Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

382 stroker for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N4cer
Use some sense, guys. It's a DISCUSSION board. Not a reference-only database. Questions will get repeated. No need to act like your world has to come to an end and try to be a cyber-bully.
Dude if your referring that comment to me that was over a week ago so why are you bringing it back up?

Why is it ok for you to jump in here and start the name calling all over again?

Cyber-bully huh! I dont see where I said or did any thing wrong or bullyish, I just said do a search! I then proceded to give him the info he asked for.

As for you where is your constructive advice regarding the question he asked?

If you want to DISCUSS me Being an ******* start another thread!

As far as pewter02z28gs and I we've already kissed and made up!

Btw I agree EPP would be a good choice as well as Vengeance

Doug
Old 12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98catfish
Dude if your referring that comment to me that was over a week ago so why are you bringing it back up?
Because I felt like it.

Why is it ok for you to jump in here and start the name calling all over again?
Name calling?

Cyber-bully huh! I dont see where I said or did any thing wrong or bullyish, I just said do a search! I then proceded to give him the info he asked for.
Your wannabe moderation efforts aren't needed, and you aren't a mod. The guy did nothing wrong and doesn't need you policing the board to decide what is and isn't within any rules or etiquette.

As for you where is your constructive advice regarding the question he asked?
What makes you think I feel like giving some?

If you want to DISCUSS me Being an ******* start another thread!
Nah, already said my part. Start your own thread where you cry about my input.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

back to the topic. i think the lunati kits are very nice and you have a pretty wide range of compression ratios. and i think they are fairly priced. good luck.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 PM
10 Second Club

I dunno I'd hate to spend all the extra money for a new stroker crank. Especially when you're running boost and can just crank up the boost if you need power. I got lucky on my last stroker build and found a used crank from a member here that works for Futral or Thunder, I forget which one.

But I'd just build your own deal. Eagle 4" crank, CompStar rods, and Wiseco or Diamond pistons (in order of preference).
Old 12-21-2008, 11:07 PM
TECH Addict

i am not a big fan of strokers, because you loose the ravability of the motor. but if the guy want's a stroker then let him have it. his money not ours. plus he will be making more power on less psi. and also if you build your own setup you have to get it all balanced where the lunati kit comes balanced.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:57 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Give us a call and Dustin can put together a rotating assembly package for you. Bob
Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elias_799
i am not a big fan of strokers, because you loose the ravability of the motor. but if the guy want's a stroker then let him have it. his money not ours. plus he will be making more power on less psi. and also if you build your own setup you have to get it all balanced where the lunati kit comes balanced.
with a 382 u dont have to rev very high to make big power,i made over 900rwhp at 5600rpm.Any good machine shop should be able to balance all the components while they are machining the block anyway.U could save some money by not getting the lunati and us it somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

My 382 is N/A and I use NX. I definately have no problem reving pas 7200 with the 4" stroke. I shift at 6800 as my dynoed HP peaks were 6700-6900 and I get my best times there. It's what ever cam, heads and compression you set up which dictates rpm. If you don't want to rev and maybe make more torque down low that's what you set up the motor for. If you want more rpm, than that's what you set up the motor for. I did my own stroker as I have an auto repair business and I spun a bearing. To save money on a block, I did my homework and built a 382. It is awsome. I wanted a 427, but this worked out for now. Don't be discouraged. There are good vendors here or you can do your due diligence and do your own. If you need help, pm me and I can help point you in a direction. Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

the bore and stroke also make a very big contribution to how high the engine revs its not just the heads and cam, valvetrain.

Quick Reply: 382 stroker for boost?