Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TH400 swap questions (FI related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TH400 swap questions (FI related)

Looking to swap a TH400 in my car, currently has a 4L60E. Will I need a retune with the swap (besides turning off the A4 codes)? I'll be going with RMVB if that matters.

I currently have a 3200 stall PI multi disk, would I want to stay with a 3200 stall or ???

Do I need to use a 2 step with the brake or can I just stand on the gas and let the convertor limit the RPM? If so what 2 step works well?

I currently have 3.73 gears and 28" tires. I have run 10.14 at 139.3 with a 1.62 60'. If I swap to a higher gear like a 3.08 or 3.23 will it really hurt my times? I'm looking for more streetability since I'll be losing OD.

What shifter seems to be most user friendly? I would like to keep my console too if possible, no problem fabbing mounts here. I'm no pro driver and I want the simplest shifter possible.

I also need a shift light, any recommendations?

Lastly, How can I hook my speedometer and odometer back up? I have drag brakes so using the ABS sensors is out. Does someone (Yank maybe?) make an adapter of sorts so I can hook this up? My car is low mileage and I want to keep it honest and accurate.

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stall depends on what's working for you now plus the gear in the trans vs the rear gear you'll be using.

2 step is a no brainer. LPE makes a plug and play.

Gear ratio....talk to kp. I like people that have been there...done that.

B & M Hammer shifter looks factory stock in a manual trans console...don't know about an auto trans console....

I just installed an Autometer programmable LEd shift light....great on bright sunny days...

Most T400 builders like Rossler, etc can put the GM speedo/odo plug in the back of the tailshaft...the short tailshaft works well...just have to reprogram the speedo with EFI or HPT after it plugs up.

Quick Reply: TH400 swap questions (FI related)