Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seen a real nice looking NBM T/A with TT2's today in the Walmart distribution center parking lot in Alachua, belong to anyone here??
Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rychen
Seen a real nice looking NBM T/A with TT2's today in the Walmart distribution center parking lot in Alachua, belong to anyone here??
yea that was me. i was there filling out a job app.im prolly gonna be back there tomorrow around the same time to do it again cuz their website is screwed up so i cant do it at home.

Last edited by bobodog; 09-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by speedtigger
There was a sweet supercharged red GTO at the Palm Harbor Checkers Restaurant hang out tonight. I did not get to talk to the owner but I heard the car leave. Sounds like a monster. Anybody know this car?
That sounds a lot like my friend Manny's car. It makes about 500 RWHP.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bobodog
yea that was me. i was there filling out a job app.im prolly gonna be back there tomorrow around the same time to do it again cuz their website is screwed up so i cant do it at home.
Ahhh Cool, Sweet looking ride you have there my Fav color too.
What dept are you trying for?
I've been with WM 7 yrs as a line mechanic, transferred from Colorado to Alachua.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

Ahhh Cool, Sweet looking ride you have there my Fav color too.
What dept are you trying for?
I've been with WM 7 yrs as a line mechanic, transferred from Colorado to Alachua.
im not sure. whatever i guess. the job ive been with for 9 years is finally cutting my hours down to where im forced to leave. ill load trailers if i have to.
u got any strings to pull?

Last edited by bobodog; 09-09-2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

I know there are 4 positions posted on the board, 2 for loaders/unloaders, one for office something and I don't remember the 4th, I think lift operator.
unfortunately I don't have any strings I could pull for ya but if you havent submitted your app yet I'll give you my name etc as a reference and I could put a word in for you if they ask me about you, but as long as you have deacent verifiable work history and no serious criminal charges against you it's pretty easy to get on there.
I believe starting floor wage is $15.65 or $16.35 an hr, it goes up every year and I dont keep up with it.
not too bad a place to work for and we get quarterly incentive checks that can range from $200-$400 and etc etc.
BTW I seen you pulling in this afternoon and was going to turn around go back and introduce myself but was in a rush to hit the bank and needed to get some errands ran before the wife got home.
i'm sure we'll run into each other again, good luck and hope you get an interview.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I know there are 4 positions posted on the board, 2 for loaders/unloaders, one for office something and I don't remember the 4th, I think lift operator.
unfortunately I don't have any strings I could pull for ya but if you havent submitted your app yet I'll give you my name etc as a reference and I could put a word in for you if they ask me about you, but as long as you have deacent verifiable work history and no serious criminal charges against you it's pretty easy to get on there.
I believe starting floor wage is $15.65 or $16.35 an hr, it goes up every year and I dont keep up with it.
not too bad a place to work for and we get quarterly incentive checks that can range from $200-$400 and etc etc.
BTW I seen you pulling in this afternoon and was going to turn around go back and introduce myself but was in a rush to hit the bank and needed to get some errands ran before the wife got home.
i'm sure we'll run into each other again, good luck and hope you get an interview.
yea thanks, thats cool . i filled out the app today so ..but ill pm you anyway with my name n junk.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Clapped out black LS1 Z28 on 436 with spider web bumper this morning, I doubt your on this board but you got squirly and almost swiped my SUV full of kids. Bad Ju-Ju brotha, need to go practice basic driving in a parking lot. I wonder if you try to display your awesomeness around any cars that actually make power, instead of in the middle of family vans and old ladies. Poor old lady next to us almost had a heart attack.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
Clapped out black LS1 Z28 on 436 with spider web bumper this morning, I doubt your on this board but you got squirly and almost swiped my SUV full of kids. Bad Ju-Ju brotha, need to go practice basic driving in a parking lot. I wonder if you try to display your awesomeness around any cars that actually make power, instead of in the middle of family vans and old ladies. Poor old lady next to us almost had a heart attack.
Reminds me of the douche canoe last weekend in Sanford/Lake Mary area in a black convertible 03/04 Cobra.. my boss and I were heading to lunch down 17-92 towards Sanford in his 06 Z06. The guy pulled of somewhere near the Flea Market and immediately was sliding the *** end of the car around, seemingly rather proud of himself. He wasn't the smoothest driver I've ever seen either; Hard to tell if his girlfriend was having a seizure or it was just his driving.

We get to Lake Mary and he gets in the turn lane to make a left. Their light goes green and he slides the *** end a few times going through the intersection, all the while sitting up on the steering wheel like he was driving a 1980 something Caprice on 26s with Captain Crunch decals down the side.

I think he was in a hurry to get him and beat his girlfriend/wife. That was the kind of character he seemed like. Kinda like your stereotypical thirdgen owner got a hold of a Cobra...
Old 09-12-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOFL @ douche canoe
Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

LOFL @ douche canoe
I bet his girlfriend was a total oar /ohsnap.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

There was a white LS1 Firehawk backed in at the gas station off Tennessee in Tallahassee.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whomever had the white 4th gen z28 Camaro w/ the parachute on it at CFRC in Orlando Saturday night.....that thing sounded amazing!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ran into a Hugger Orange Z28 with black Zr1's and a tragic looking passenger quarter panel (painful to see) on I4 and Maitland Blvd. A few seconds later got next to a nice looking maroon metallic GTO also on maitland, they turned off onto 441.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ran into a Hugger Orange Z28 with black Zr1's and a tragic looking passenger quarter panel (painful to see) on I4 and Maitland Blvd. A few seconds later got next to a nice looking maroon metallic GTO also on maitland, they turned off onto 441.
the camaro is z28 you ho's old car... he sold it BEFORE the damage lol.

is your car on prostars? if so, I see you all the time. I live in the arbors, i'm guessing you live in the neighborhood behind or something because I always see you heading that way
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ec_nova
the camaro is z28 you ho's old car... he sold it BEFORE the damage lol.

is your car on prostars? if so, I see you all the time. I live in the arbors, i'm guessing you live in the neighborhood behind or something because I always see you heading that way
No, I roll on stock *** 10 spokers, lol. Mine looks like a bone stock unwashed SS with quarter panel door dings. The only giveaway its anything special at all is the exhaust volume and a tiny badge on the back. I live out in Apopka so I take the 414/429 everywhere.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, I roll on stock *** 10 spokers, lol. Mine looks like a bone stock unwashed SS with quarter panel door dings. The only giveaway its anything special at all is the exhaust volume and a tiny badge on the back. I live out in Apopka so I take the 414/429 everywhere.
oh lol definitely not you I keep seeing then. I'm always on 414 and in apopka so i'm sure we'll cross paths at some point
Old 09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I have seen your car several times but I am always in the mommy wagons. I usually don't drive the car when its really hot out so it stays in the garage during the summer.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

I keep seeing a Pewter WS6 with chrome ZR1's and mirror tint in the Gainesville Health and fitness parking lot. It's lowered too, anyone on here? Car looks Really clean.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a white and pewter firebird in the FAMU college of law parking garage this year. I think the pewter one is a trans am, not sure on the white one but it has dual exhaust outs vs. a v6 single out.

Quick Reply: The *official* "whose car did I see on _____ road the other day" thread