Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Inlet hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Why did the corvette guys get there ducts replaced? But the F body kits get no love
I bet Peter never responds directly to this. I dare you Peter. Come up with a valid explanation. Or ignore this, or put up some more bullshit, you're good at it.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter@aps

There you go.........do it yourself will save you a small fortune.

Peter
Peter comments like this is just as bad as you spitting in our face. I admit some of the things being said to you are wrong. But your company should help us with a defective part. The price is pretty high for replacement ducts. Considering the FACT that they cannot handle moderate boost. I understand your stand on this but it was desgined by APS. And the consumer ended up with a flaw in the product that you want us to pay for Not to mention these turbo's are leaking on the exhaust side. And cooling is not very good with the current desgin. All in all I am happy with this kit but the ducts should be corrected due to the fact they can damage the turbocharger. Which has allready happened.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 PM
FormerVendor

Why did the corvette guys get there ducts replaced? But the F body kits get no love
You have the wrong mail there my friend............no C5 ducting was ever replaced to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 10-16-2008, 11:07 PM
9 Second Club

You have the wrong mail there my friend............no C5 ducting was ever replaced to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers,

Peter
So it was revised then.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:08 PM
FormerVendor

Peter comments like this is just as bad as you spitting in our face. I admit some of the things being said to you are wrong. But your company should help us with a defective part. The price is pretty high for replacement ducts. Considering the FACT that they cannot handle moderate boost. I understand your stand on this but it was desgined by APS. And the consumer ended up with a flaw in the product that you want us to pay for Not to mention these turbo's are leaking on the exhaust side. And cooling is not very good with the current desgin. All in all I am happy with this kit but the ducts should be corrected due to the fact they can damage the turbocharger. Which has allready happened.
Last time I will post on this thread............heavy duty inlet ducts are available at $248 plus shipping.

Peter
Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 PM
9 Second Club

Last time I will post on this thread............heavy duty inlet ducts are available at $248 plus shipping.

Peter
You have made it clear as day. You do not want to support the persons that purchased your kit. I will not bash you on here on a public forum. But I will say that I am not happy with this. This was a known problem from the get go with EPP. And you and your company still sent the US consumer's a defective product. Have a good day
Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My next kit is going to be made in the states. There are too many companies right here making turbo kits. Some just starting out and making good reputations for them selves,(Modular Turbo, Josh at Kentucky Turbo) Why not support our local guys?

Alex
Old 10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I supported our local guys a year or so ago. Smaller company ,sponsor, great rep .I lost 2000 bucks when they went bye bye! APS at least shipped as said ahead of schedule. The stuff was packed nicely, well organhized. Most of it looked excellent .Manuals online are awesome.
Intercooler looks great. Some little things..cheap worm gear clamps should be replaced by t bolt , I will do that no problem.

So now we have the issues..ducts well we have option to buy some now..might not like the price or the fact they are not free but guess its at least an option. Would like to see them on the new kits so at least could find out if they do indeed work like they are supposed to. Maybe someone on here feeling rich will order and try some.

Sway bar..leaving it off for now. Should be simple fix. Can go stock I guess if have to and put my big fat hotchkis on my 96z.

Cooling..hoping water wetter, better rad if one fits and better water pump can keep things in check. No plans to move intercooler would take off air first.At least knock off some weight.compressor is fairly heavy.

Dud turbos..the ones blowing oil are likely from the inlet ducts. All I can do for now is try to keep the boost down and hope the gates do their job and stay at 7.5. Are most of you guys finding the boost stays at 7.5 .It should if they are real tials not knockoffs.
Starting to think the 20gs are knock offs as well. That would explain bad clearances and some problems some are complaining about.
They are cheap to rebuild but think you have to balance them afterwards or they won't last long.

Think thats mostly it. Gregls1 was really unhappy with his kit..took off both turbos..said a bunch of stuff some of it seemed a bit off the top..something about rusting and lots of the stuff is stainless like studs, downpipes etc so really can't see that.

Again something is why are the vette c5 and the gt0 forums not buzzing with turbo problem they use the identical turbos. Maybe the ducts sucking shut is killing more than we think.

Also wondering if the gravity feed is good enough and what range of pressure is the recommended min and max range for mits 20gs.Tried to find out but no luck.I installled my slp pump with the stock spring for now.See how that works.And no intention to go up on the base boost until figure out inlet tube fix.

Now as for buying US good luck. You have sts , ati, few others . But turbo companies on this forum have really bad history..Incon...Gmr speed, hi flo? OFI?
At least I have a kit that I can tweak and some guys have run some great times with this kit. And some are saying so far they are still happy campers.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
9 Second Club

this sucks what a waste of trust of APS
what do they care is what i can see
Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

I'm just gonna go ahead and buy the heavy duty inlet hoses they're offering. Quickest and easiest solution to the problem imo. I don't like having to spend the money but I don't have major heartburn about it either.

APS is not that big a company to be able to just give us the replacement hoses outright. Doesn't make sense for them I'm sure.

