Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thoughts on a buildup please...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thoughts on a buildup please...

I know this is going to sound like a typical "dreamer" buildup but I'd like some thoughts please. This will be a bit long but bear with me please.

In a nutshell I'm working on a buildup for a friend. We are starting with a '64 pontiac tempest and a used 6.0 liter. The idea for the car is to have a triple threat car, one that runs, drives and shows equally well. It won't be a full out track car but I'd like it to lay down some nice numbers when needed.

Plan is to do the typical retro/techno rod. Car will look more or less stockish with the exception of a lowered stance and some big wheels and brakes.

I'd like to do a large displacement,400ish cubes, with a single turbo and a 4L80e. He is a bit scared of turbos and would like to stay NA. The biggest thing is that this car must be totally driveable on pump gas and make big power, hence my turbo thoughts.

Money isn't really an issue and we have the ability to fab up pretty much anything.

Now the questions,

What would everyone recommend for a rotating assembly?
Bore size, stroke and rod length keeping a 9.0-1ish CR in mind

Has anyone else done a large inch turbo'd combo and what did they use for a combo, what did it make?

I'm really open to suggestions on this, please post your thoughts.

Thanks for reading everyone.

Tony