Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012 | 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
It dead hooks up to around 2K rpm launch on the street hahaha. We'll have to coerce Michael into being passenger a couple times and getting vids. Ill be there for 2 weeks in March for AT also, well have to hit up the sonic meet or something. It sounds ******* awesome, Now I need a Cam ASAP

LOL nice! It'll be fun reguardless I'm sure. And yes deff gotta get it on video! I'd like to get a go pro for these specific occasions.
Old 01-26-2012 | 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

**** yeah man, I need a Gopro
Old 01-27-2012 | 02:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
Ocala Friday evening around 5:30 over by the highlands elementry school a Silver 98-02 camaro with black berger panel sounded mean and looks great !
Have black wheels too?
I don't know where that school is located, but if it's off of 40 or 301 then that was me.
I say that because I was on my way up to Savannah that day and every time I go up there I drive through Ocala.
Old 01-27-2012 | 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CustomX
Let me know if you wanna head out sat night, your more then welcome to give my car a shot! Lol
whats ur t/a got? my ss is all the usual bolt ons minus a cam and my vette is a built 383 with a moderate street cam. since i got it registered ive been driving it around every chance i get lol. you'll prob hear me before you see me right now shes just open headers till i get the flowmasters welded in.
Old 01-27-2012 | 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

**** yeah man, I need a Gopro
$300 bucks for an HD motorsports edition!

Originally Posted by usnfenix
whats ur t/a got? my ss is all the usual bolt ons minus a cam and my vette is a built 383 with a moderate street cam. since i got it registered ive been driving it around every chance i get lol. you'll prob hear me before you see me right now shes just open headers till i get the flowmasters welded in.
Just a cam converter and all the bells and whistles. I had a 383 in my third gen about 8 years ago. I converted it to a roller motor (best mod I ever did) brodix heads, victor jr, 750 race double pumper carb and had a t-56 behind it, what a fun car that was. Blew up 3 10 bolts haha, I drove that sucker pretty much everyday with no heat or a/c but it did have an exhaust LOL

Hell now that I think of it I still have a few pics of that **** in my photobucket account. The bay isnt pretty but I was only 17 at the time and this was the first car and engine I ever built.

Last edited by CustomX; 01-27-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2012 | 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea my vette needs a converter and better suspension. after my next deployment i will be getting a blower for it and some stainless steel sidepipes. motor only has 100 miles on it i am still breaking it in so ive been babying it a little. got a quick fuel 780 carb and a edlebrock performer intake on it. trans is a 700r4 but the converter is very low and needs to be raised. im thinking at least 3200 or higher. the cam is similar to the tr224 for ls engines its a comp 224/230. i love this car i think my camaro is getting jealous lol
Attached Thumbnails The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread-382859_10150377195444652_631124651_8512848_1106537221_n.jpg   The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread-391991_10150377195094652_631124651_8512839_1555572505_n.jpg   The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread-2011-11-22_19-04-10_452.jpg   The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread-2011-11-22_19-05-33_200.jpg  

Last edited by usnfenix; 01-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2012 | 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

I'd put a 3500 in it, them old motors are fun to work on. Plenty of room unlike these 4th gens. Boost it, I started pieceing together a turbo kit for mine but never finished. I ended up messing with hondas for a few years instead :S lol.
Old 01-28-2012 | 12:04 PM
12 Second Club

yea my vette needs a converter and better suspension. after my next deployment i will be getting a blower for it and some stainless steel sidepipes. motor only has 100 miles on it i am still breaking it in so ive been babying it a little. got a quick fuel 780 carb and a edlebrock performer intake on it. trans is a 700r4 but the converter is very low and needs to be raised. im thinking at least 3200 or higher. the cam is similar to the tr224 for ls engines its a comp 224/230. i love this car i think my camaro is getting jealous lol
Nice car, I would absolutely love to have one of those with an LS swap
Old 01-28-2012 | 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol yea an ls swap would be nice but for the price of doing all that i waste the money spent putting this new motor together. it will be cheaper and i think funner to put a whipple on it. anyone know any good muffler shops or someone with a welder around arglye? i want to get my flowmasters on so i stop pissing off the neighbors every time i drive it.

besides i get all of my ls fun in my camaro.
Old 01-28-2012 | 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Nice car, I would absolutely love to have one of those with an LS swap
Ahh yes, I dreamed of swapping an lsx in my third gen.

