars. I just thought they would
have picked a class of street cars that can run the errons
and win a drag race or 2.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by momacoz
AMEN!! I didn't have a problem with anyone who wanted
to race. But there were several cars there who are not
your everyday erron running, taking the kids to school,
pick up the dry cleaning cars. I just thought they would
have picked a class of street cars that can run the errons
and win a drag race or 2.
That "THING" they call QUOTE an ORGANIZED EVENT, is an UNorganized cluster. That is not what people wanted to see, people want to see racing but instead they saw brackets. Hell they can go out there on Wednesday nights to see that PLUS wrecks and oildowns as a bonus, all for the low low price of 4.99 plus 1 cent facility fee. Bottom line is it sucked, for the people on here that made the top 16 congrats everyone else that worked there asses off to get it done for the show to put on a good show BIG CONGRATS because you guys ultimately got shorted on that deal. Oh well.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

i dont think ive ever seen them do it with cars people could drive everyday
Old 04-21-2008, 05:44 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, when you have 400+ cars organization can only be had so much. And oil downs are unavoidable at almost any event. NHRA national meets have them, TNT races have them. It isn't a street car race, it's anything faster than 13 seconds flat. If you were a brcket racer, wouldn't you pay $40 to race for a possible $10,000? I paid and raced knowing I had a slim chance to get picked, but had fun while there. That is what racing is all about: having fun.

Not everyone wins the lottery, but a bunch of people still play it right?
Old 04-21-2008, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Guys, when you have 400+ cars organization can only be had so much. And oil downs are unavoidable at almost any event. NHRA national meets have them, TNT races have them. It isn't a street car race, it's anything faster than 13 seconds flat. If you were a brcket racer, wouldn't you pay $40 to race for a possible $10,000? I paid and raced knowing I had a slim chance to get picked, but had fun while there. That is what racing is all about: having fun.

Not everyone wins the lottery, but a bunch of people still play it right?
Please. The lucas oil series every year is at least 10X more organized than that mess they called a race and they usually have just as many cars if not more. I remember one year they announced there was 500 cars on the grounds that year. I could create a list a mile long of things they did wrong but Ill say it started with lining people up at the gate in an essentially a traffic jam instead of letting them in the gate the day before the event which I have never seen at any big NHRA event. They always let the racers pit the day before.

The oil downs were the icing on the cake of a bad race. I know some breakage is to be expected and I know this as well as anyone being with my dad at test and tunes and bracket races for many years and now racing myself. But Jesus that was just too much. I think everyone with a car that barely ran brought their heap out. I think on Friday the most consecutive pairs they got down the track must have been no more than 10 before someone broke. Not even the worst Wednesday night TT would compare to that.

I had fun with the EFI Alchemy crew and left with a wealth of knowledge listening to Mark Rick and Doc talk and that made it worth the 40 dollars. But you know its a bad event when your passes down the track arent fun...their stress release.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:11 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kyle,

My point was ALL events have them, and I've been going to the races quite a while as well. What are the lucas oil races filled with? Not too many first timers. What are open-style events like this and others like Super Chevy, Fun Ford, various heads-up stuff and TNT's filled with? A lot of both. I didn't say the race was without fault, but again the point of going to something like this is to have fun, not see how many passes you can get. Again, I went knowing compared to a regular bracket night it would have delays and oil downs due to little restrictions on cars allowed short of safety and e.t. restrictions. You made 3 runs and paid a mere $5-10 more than you would have if you were spectating.

Guess we'll agree to disagree.

Derek

Quick Reply: PINKS Roll Call