Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:06 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had also thought about running dual in-tank Walbros, stock feed, EVAP line return, with a regulator mounted up front. I believe I've read about Jim from Speed Inc. having lots of luck with that setup. You can buy a 5/16" quick-connect that will go right on top of the EVAP line. We would also have to disconnect the return line at the Tee and plug it, as we may see pressures as high as 80psi right there.

BTW - I'm doing the tuning on the car. I have everything dialed in, but it's going to be shot to **** once we boost reference the fuel pressure lol. It is currently falling off to about 50psi at the rails under WOT.

The main thing I was wondering about was what AFR to look for while the meth kit is on. The car felt like it picked up 50rwhp going from 16 to 20*. It showed NO knock, even leaning out a bit on the first try.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i got you, well if you want to push the 42# injectors you will really need to raise the fp.

also since the stock computer isnt dropping timing with boost, i would leave that alone and just add fuel (meth) with the added boost.

all together it may work itself out without even retuning.

the referenced regulator will just mean you hold the last injector value across all the ifr table, as it is now held constant being compensated by fuel pressure fluctuation with map.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:18 PM
That's what she said...

We have a Lingenfelter 2-step on the car, which has an input for the 3-bar MAP. You can set it to pull X timing for Y lbs of boost at all times, or you can put it on a switch.

We contacted LPE about tapping into the output on the MAP (running a 3-bar on the car already) for the signal so we wouldn't have to run an extra sensor, and they said they haven't tried it and that iit may interfere with the signal received by the PCM.

The 3-bar SD HPTuners custom operating system has a boost-enrichment table. I can set it up so that it will command a certain AFR until a certain X MAP value. If set the meth to come on at X+1 MAP, I can come off on the enrichment value and let the meth go to work.

I want to make it all happen automatically lol. We have the boost controller in the car already at arms reach. It would be nice to reach down, crank the boost, and it automatically pull timing, correct the fuel, and hose the meth in one fluid motion.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98catfish
This is not exactly true! The meth will act as an additional fuel source.

We will need to know what your combo is before we can give you real sound advice. I will however say that it sounds like you could get another couple of #s of boost as well as more timing.

Logging as you go up will be helpful, Depending on how much meth you are spraying will dictate you A/F. I would start at around 10.5:1 or 10.7:1 to start. Meth has more O2 than gas so you'll need tune a little on the fat side.

My 347 ran 8#s w/meth and 42# inj at 90% dc and 21dg timing made 500/510 w/ a maggie.

Doug
miss read it. thought he was using the meth at 11.4afr
Old 12-27-2008, 12:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
We contacted LPE about tapping into the output on the MAP (running a 3-bar on the car already) for the signal so we wouldn't have to run an extra sensor, and they said they haven't tried it and that iit may interfere with the signal received by the PCM.
I am running a 2 bar HPT OS, and am also using an Alky Control meth system. I am using one 2 bar map sensor for both the PCM and the Alky controller. Assuming the 2 step does not introduce some type of interference or noise you should be able tap into the signal and only run one sensor.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:37 AM
That's what she said...

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
I am running a 2 bar HPT OS, and am also using an Alky Control meth system. I am using one 2 bar map sensor for both the PCM and the Alky controller. Assuming the 2 step does not introduce some type of interference or noise you should be able tap into the signal and only run one sensor.
Sweeeeeeet. I wanted to hear that someone had done it. We may try it out with just one sensor and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Meth Tuning Question