Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
or do burnouts on the street and put the pictures in your sig..haha jk
lmao
Old 05-09-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i dont understand is how nick didnt get that hurt when the car hit the tree on his side but his passenger is in a coma and paralized
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I remember hearing right the guy in a coma actually had something pierce his head.

I'm sure that thing probably had 5 points in it, well maybe it didn't the whole car does look like it had nothing added for rigidity. Rich kid acting stupid, but like I said, if the guy was wearing his seatbelt he probably wouldn't be in a coma right now. That car is wrecked though, if he didn't get tossed forward perhaps something else woulda got him.

Wonder if anyone knows if that car had like a roll bar/cage/harnesses in it, or if it was just the stock interior with your typical belt? Car looks pretty crumpled.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

"What al Qaeda couldn't do to my son, Nick did in a matter of minutes." - Ed Graziano

I wonder if his lawyer told him to say that

thats a bit harsh none the less
Old 05-10-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by deadcities
I'm going to get raked over the coals for this, but I don't think he should be held accountable for what happened to his passenger. He chose to get in the car with him, and he chose to not wear his seatbelt.
Your right, he could have told Nick to chill out especially racing on a wet road wtf was Nick thinking??? His other 2 friends was driving Hulk Hogan's viper and was the one's Nick was racing when he lost control.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by camar0corey
If I remember hearing right the guy in a coma actually had something pierce his head.

I'm sure that thing probably had 5 points in it, well maybe it didn't the whole car does look like it had nothing added for rigidity. Rich kid acting stupid, but like I said, if the guy was wearing his seatbelt he probably wouldn't be in a coma right now. That car is wrecked though, if he didn't get tossed forward perhaps something else woulda got him.

Wonder if anyone knows if that car had like a roll bar/cage/harnesses in it, or if it was just the stock interior with your typical belt? Car looks pretty crumpled.
I think your right, the doctors had to remove some of Graziano's brain so he would have a chance to survive.....sad story but one to definately learn from. I give Nick credit though, he's stepped up to the plate and took it like a man. It takes guts to throw yourself at the mercy of the court. I mean imagine being in his shoes, his parents are splitting up ( I think because they know they are gonna lose everything in the civil suit and are planning a way to keep there asset's and estate) and his accident might be the reason why. That's alot of stuff to think about when your doing time. He will never be the same after all this.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:33 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

The intoxication issue is one I don't have sympathy for, but as for the driving...it would be hypocritical of me to show no sympathy, when in my younger days I've been both driver and passenger during numerous street races. When I was riding shotgun, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into, and if we'd lost it, I would not have wanted my friend held accountable for anything that happened to me. I rode along of my own free will. You KNOW his friend was probably egging him on and enjoying every moment of the racing, until the curb got involved.
I don't mean to burst your bubble here chief but as a driver of a motor vehicle you are responsible for the safety of youir passengers.

I met Hulk and his family a few years back. Nice people but Nick had an 850 RWHP Supra at the age of 13, not to responsible on his parents part.

In my opinion Nick should have gotten 5 years minimum and Hulk should have also been charged in some way for contributing to the delinquincy of a minor that resulted in serious injury.

That's what I think.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
or do burnouts on the street and put the pictures in your sig..haha jk
Burnouts are much safer than doing a buck 60. But as buddha will tell you that was a "closed course" . FWIW, i think hogan should be able to trade places with his friend....would make the world a happier place
Old 05-12-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
I don't mean to burst your bubble here chief but as a driver of a motor vehicle you are responsible for the safety of youir passengers.

That's what I think.
Damn straight. You took the words straight out of my mouth.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Question

wow !!!!!!!!!!!! so many of you live in glass houses !!!!!!!!! i'm schocked !!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by billyb
wow !!!!!!!!!!!! so many of you live in glass houses !!!!!!!!! i'm schocked !!!
well put.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

To all of us who have ever street raced, or done burn outs, or have just done the "exibition of accleration" thing....
You take responsibility for what happens, regardless of how much money you have!!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

I used to watch HOGAN...thought he was in a Concentration Camp still..???
Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
I don't mean to burst your bubble here chief
You'll need something a lot sharper than armchair lawyering to burst my bubble, "Chief".

