Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone in the Daytona area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008 | 10:12 AM
Teching In

Default Anyone in the Daytona area?

Anyone in the Daytona area or close? I've only been out here about 2 1/2 months now in school and can't find anywhere to hangout. I've seen a few fbodies but its always when i'm driving or at wal mart. If anyone is in the area let me know where the meets are so I can have some kind of fun.
Old 05-14-2008 | 10:23 AM
On The Tree

I'm in Deltona, just down the street a little bit. Not sure about the hang-outs, but every third Saturday is a LARGE car show (400+ cars) in New Smyrna off of Canal Street.

There is a large show at the Harley Davidson place just north of LPGA, but I'm not sure when it happens. never been but heard it's a great show.
Old 05-14-2008 | 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

if ya drive about an hour or so to orlando you can come to colonial and 50 on saturday nights..havent been out there in awhile but it used to be pretty sick at the corner
Old 05-14-2008 | 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Like Jason said, New Smryna. Next month the SCFBA is holding its monthly meeting there. We are planning to meet at Pub 44 beforehand for lunch. Then coming back to my house afterwards for some drinky and swimming. Families welcome. I live right in Deland, so maybe 25 minutes down the road.

This weekend there is a huge car show, not Fbody specific, but cool anyway, in Cocoa Beach. Beach Blast. Mike(Kwiksilver) and I are in the show. Come hang out.

http://www.cruisenewsonline.com/

I think the 2nd gen guys are having a BBQ in Deltona this weekend too. Get with torquejunky, he has that info. Not sure if it is invite only or not.

There are quite a few of us living in the Volusia county area. We try to get together pretty regular, either to work on cars or just to hang out and tell tales. Usually it involves BBQ etc. If you want I can shoot you a PM when we plan one of these.
Old 05-14-2008 | 04:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I am in Ormond beach
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 05-14-2008 | 05:02 PM
Launching!

there are plenty of people over here. I'm in port orange.
Old 05-14-2008 | 05:03 PM
Launching!

Another from Deland as well. Haven't been able to make it out as much as I like this year (schedule conflicts), but there is a weekly cruise held here by the Chevy dealership every friday night. Also there is a Sunday evening cruise held at a drive-in off of 92 (also call international speedway blvd) as soon as you get into Deland. These cruises are more suited towards classic cars.. but they appreciate all types of Domestics. I've been trying to arrange a night for the local F-bods to make it out to. I think the Friday cruise would be best. Does any one have any suggestions?
Old 05-14-2008 | 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Destination daytona is every 3rd saturday of the month. Open to everything. I have seen 400+ but 1 or 2 ricers. starts 4pm to when ever. Here is a link to pics. Its exit 273 off I95.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../paint%20pics/
Old 05-14-2008 | 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

I'm in Palm Coast, and so are two of my buddies with F-bodies. I've only been down here since September and except for the show at Destination Daytona and Old Town (to far) I haven't found anything good! I'm down to meet up. We should start something. Seems to be alot of us in Flagler/Volusia etc....
Old 05-16-2008 | 02:47 PM
Teching In

I work in Daytona, live in Ormond. I'd be up for something if anyone wants to organize. I've been to Canal Street and its pretty cool. I haven't been to Destination Daytona yet, but I've been meaning to check it out.

What school, Riddle?

Tom
Old 05-16-2008 | 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

I'm at riddle.... well... i'll be back there in august anyway
Old 05-17-2008 | 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Im Down To Meet Up With People For A Few Beers And Races .. Im In Daytona (by The Auto Mall) Pm Me For Contact Info
Old 05-18-2008 | 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

I should be back in daytona soon
Old 05-18-2008 | 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DaytonaTA
I work in Daytona, live in Ormond. I'd be up for something if anyone wants to organize. I've been to Canal Street and its pretty cool. I haven't been to Destination Daytona yet, but I've been meaning to check it out.

What school, Riddle?

Tom
You are still around! I see you got a new ride!

You still with the same company, and is the other TA around (I completely forgot the other TA's name......)? We need to all get together again!
Old 05-19-2008 | 10:09 AM
Teching In

I'm from New Orleans, La. and I'm out here at Wyotech in Ormond. Its okay but I see alot off fbodies when I'm driving or getting gas. I would like to meet a few people and learn more about the area. Some of you guys might have drove past me before.I have a white z28 with black t-tops and no markings, but before I came out here someone decided to run into the rear driver side quarter. If you see me you can talk to me I won't bite or get mad, or think your trying to rob me so I'm cool.
Old 05-19-2008 | 12:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
You are still around! I see you got a new ride!

You still with the same company, and is the other TA around (I completely forgot the other TA's name......)? We need to all get together again!
Yeah, I'm still around, still at the same company. Steve's still around too. My '87 is going to get restored. I bought the 'vert for the drive train but decided to keep it as a daily driver. Not supercharged though....

On another note...I went to Destination Daytona on Saturday to check it out. There were some real nice cars there. As for F-Bodies, three or four 1st gen, one 2nd gen, three 3rd gens and three 4th gens. There were more PT Cruisers there than LS1 cars...I think we should remedy that next month. It's a real relaxed atmosphere. If I'd known they were going to give a trophy for best Camaro I would have washed my car first.

If some of you guys want to just have an informal get together there's a fairly new Sonic on US 1 in Ormond/Holly Hill we could meet at one night.

Tom
Old 05-19-2008 | 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DaytonaTA
Yeah, I'm still around, still at the same company. Steve's still around too. My '87 is going to get restored. I bought the 'vert for the drive train but decided to keep it as a daily driver. Not supercharged though....

On another note...I went to Destination Daytona on Saturday to check it out. There were some real nice cars there. As for F-Bodies, three or four 1st gen, one 2nd gen, three 3rd gens and three 4th gens. There were more PT Cruisers there than LS1 cars...I think we should remedy that next month. It's a real relaxed atmosphere. If I'd known they were going to give a trophy for best Camaro I would have washed my car first.

If some of you guys want to just have an informal get together there's a fairly new Sonic on US 1 in Ormond/Holly Hill we could meet at one night.

Tom
I was gonna suggest that all meet up for the Destination Daytona meet in June, I think it's Saturday the 21st. I'd be down....
Old 05-19-2008 | 12:39 PM
TECH Junkie

What Ever You All Decide On Doing Count Me In ... I Definately Wanna Do Some Raceing Some Time Soon
Old 05-19-2008 | 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28_YOU_HO
if ya drive about an hour or so to orlando you can come to colonial and 50 on saturday nights..havent been out there in awhile but it used to be pretty sick at the corner
Do you mean downtown at Orange Ave.?
Old 05-19-2008 | 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT1-DAN
Do you mean downtown at Orange Ave.?
Last I heard was that the "corner" was no more due to road construction.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Daytona area?