Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Coming On Down to Port St Lucie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the rinker days were about 10 years ago and it was the best. Racing in the daytime is alot more safe. All I can say is that the tradition meet is very iffy. I have gone up there and nobody was there and sometimes there a 3 cars maybe. Not a very big meet at all. Not trying to say anything about the people there or anything. I know and am friends with just about everyone in the V8 community. We need to start showing the imports whats up. I cant tell you how many kids come up to me that love V8 cars but all they know is imports. If there were more of us around it would set the "mood" maybe more younger people would go out a buy a crappy old V8 car instead of o crappy old ricer with no muffler. You have to start somewhere and if they see that imports are gay they will start on the path of domestic V8 power. All of us guys should come in full force and I bet you anything that after a while you would see at least a small turn toward V8 cars again.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

ahhh, the good ole' RInker days. That was some fun. All the open exhaust cars driving past the police station on the way out. lol.

Fun times for sure, i have a few runs on tape around here somewhere. Some of the craziest things used to happen out there. Trucks racing with boats on trailers, hot dog vendors, people playing football when the cops showed up..... it was all good

Oh and when someone yells "Five 0" do not look around for a Mustang. lol
Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

Rinker Days use to be fun for sure! There is Quite a bit of things to do Hmmmm Cow tipping J/K If you like to go to the track once Moroso opens it is about 35-45 min depending on how heavy your foot is. If you and your chick are into fishing there is alot of freash water spots as well as the Ocean only miles away! Maybe take up Surfing the North Jetty State Park in Ft. Pierce is one of the more consistant breaks in Fla. atleast from here to Miami. A new Skate park just opened in Ft.Pierce off Virginia Ave in Ft.Pierce which is pretty sick as well if you are into skateboarding they spent BIG bucks on it! Buy a few jet skis when you get here I will use one or even a nice 30 ft boat boat ramps are easy acess . There are few trails for Dirt bikes and off road biking as well. That about completes the daylight life Just dont go to Rock Road what ever you do. What ever you do when it gets dark stay inside lock your door ! J/K

At night not really alot going on Once amonth in Ft.Pierce the first friday night of the month is Friday fest "drunk fest" usually a few hundred people in the downtown area near the Marina getting plasterd lots of beer and food venders. Duffys in St. Lucie West gets packed on the Weekend. Draft house in PSL on US1 on Tuesday nights is also pretty fun time. And the South Jetty lounge makes a mean Rum Runner Located on South Hutchinson Island. And WPB is only a 35 min drive for clubs if you are into that scene .

There are alot of good people through the area in the LSX community for sure I have meet alot of great people we do need to get a meet set up and have some Dales BBQ !

Last edited by Street Racer; 08-06-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets get something set up soon! Maybe another dyno day in a month or 2 when it cools down also.Just post it on here and we can get some people toghther.
joe
Old 08-07-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Lets get something set up soon! Maybe another dyno day in a month or 2 when it cools down also.Just post it on here and we can get some people toghther.
joe
There's a new dyno shop off of Macedo that's just getting setup. I"m not sure of the name, but I heard from a few clients that he's tuning after 5pm on weekdays. I think it might be called Eagle Performance or something like that.

It'll be nice not having to drive 45min on US1 to get to Bruce's anymore. I really like Bruce, but that drive sucks - especially without A/C.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Street Racer
Rinker Days use to be fun for sure! There is Quite a bit of things to do Hmmmm Cow tipping J/K If you like to go to the track once Moroso opens it is about 35-45 min depending on how heavy your foot is. If you and your chick are into fishing there is alot of freash water spots as well as the Ocean only miles away! Maybe take up Surfing the North Jetty State Park in Ft. Pierce is one of the more consistant breaks in Fla. atleast from here to Miami. A new Skate park just opened in Ft.Pierce off Virginia Ave in Ft.Pierce which is pretty sick as well if you are into skateboarding they spent BIG bucks on it! Buy a few jet skis when you get here I will use one or even a nice 30 ft boat boat ramps are easy acess . There are few trails for Dirt bikes and off road biking as well. That about completes the daylight life Just dont go to Rock Road what ever you do. What ever you do when it gets dark stay inside lock your door ! J/K

At night not really alot going on Once amonth in Ft.Pierce the first friday night of the month is Friday fest "drunk fest" usually a few hundred people in the downtown area near the Marina getting plasterd lots of beer and food venders. Duffys in St. Lucie West gets packed on the Weekend. Draft house in PSL on US1 on Tuesday nights is also pretty fun time. And the South Jetty lounge makes a mean Rum Runner Located on South Hutchinson Island. And WPB is only a 35 min drive for clubs if you are into that scene .

There are alot of good people through the area in the LSX community for sure I have meet alot of great people we do need to get a meet set up and have some Dales BBQ !
This man speaks the tru words!......if u gather anything at all from it...make sure u get a rum runner from the jetty...i go almost everynight for two...drinks are GOOD!

current runner is 383 lt1 but iam swapping a ls motr in my daily roadmaster can i join.?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So there's a dyno in town, or is going to be?? That is nice to know.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
So there's a dyno in town, or is going to be?? That is nice to know.
Hey Gregg,

Yeah, I checked with my clients and here is the location and contact info:

Eagle Performance LLC
Owner: Jamie Clegg
1736 SW Biltmore St
PSL, 34984

772-924-8149

** Tell him that Vincent (the guy with the silver Nova) sent you. He'll know who you're talking about.**

At this point he still has a day job until the business gets off the ground, so he's only tuning and dynoing on evenings. Prices are pretty reasonable too.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ya jimmys a cool guy maybe even have Mr. Mike Norris come down and through out some dyno tunes in the pizzle. But this thread will get locked if we keep bringing up a dyno shop that is not a sponser .... Thanks for the heads up Vince.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by grey95buick
This man speaks the tru words!......if u gather anything at all from it...make sure u get a rum runner from the jetty...i go almost everynight for two...drinks are GOOD!

current runner is 383 lt1 but iam swapping a ls motr in my daily roadmaster can i join.?
Its not a Buick Roadmaster is it J/k But years back Billy Burn Rubber came down to ABC one night with some beat *** up Buick 4 Door needless to say it was my first time meeting Billy not realizing that he loves alot of bottle and had a 455 stuffed in the sled as well needless to say I lost a grand good stuff
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Teching In

We will be here on September 9th. Any thing going on near by?
Old 08-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99Z28_girl
We will be here on September 9th. Any thing going on near by?
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
Maybe some rain?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Ya I noticed the rain. I was here for Fay last week and I had to drive my dad's F250 super duty to get to work in Jupiter. The camaro would have been under water. The roads were more like rivers than roads.

Quick Reply: Coming On Down to Port St Lucie!!!