Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Dont incriminate yourself - Dont Talk to cops...ever!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg 00SS
Maybe you should be a lawyer, not a cop. The way I look at it, either you're with us or against us. Either you bleed blue or you don't. Doesn't get any simpler than that and in my book there is no middle ground. I wish you the best of luck, I really do.
With all due respect, you bashed the OP for picking the side of the criminal by educating the public, then straight out made note of the side you are on. Fine... but to "bleed blue" requires you to be in law enforcement, therefore all citizens who are not are therefore criminals.
I can appreciate the daily issues you go through but when you consider an individual guilty before proven innocent just 'cause they are a citizen, you've just circumvented the law bypassing all citizen rights.
Educating the public of the law and peoples rights is power, not a badge.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 3fingas
The problem with that is that usually in a speed summons the cops has either radar or laser to to support the charge. Unless he or she is using visual estimation. Then you have a chance. Also if you get stopped at night, make sure you turn the dome light on prior to the cop approaching AND NEVER GET OUT OF THE CAR unless instructed. But good info!
What were you a cop or something?

LOL
Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
What were you a cop or something?

LOL
hahaha ahah ah h..Detective Niga!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

The way I look at it, either you're with us or against us. Either you bleed blue or you don't. Doesn't get any simpler than that and in my book there is no middle ground.
This is what all of us have a problem with. I'm either a cop or a criminal? Are you kidding me? You other mouthy cops that agree with this can kiss our ***. Society has not only the right but the responsibility to put you in your place.

I've seen that too often. I know several good cops including two that are in my family. I also know first hand a whole team of swat cops who went to prison for being crooked and abusive as hell. The one guy in particular that I know well is out now and still an arrogant ***, but at least he's not a cop anymore and is a convicted felon himself. He freely admits what he did and defends it because "you pussies need guys like me".

We as a society entrust you with substantial power and authority because it is neccessary for the common good. When you use it properly we all benefit. When you abuse it you deserve to be dealt with harshly. You are no better and no worse than the rest of us.

Only a few are criminals, only a few are cops, the vast majority of us are just normal good people who will side with what is right and 99% of the time we side with the cops. We are for law and order and support law enforcement, but not arrogant abusive ******** who think they rule us. When you break out the "Shut up, I'm the law, shut up" like a couple above did, I say come and shut me up. That's not internet *****, that's how it is. If you feel I'm attacking you, you probably are a shitty cop. period.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Either you bleed blue or you don't.
What are you, a Vulcan? Oh wait, they bled green.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

I have to disagree with the "never talk to the police" part. I can think of many sex assault cases where a man has been accused of assault by a female. All the DNA is there, witnesses have observed them together, the only thing left is the two stories of what happened. We have a victim statement, which may be very credible, and no statement from the other party. What more do we have to go on? I would think it would be in this person's best interest to tell their side of the story.
You could choose not to speak with officers and have your day in court.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

For the record, when a cop pulls me over I am honest with him/her. I have had a few speeding/ burnout tickets over the years and have never tried to lie or get out of them. I knew I was guilty and am man enough to take my punishment. Only once the lady cop let me go after catching me do a nasty burnout in a 72 cadillac. She said it was because I didn't insult her by lying.

When the cop asks "do you know why I pulled you over?", I say "probably speeding, that's what I'm normally doing".

If I get harrased someday and think the cop is a dick then I would follow the say nothing advice and push record on a little tape recorder I have and inform him that I'm recording the encounter. He would probably go off about that even though he would record you with his dash cam if it's in HIS interest to do so.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

is it worth trying to fight a violation of speed sign ticket. the ticket dosn't have a speed i was clocked at. also the cop didn't let me sign my copy of the ticket just his copy got signed.

i think this cop screwed me
Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LTLRDSS
is it worth trying to fight a violation of speed sign ticket. the ticket dosn't have a speed i was clocked at. also the cop didn't let me sign my copy of the ticket just his copy got signed.

why would you need to sign your copy?

also depends on the statute he wrote you for..
Old 10-12-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Depends on what you were cited for. There are a few statutes that can be written for speed where a speed is not needed on the citation. Which basically means, a radar reading is not needed if you are driving at such a rate of speed that the officer can cleary articulate that you were traveling in excess of the speed limit. Thus, it's all based off his observations and something that could be probably be beat much easier than if you were clocked on radar. As far as signing the citation, I NEVER have the person sign their own citation. The less fumbling around I have to do as their car door the better. By the time I approach their vehicle I have their copy in an envelope along with all the documents they gave me. I have them sign the 3 copies I have left and give them theirs.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Protect and Serve. Period.
Exactly. I'll probably end up in law enforcement after I get my AA and thats the attitude Id take into the academy should I indeed go said route.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

oh i thought i had to sign my copy also my bad.

i think the cop thought i was speeding because of my loud exhaust, i did a little second gear pull but then i was on the brakes because i was making a right turn, if he has no proof of speeding, should i then take it to court

the statute was 316074(1)
Old 10-12-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

oh i thought i had to sign my copy also my bad.

i think the cop thought i was speeding because of my loud exhaust, i did a little second gear pull but then i was on the brakes because i was making a right turn, if he has no proof of speeding, should i then take it to court

the statute was 316074(1)
(1) The driver of any vehicle shall obey the instructions of any official traffic control device applicable thereto, placed in accordance with the provisions of this chapter, unless otherwise directed by a police officer, subject to the exceptions granted the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle in this chapter.

Innocent till proven guilty but you still need evidence either way. Take a tennis ball and throw it and make him tell you how fast you threw it.

Try ticketclinic if you thik its worth it. You just blantantly admited on a public forum that you did do a "second gear pull" thats open to interpretation but most of know what that means

good luck.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

i didn't do a 2nd gear pull i pulled in 2nd gear from 15 to 45
Old 10-13-2008, 04:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think in one of my first posts before what I said got taken TOTALLY out of context and I got labeled as a power hungry, citizen hating, abusive, ******* cop, that 9 / 10 times the courts will side with the officer. Like Prety said, there is no evidence on either side of this and it's your word vs his. Chances are the court will side with the law unless you can put up one hell of an arguement. Choices are pay it, pay an attorney and at the very least get the points dropped, or if you have a good record plead no contest and simply ask the judge to drop the points and save yourself the attorney fees.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Oh no

Quick Reply: Dont incriminate yourself - Dont Talk to cops...ever!