Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin 76 first drive video.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to receive it on Monday. I got a ls6 intake also I should be receiving today I think. so Tuesday should have more updates as I do not have to work!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nevermind, it was already delivered at my house.... Dude next day aired it. That was fast.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you are in open loop so the trims won't be working against you.
keep turning the pressure down until you get afr where you want, remember there is vacuum trying to pull the fuel through the injector, you will be suprised how low you can get the pressure.

I have been tuning cars for about 2 years, the tune is everything, from making big power to affecting idle vacuum.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Can someone explain how lowering the fuel pressure did that and still aloud the car to drive normally? I can see idle, but how cruising and part throttle?
the ecu is in open loop which means the ecu is not accepting information from the O2 sensors to adjust fuel trims which adjusts injector on-time. for example the ecu is telling the injector to open for 1.5 milliseconds to deliver fuel. the injector will still open for 1.5ms if the rail pressure is 50, 40, or 30, so more pressure means more fuel in this case. in a closed loop ecu a change in fuel pressure will get the trims to follow, electronicly defeating the lowering of the fuel pressure by keeping the injector on longer.

the fuel pressure regulator gets a signal line to raise or lower fuel pressure based on the intake manifold pressure. so even though fuel pressure is mechanicly lowered, as the throttle is opened and manifold pressure rises to 0 or above, fuel pressure also rises. this signal to the FPR will keep rail pressure a set amount over manifold pressure.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^Thanks!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

dont forget to put the fp back up when you get the 3 bar map. may need to ask them where they assumed you would be setting your fp for their tune.

on all of my referenced set ups i set it to 43psi key on engine off (fuel pump running)

only drawback to running the fp low is shitty spray out of the injectors, can mess with idle and part throttle quality and mileage

the lower you run your fuel pressure the easier it is on your fuel pumps too

i would still put that ls6 intake on. they work plenty fine and is some weight reduction!

i run ngk 7173 plugs and i like them much better than the autolite racing plugs.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I did put the Ls6 intake on.... I am just waiting on the sensor... I really appreciate all of your help tuesday will tell us more. I also bought auto tap to help look at everything. I still want to buy efi live just not sure if it is worth it for me.

Quick Reply: Twin 76 first drive video.