Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Alan's Discount Muffler Gainesville

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 12:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alan's Discount Muffler Gainesville

Just wanted to share an experience I had with an exhaust shop here in Gainesville.

I went in Tuesday to have mellow tone muffler and pipes installed on my bird. I knew it was hit or miss on how it would sound on my V6. The shop took about 30 minutes to install the full system and sent me on my way.

I pulled around the corner and was immediately upset about the way it sounded. Chain-saw would be a good description. I called the exhaust shop later that day and explained to them I didn't like the sound and to see if there was anything I could do. (I know it will never sound perfect)

The more I thought about it the more I began to think I should just put a stock muffler on and accept the fact that the exhaust will never sound good. Alan talked me into coming back to the shop to install a resonator on the pipes. He told me that he wouldn't charge me to install it and and if I still didnt like it he would take it off for free. If I liked it simply pay $30 for the resonator no charge for labor.

I went in yesterday and he installed the resonator. It fixed the sound completely it sounded so much better! Can hardly tell it's a V6. He then told me take the car around the block, if you like it don't worry about coming back to pay for it!

I returned anyways and gave him a big thank you and handshake.

Long story short i wish there were more car shops like Alan's. His service is amazing and I will highly recommend him to all my friends. It wasn't his fault my car sounded bad but he did everything he could to make sure I left happy.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

good experiences like that will bring him respect and more business
Old 05-23-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've been there a couple times,and he's a good dude
Old 05-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

I'm getting a set of headers in a few days, any chance you could pm me his shop info.
Thanks
Old 05-23-2008, 05:04 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with them a long time ago and was happy with the service. Have heard horror and good stories about them since, good to know our small town still has a decent exhaust shop.

Derek