I don't recall stating anywhere that my OPINION was indicative of Florida law. I wasn't aware that Hogan also owned the Viper that was involved, and that his friends were driving it. That further solidifies my OPINION that the guy knew what he was getting himself into. There's a lot of sanctimonious people chiming here who I doubt are angels themselves. I've been there and done that (minus the wiping out part), and knew what I was getting into when I got in the car.
You guys can want to throw the book at the kid all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that his friend was there of his own free will. I will, however, agree with you that his parents hold a measure of responsibility in the matter, being that the kid is a minor.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:20 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

You'll need something a lot sharper than armchair lawyering to burst my bubble, "Chief".

I don't recall stating anywhere that my OPINION was indicative of Florida law. I wasn't aware that Hogan also owned the Viper that was involved, and that his friends were driving it. That further solidifies my OPINION that the guy knew what he was getting himself into. There's a lot of sanctimonious people chiming here who I doubt are angels themselves. I've been there and done that (minus the wiping out part), and knew what I was getting into when I got in the car.
You guys can want to throw the book at the kid all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that his friend was there of his own free will. I will, however, agree with you that his parents hold a measure of responsibility in the matter, being that the kid is a minor.
Wow! It took you almost 72 hours to come up with that witty repsonse.

I drove a limo for 15 years and when I had passengers their safety was ultimately my responsibility.

If Nick had just a little common sense in realizing he was putting his passenger in danger the kid would not be a vegetable.

How do you know if the passenger knew Nick was going to race the Viper?

For all you know they could have all been going to a movie or to get a bite to eat and not necessarily going for a ride with the intention to race.

To carry a gun you need a license..

To drive a car you need a license...

Do you know why?

You need to have some level of responsibility to be licensed to drive or carry a gun, and if used irresponsibly someone can be seriously hurt or killed.

Now here's something else to think about, Nick obviously knew his passenger was not wearing his seatbelt (unless he is a total dipshit) and dropped the hammer anyway.

Nick got off light in this case in my opinion.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I do not understand your logic. Why do you keep on speculating that his friend was well aware that they were going out to race on the street? You have nothing to prove that at all!! Are you saying that because you feel like it's the kid's own fault for what happened, because he knew they were going to street race and he knew that he might possibly end up a vegetable that night?

Even if his friend was aware, that does not mean nor does it change a damm thing. Nick was responsible for anyone that was a passenger in that car....Period! Nick was responsible for his passenger to buckle his seatbelt.

I don't think anyone here ever claimed to be an "angel". I haved fooled around on the street before, just like almost everyone here, but I have never hurt anyone in doing so. If I ever did hurt anyone due to my actions, I would take 100% of the blame, and not say: "it was free will" or "he knew what he was getting into" trying to pass the blame onto the other people involved.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 AM

Unhappy

Game Over No redoos this time

For everyone thats thinks we are all a bunch of hypocrites...
There is a big difference between being loaded + wet roads + tooling around in a car with a ton of power + no responsibility/respect for that power OR anyone/thing around you.
ANNNND....
Sober + DRY clear roads + you decide to drop the hammer on your 400 rwhp car for a few seconds in which you made sure there was nobody (and no cops!) around + you have some respect for your car and others around you because YOU work your *** off to own it AND sweat your *** off cleaning/waxing it every weekend...

Not saying either is a smart decision. But some decisions are 'more smart' then others

Whatever the case it still sucks for both these guys...
Some lessons get learned the hard way... some aren't so lucky as to even have a chance to learn them
Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5OBait
Game Over No redoos this time

For everyone thats thinks we are all a bunch of hypocrites...
There is a big difference between being loaded + wet roads + tooling around in a car with a ton of power + no responsibility/respect for that power OR anyone/thing around you.
ANNNND....
Sober + DRY clear roads + you decide to drop the hammer on your 400 rwhp car for a few seconds in which you made sure there was nobody (and no cops!) around + you have some respect for your car and others around you because YOU work your *** off to own it AND sweat your *** off cleaning/waxing it every weekend...

Not saying either is a smart decision. But some decisions are 'more smart' then others

Whatever the case it still sucks for both these guys...
Some lessons get learned the hard way... some aren't so lucky as to even have a chance to learn them
well atleast this post scored a new member ?????????????
Old 05-16-2008, 03:56 PM

I frequent corvetteforum.com Just got my HP tuners + innovative WB have been poking around ls1tech and some other sites lately getting info and doing searches