Some of you that haven't seen this may find it interesting:

www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1818/article.html
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Well might be doing the same if have no othe choice and can't Mguyver something.
Be watching to see your results and hoping the tubes hold after some time goes by.
It might take quite awhile before trust them but car goes away soon anyway and by spring should have more data.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tomz28
this sucks what a waste of trust of APS
what do they care is what i can see
This is why I didnt even go there with Peter! First, Our cars are no longer made and the APS market right now for our cars, is very low, if not at zero right now! Market being #1 and the age of the F body#2. Im sure since the intro kits and the following year sales,, everybody or anybody that wanted this kit,with our kind of money on an aged car,LOL!! has done so all ready! Now!, with some of the negetivity coming out ,its steering other current F body guys away from APS,s F body kits and towards other cheaper kits or super chargers as the value of our cars continues to drop.
I think this is the main reasons APS is not that concerned with our issues, as most of us feel they should be sending us (ALL)free inlet hoses!
Now!if we were talking about the 2010 Camaro LOL!!TRUST ME!! We would (ALL) be receiving new hoses in the mail. APS is a bigger company then you think and theres a reason its out of the states as i was informed by a former dealer from Cal who no longer carries there product.Mainly, because they APS, would not back the dealers at setting the bare min price that there kits could be sold at.This unnamed X dealer said he was trying to compete with other guys that were saleing therer kits $200 above what he was paying for his,In the long run he'd have to deal with the bullshit warrent stuff like were complaining about ,plus trying to deal with a company that CANT BE TOUCHED (legally) unless you got on a plane to Australia to handle it!
I was told this friday after calling the listed dealers on APS,s site trying to find someone that would order me these upgraded hoses LOL!! So in reallity, in my eyes, Peters stuck in the middle like us and some of you might disagree im sure ,but whats a guy to do thats dealing with a company thats more then likely no longer focused on us F body guys and is allready ramping up for the new Camaro and newer cars where the market will be conciderable greater!being brand new cars with stickers of 40k and up where new owners dont mind dropping 5K or 6K on their new toys!Does this make any sense?Yes Peter can call APS all day long bitching for us. But in the long run,, whats he to do if the company (APS) is no longer backing him? Is he going to tell us that?? and mess with his paycheck? OR would we all respect him more if he were to agree with us about APS,s shitty service and stop saleing there product?? and look for another source of money to feed his kids LOL!!Do you see what im saying now? Hes stuck in the **** right with us on this! He's fucked if he does! and hes fucked if he doesnt!Aps is the one that will suffer in the long run by not taking MORE!!!care of us because WE!!!are the future buyers of these new cars coming out!!!Can I get an AMEN!!!!????LOL!!!

PS,Hopefully Peter can forward this and all of our comments to APS and let them, (APS) decide if they really want to effect their future sales over these minor issues that we currently have with our kits!

Last edited by barnat; 10-18-2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: adding
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Peter i live in the middle of the states. zip code is 51026. fingure out what 25 sets would cost to me. and lets save some guys some shipping.

also when did they go to 249 plus 100 ship. i thought it was 200 plus 100 ship?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Your the man!

Your the man big bird !!Lets see if APS is really the type of company we all hope they are!!****!Maybe you should think about becomeing a dealer and we all could just buy from you LOL!!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

no ****.

hell i'll split it with you peter. i'll pay you 125 for the ducts. please a state side shipping. i can ship anywhere in the USA for 10 dollars with USPS.

so peter. just help us out. meet me half way.

email me
PM me
call me

i don't care. just lets get this fixed.

i would rather have th tubes form you so i can say i have a complete APS kit. but for 349 i can make them my self and sell them state side
Old 10-20-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Aps

Well??Lets see what happens,I guess!
Old 10-21-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Price confirmed

Just got a PM from APS. The upgraded hoses are $247.50 and a $75 shipping fee Total being ($322.50) for the two hoses
Old 10-21-2008, 02:41 PM
12 Second Club

damn this thread really changed my opinion on aps, ill have to forward it to a few people who will probably go procharger because of it
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Well procharger had its share of problems in the past and not sure about present.
Every system has a few bugs.

While I think that aps should eat shipping or sell these for 1/2 price or give them away for free if can't figure out my own solution will buy there pipes if they work and forget about it ,water under the bridge.

I am not worried about the sway bar issue much at all either. Can fab up something or run stock swaybar.

Cooling issues if they come up will get high flow waterpump and better rad..pretty easy things to swap into the car and I don't live in a very hot place anyway.

Dud turbo issues worry me some but not hearing of any from the gto ,vette guys and its a bit early on the g8 kits to hear much.
So see how that goes. Fact is these mits turbos are super rebuildable and will upgrade like KWIKKAR is if have any problems with mine.

As for the rest of the kits quailty..its very high..nice intercooler..awesome looking coolant return ,awesome windshield washer pump. Awesome welding on the hot side downpipes ..they are works of tig art! Tial is good quality for the gates. Blows off should work but not a big deal turbosmart makes direct fit better ones. T bold clamps will go on my system on the intercooler pipes and some other places but thats minor.

So far I am happy with the way my kit is going together and a few annoying things won't totally sour me to APS. But they need a tech support line and they could be a bit better at sending out parts like the inlets and sway bar spacers ..that type of after sale service goes far.

Now I might be in the pissed off big time camp if have problems with the new turbos.
Should be finding out shortly

And will be looking for alternative fix for the inlet tubes shortly as soon as get them on my car and can really take a look .I have lots of friends that can machine and stuff ,some very clever people. The inlet tube might be super easy to fix . Or the aps fix might work good too. Hopefully someone will buy them and try them out.
But if they get weakened over time maybe like the other ones then it might take several months or maybe longer to see if the fix works for good.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Peters last post on the subject!LOL

Peter
Dam Peter, LOL!!! It isnt very profitable for (YOU) or (APS) LOL !! to leave your last statement like this! Its actually making peaple think in their minds, (This will be the last time WE!!!ever buy ANYTHING FROM YOU OR APS!!Not trying to sound like a dick ,But the only thing anybody thats posted on here wants to hear from you is,,, that you'll see what you can do ,,,??? Even if its a group purchase.Thats all!~!Even if your lying about it LOL and this (LS1 TECH) being THE BIGGEST camaro site out there ,dont you know how bad your cutting your own and APS's throat with replys like this?

Quick Reply: APS Inlet hose