BTW the dude with the green turbo fox hit me up last night... There meeting up on 103rd tonight if anyone wants to stop by.
Old 01-28-2012 | 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

lol yea an ls swap would be nice but for the price of doing all that i waste the money spent putting this new motor together. it will be cheaper and i think funner to put a whipple on it. anyone know any good muffler shops or someone with a welder around arglye? i want to get my flowmasters on so i stop pissing off the neighbors every time i drive it.

besides i get all of my ls fun in my camaro.
I have a mig you can use.
Old 01-28-2012 | 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a mig you can use.
well i really appreciate the offer just ive only welded once before and it was on some metal that didnt matter lol. its kinda sad bcuz before i transfered to the squadron im at now i did 4 years of soldering avionics for AIMD here in jax. ( im active navy at NAS jax) but yeah given my lack of welding ill prob blow a hole through my pipes. i need to weld exhaust hangers on to the frame somewhere too.
Old 01-31-2012 | 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

well i really appreciate the offer just ive only welded once before and it was on some metal that didnt matter lol. its kinda sad bcuz before i transfered to the squadron im at now i did 4 years of soldering avionics for AIMD here in jax. ( im active navy at NAS jax) but yeah given my lack of welding ill prob blow a hole through my pipes. i need to weld exhaust hangers on to the frame somewhere too.
They make grinders to fix sloppy welds lol

Spotted a cammed black ws6 and a black z28 with welds and slicks on the back at the Sonic meet Saturday night. Also watched my buddy with the green turbo fox give a supposedly 700hp termi cobra a run for his money. Anyone know anything about this cobra? Its dark gray and I think the owner is military.

Last edited by CustomX; 01-31-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2012 | 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Spotted a yellow gto on blanding about 45 min ago, had draglites and a cage... Not a fan of yellow but it looked good bro.

Last edited by CustomX; 01-31-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-31-2012 | 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Spotted a yellow gto on blanding about 45 min ago, had draglights and a cage... Not a fan of yellow but it looked good bro.
Got my underdrive and tune today, Im probably coming up there Friday... you working? I need to get my Brakes done and dont want anyone else touching the car lol
Old 01-31-2012 | 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Got my underdrive and tune today, Im probably coming up there Friday... you working? I need to get my Brakes done and dont want anyone else touching the car lol
Hell yeah, she running good? I'm actually off Friday but working all day Saturday. We could do your brakes at my house Friday? Did you get new pads and rotors? It would also save you alot of $$. Speaking of brakes I just did your brothers today and replaced a defective wheel bearing lol
Old 01-31-2012 | 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Hell yeah, she running good? I'm actually off Friday but working all day Saturday. We could do your brakes at my house Friday? Did you get new pads and rotors? It would also save you alot of $$. Speaking of brakes I just did your brothers today and replaced a defective wheel bearing lol
Yeah man that would be awesome. Im waiting for them in the mail actually, I hope they get here in time. PM me your phone #, Ill shoot you some cash for hookin me up I just sold the supercharger I had in my garage. The car is a lot stronger now with the LTs and everything else. Im gonna put a video up in my thread in the vette section
Old 01-31-2012 | 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah man that would be awesome. Im waiting for them in the mail actually, I hope they get here in time. PM me your phone #, Ill shoot you some cash for hookin me up I just sold the supercharger I had in my garage. The car is a lot stronger now with the LTs and everything else. Im gonna put a video up in my thread in the vette section
You should have hooked me up with that effing supercharger god damnit!! Lol! Hopefully they do, if not we can make some time to get them done. Don't worry about the cash, just provide the alcohol lol. Brakes are a piece of cake plus I still owe you for the beers you bought that night at Whisky River. We should try to cruise out to the meet this Saturday if your in town? I got a lot of good runs in, was out til 2:30am LOL. I wish I could have gotten them on film. Apparently my car is really strong for a cam only car esp from a roll
Old 01-31-2012 | 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

You should have hooked me up with that effing supercharger god damnit!! Lol! Hopefully they do, if not we can make some time to get them done. Don't worry about the cash, just provide the alcohol lol. Brakes are a piece of cake plus I still owe you for the beers you bought that night at Whisky River. We should try to cruise out to the meet this Saturday if your in town? I got a lot of good runs in, was out til 2:30am LOL. I wish I could have gotten them on film. Apparently my car is really strong for a cam only car esp from a roll
Ten four. Saturday I have to be in Gainesville for work... ******* job sucks. I will definitely make it to a meet while I am up there for AT in March. Can't wait to run ya. I pulled on a 07-09 GT500 yesterday, but it sounded pretty stock and the guy could have eaten a sandwich in between shifts
Old 01-31-2012 | 06:13 PM
12 Second Club

Oh and I had to sell the S/C on ebay for having to pay for the goddamn divorce because my wife is a deadbeat. I needed as much as I could get lol

Quick Reply: The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread