Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Inlet hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

APS does not care about it's customers. After they sell something to you, you are useless to them and will be treated as so.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
My next kit is going to be made in the states. There are too many companies right here making turbo kits. Some just starting out and making good reputations for them selves,(Modular Turbo, Josh at Kentucky Turbo) Why not support our local guys?

Alex
I actually feel stupid with my last (BIG) post defending Peter ! LOL, I actually thought for sure he would have said he would ((atleast check into)) a group purchase or SOMETHING to keep his ((REPUTATION)) from ((completly)) going down the drain with all of us. ****,man,lye to us Peter! LOL,We dont care !Say anything but THIS IS MY LAST COMMENT!!LOL Guess I was wrong as well about you!! I cant wait to see the remarks after someone with a F Body or soon to be new camaro,post on here in the very near future and wants our thoughts on APS's new kit for the new camaro LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!The more i think about Peters last comment the more i think APS would be better off ((as us)) without him!! This will be my last commont as well Peter !I feel like a foul for defending you after reading your last comment !
Old 10-23-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well Peter got flustered maybe its hard to say. I have no idea if he is a partner or what his exact position is in the company. Its not the freaking end of the world if we have to buy the upgrades just annoying as feel they should be supplied free or minium free shipping or something. And are we 100% sure they work and will keep working as time goes by and they get subjected to heat cycles?

I keep saying might have a cheaper solution but still a day or so away from actually having my car at the point where can look hard at the intakes. I have many clever friends and still think can figure something out cheap and effective.

There is only a few things really in any turbo kit..the piping..the intercooler,the turbos, blow offs, wastegates ,etc. And it looks like might be modding or replacing some of mine depending on what needs to be done. I want t bolt clamps on my cold side and intake tubes. I want my hotchkis sway bar to work with my aps kit. I want to be able to run 18 to 20psi if I want to. I want to drive the car without overheating not sure it will but am prepared to pay for bigger water pump and rad if need be. Hoping that would fix that problem. I would likely just send out any dud turbos to be completely redone by another big turbo specialty shop.

Still as said I dealt with local ls1 sponsor..got burned 2000 bucks. At least aps shipped the kit. I can work with the kit its overall pretty nice from what I can see.

Peter has stated if we want the improved ducts we have to buy them. So guess thats that. If that stops people from buying an APS kit well thats up to them. Their choice.

The sts kits are hardly perfect. Not sure on other kits. Ati had lots of problems in the past. Paxton well they were maybe are still junk. Powerdyne..are they even still around.Don't hear much about vortech these days at least on our forums.

And how many turbo companies on ls1 have gone down or just plain took peoples money. Did the people get the hi flo kits? incon ..yeah I know dave inall works for aps now. Has OFI shipped their kits finally? Now you have some new players..Modular turbo? Well he might be ok..but I would pay by visa and not till the kit was in finished form.
I gave APS my 2000 buck deposit and they shipped a nice looking complete kit a week early.It exists its almost in my car and as long as the turbos are ok in the kit then really the little stuff is annoying but hardly the end of the world.

I have seen some great times from the aps cars and several people in my poll seem happy with their kits at least so far.. Sure it would be nice for them to go past 12psi. I want to go past 12psi maybe to 18psi or 20psi find the limits of these little snails on my 408. Kwikkar is getting his upgraded might just go to those if they work great on his car.

I am still undecided on a fuel system ,was just going to get the matching aps without question but am not 100% satisfied with APS ,which up to now is really Peter.
He tends to dodge questions sometimes..ok a lot..and its hard to pin him down with a direct to the point yes/no answer. He would make a good policitian! But then I haven't tried to go over his head..maybe he is top dog there I don't know..

I think its pointless to keep beating a dead horse Barnat. If you want to be a squeaking wheel this forum is not the place to do it. Phone APS for starters and see if you can speak to somone above Peter maybe. Or someone in customer service.

It would be nice to at least arrange a group buy or something but not sure how that can help the shipping. It is australia and we are in north america and shipping is just not cheap.

But enough talking from me I have a build to complete.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default inet hose

That was!!! my last commit on the subject my man!! just like my post read!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

wad up some chicken wire and shove it into you collapsing intake tube, properly secure it and call it good. hell with $300+ by the way, my passenger side APS turbo is being rebuilt at Deeds Performance at this moment. had oil had coolant and was always cooled down properly and still cooked. to be honest i dont think it ever worked, it was a fluke that i realized it was'nt working.

Last edited by lowbirdws6; 11-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be curious to see what the shop says was the problem. Turbos are pretty simple things if you see the rebulid kits. So not sure how it could not work at all..was it siezed? I have had badly cracked on the exhaust housing 100,000 mile mits turbos and they still boosted not too bad. Find it hard to believe a turbo can't boost at all. It would be hard to tell problem with two as the other one could take up the slack..

Anyone that rebuilds turbos care to comment on this. There is next to nothing in a turbo.Have taken a few apart..

Quick Reply: APS Inlet hose