Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Opinion from Yall

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pozesd99'
my buddy drew ran a procharger d1 on a stock ls1 and made 640rwhp and lasted over a year without problems... nic d's tunes are right spot on
tune is everything.... his motor never blew, just he stepped up and has one of the fastest vettes in arizona...
11.7 @ i think 144mph lol hahahahaha on 315bfg drag radials full street car
Take a look at Hellbents10s sig. Dadkins' gto makes 825 to the tires on a stock 6.0, 3900lb 6 speed car went 10.66 at 139 on 275 dr's. Its an animal on the street as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Really depends on the size of the turbo and the car you are hanging it on.

The STS system hangs lowere on vettes unles you cut the center trunk out.
The STS system can't even be seen unless you get under the car and look for it. The only time I have seen a turbo hang low is from poor installation. I just saw a 98 f-body with a gts 76 on it and it was very nicley tucked up and out of the way.

The Corvette system comes nowhere near the center section of the trunk so cutting it out would do nothing for you. The turbos sit where the factory mufflers once were utiliszing the factory heat sheilds. The only time they would hang low is again from a poor install.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 67Firebird455
Rings, do you want me to call them rings instead of seals? Oil retainers? What SHOULD I call them? I merely said too much oil pressure, and too much volume will blow oil past whatever you want to call them, I call them seals, although they're not rubber, etc.
The fact is that they are not really there to "seal" anything they merely help the oil stay in the bearings and then to the oil outlet. If you were to plug or restrict the oil outlet and put 10 psi of oil pressure to the inlet it would seep past those rings. That being said how can you say that they control the 60+ psi oil pressure that most cars put out?
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Launching!

POSED99, do you have any further information on that car's setup? I'd love to speak with someone from that company and tuning peeps too.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo 6.0
The fact is that they are not really there to "seal" anything they merely help the oil stay in the bearings and then to the oil outlet. If you were to plug or restrict the oil outlet and put 10 psi of oil pressure to the inlet it would seep past those rings. That being said how can you say that they control the 60+ psi oil pressure that most cars put out?
I had a -4an inlet and a -10an outlet and mine leaked like a son of a bitch. I had no check valves or anything, just a -4an to a .050" restrictor on the inlet to a straight -10an. The point that it's helping oil stay in the bearings sounds an awful like a seal to me. What is the actual NAME for it then? They're rings, I know what they look like and what they're made of. Maybe the turbo I had was a piece of trash, but without any type of regulation, and the engine seeing 60+psi, oil would come out the DP, and I'd find oil in the charge pipe.

Quick Reply: Turbo Opinion from Yall